Lunch when park-hopping MK to EP

studiojmm

Mouseketeer
We are planning to spend a couple of hours in Magic Kingdom and then hop to Epcot on Sunday, April 7. I'm pretty familiar with our park options, but wondering about a monorail resort option for lunch.

We are a party of two vegetarians and two seniors. No one is particularly compelled by "fine dining." (I have trouble justifying vegetarian food at Disney's sit-down menu prices. While I get that dining at Disney is generally expensive, I found a plant-based offering on one menu that was basically red beans and rice for about $28, which is probably more than the cost of eating that every night for a week at home.)

Is Whispering Canyon so great that going over there for an overpriced impossible burger is worth it for the experience? Also looking at Kona Cafe. Anything I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

Don’t know about vegetarian options, but we always go to Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge for lunch when at MK. Beautiful setting, good food, nice way to take a break for a few hours, and no reservation needed.

For good food, good experience, and convenience between MK and EP, I'd recommend either Kona at Poly or SH71 at Contemporary. Both have good menus. SH71 would allow for you to walk from MK, monorail to TTC and then monorail to EP. Kona would probably be a boat from MK, then walk to TTC to get the monorail to EP.

What about Geyser Point over at WL?
Our favorite no reservations needed eatery in the MK area. It’s a tad out of the way to go to EPCOT but the beautiful scenery and quiet makes it worthwhile IMO.

By the way, what restaurant did you find the $28 plate of rice and beans at?

Is there a reason you’re limiting yourself to monorail resorts? I wouldn’t really consider a monorail from MK to the restaurant to the TTC then to Epcot much different then bussing from MK to anywhere then busing to Epcot.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass/menus/lunch

As mentioned above, you could bus to a different resort too. The most convenient monorail restaurant/resort would be Poly but those menus do not offer much variety for veg. Another consideration would be bussing to either Boardwalk or Beach Club/Yacht Club, eating and then walking into Epcot from International Gateway. Above is Ale & Compass menu (YC) which is a more casual option, or below Flying Fish (BW).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/flying-fish/menus

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass/menus/lunch

As mentioned above, you could bus to a different resort too. The most convenient monorail restaurant/resort would be Poly but those menus do not offer much variety for veg. Another consideration would be bussing to either Boardwalk or Beach Club/Yacht Club, eating and then walking into Epcot from International Gateway. Above is Ale & Compass menu (YC) which is a more casual option, or below Flying Fish (BW).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/flying-fish/menus
Flying Fish is only open for dinner

Flying Fish is only open for dinner
Well that knocks that one out!

I’d take a look at the menus in Epcot resort area. Take a bus to that resort is probably the easiest logistically because walk into EP when finished instead of needing another monorail. Another option is uber to Riviera and then just a very short Skyliner ride after the meal. That’s if you can get an ADR for Topolinos though.

I vote Steakhouse 71 if you want convenience, otherwise I love Ale & Compass too and it's easy to walk to Epcot.

What about Spice Road table at Epcot? Epcot festival booths will be crowded on a Sunday, but Spice Road table is a lovely respite. I'm looking at the menu and I think these all would be vegetarian
Spiced chickpea stew tagine
hummus fries
Tiropitakia
Nan Spreads
Pomegranite Chili Crispy Cauliflower
Plant based Dolmas
Moroccan Pastries

Kona will definitely be the best option if your vegetarians are pescatarian. If not, the dashi bowls and stir fry are good there and decently sized portions for the price (I have enjoyed the tofu ones even as an omnivore).

A
What about Spice Road table at Epcot? Epcot festival booths will be crowded on a Sunday, but Spice Road table is a lovely respite. I'm looking at the menu and I think these all would be vegetarian
Spiced chickpea stew tagine
hummus fries
Tiropitakia
Nan Spreads
Pomegranite Chili Crispy Cauliflower
Plant based Dolmas
Moroccan Pastries
As a vegetarian, this is on my list of restaurants to try! Now just need to convince my non-veg family that it's worth it!

We are omnivores and enjoy Spice Road Table nearly every trip. It's always easy to get in because the menu scares people and it's consistently good.
My kids are the biggest x-factor! We eat a lot of different foods at home, but seems to be based on their moods that day! I may just have to buy them a Mickey bar while we eat good food.

We are omnivores and enjoy Spice Road Table nearly every trip. It's always easy to get in because the menu scares people and it's consistently good.
Yep! My second never make a reservation always something good to eat restaurant.

I like to stop and grab a quick bite in Tambu lounge in Poly. I don't know if the noodles would classify as vegetarian.

Well that knocks that one out!

I’d take a look at the menus in Epcot resort area. Take a bus to that resort is probably the easiest logistically because walk into EP when finished instead of needing another monorail. Another option is uber to Riviera and then just a very short Skyliner ride after the meal. That’s if you can get an ADR for Topolinos though.
Topolino has the character breakfast until 12:15 pm and then it closes until dinner time.

Same thing with cape may long breakfast, then dinner

Ale and Compass does do lunch plus Beaches and Cream but not much selection for vegetarians at Beaches

How about Grand Floridian Cafe? I don’t know about their vegetarian options but the food is always decent

Also Geyser point has the bison burger for the meat eaters that’s awesome

As a vegetarian, B&C is good for dessert but that’s about it. The e trees were really lacking with the exception of the tots. Personally, As someone who’s been raised vegetarian, I really appreciate that there ARE options. I find I can generally something to eat anywhere. This was not the case years ago. If it were me, I’d find something to eat in EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter