• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage timing.....

wcw57

DIS Veteran
We will be transferring from ASM to SS (rented points)....

If we "check out" reasonably early....before lounging by whichever pool.....would the luggage be in the room at 4 sharp? Close to? Not a snowball's chance?

I, personally, don't care but I'm trying to answer a family member's question...

Many thanks............

I don't think Disney will encourage us to take the bags on the bus....or would they?

And, I didn't mean to imply that is was important, more curious and planning.

IDK, I'm a stranger here myself.

I have no clue - moving resorts mid-vacation is my idea of a nightmare.

I was just giving the "if it's important" bit because of the other thread on the boards about the people who had all their Halloween stuff in their bags which got misdirected and they did not get them in time.

If it's that important to have them, I'd use a taxi or Lyft to go to the new resort and store them with bell services. If it's not, just let Disney handle it.

Luggage is transferred around 1:00 and delivered around 3:00. Bell Services at the receiving resort will store the luggage until you call for it. They can deliver you and the luggage to your room if you need a ride from the main building.

:earsboy: Bill

Luggage is not permitted on Disney buses, boats or monorails.

Generally, it's at the destination resort by late afternoon, but there's no guarantee that it will be, and there are have been reports of bags arriving later for some people. If it's important that your bags be at SSR by 4 PM, I'd suggest that you use a taxi, Lyft, Uber or Minnie Van to take the bags over yourself.

We checked out of AKL at 9am went to Epcot then to the Pop about 2pm called for luggage and had it within the hour. That was our only experence with switching resorts on vacation.

I have moved resorts and not seen luggage sent in the am from the first resort until after 8:00 pm at the second resort. If you want your luggage by 4:00 pm take an Uber, Lyft or a cab and move it yourself to the second resort. NO way would I count on Disney moving it by then. It might happen, but then again it may well not!

And, no, you are not permitted to move luggage on any Disney transportation - bus, boat nor monorail.

I agree, take an Uber, drop it with bell services, if they need the luggage.

I had horrid experience last trip, arrived in the morning, didn't get our luggage from DME until bedtime (like, I think it was after 9 or 10pm). I won't have them handle my luggage any longer.

We took a Lyft this way we knew where our luggage was, plus our room was ready so we just went right t the room with our bags.

Another factor to consider is that SSR is a DVC resort. Check-in is at 4:00 pm. While it's not unusual for rooms to be ready at 4:00 or before, it's also not unusual to wait later than 4:00 pm for your room assignment. So I agree with transferring the luggage yourself via Uber/Lyft/taxi and checking it with Bell Services. That way it will be there when you get your room, whether that's at "4:00 sharp" or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter