Lowes Hotel Sale .. 3/11/

I encourage people who aren't happy to contact the names listed on the facebook site. They sound like they are trying to do some damage control and it might be wise to take advantage of that. It says to contact pstevens@loewshotels.com

http://www.facebook.com/LoewsHotels?fref=ts

What a mess. Someone is going to lose their job over this one.

WOW. I would HOPE nobody would lose their job over this. Everyone knew the REAL offer (or non-offer) prior to booking. If you booked and it SAID your total is X, and once you gave your credit card number the total comes up as Y, then yes, you have lost out, and this should be corrected. Seems the only thing anyone lost is a few hours time spent at the computer, and based on post counts, those few hours would have been spent online regardless. (By the way, I don't have a lot of posts here, but count myself among those that spend hours per day online lol)

... Everyone knew the REAL offer (or non-offer) prior to booking.

I obviously didn't...can you enlighten me as to what you knew the REAL promo offer to be? Silly me thought it would be something more than 0% off rack rate.

And no, I would not have been online at 7:00pm and then again at 9:30pm-1:30am trying to book this promo nor would I have set my alarm to be sure I was up at 7:00am to try again.

I obviously didn't...can you enlighten me as to what you knew the REAL promo offer to be? Silly me thought it would be something more than 0% off rack rate.

And no, I would not have been online at 7:00pm and then again at 9:30pm-1:30am trying to book this promo nor would I have set my alarm to be sure I was up at 7:00am to try again.

I think the PP meant that before you clicked through to actually make the booking, you saw the deal. Any hopes or wishes we had before the sale started were just that, hopes and wishes. Once it went live that's when we saw what the deals were.

There were several problems with this deal.

1. It didn't start when it was supposed to. It started about 12 hours later. For the first 12 hours it gave an error message when you tried to book online and when you called the reservations line they said there were no deals in their system for it.

2. It said there was no minimum stay required but in reality there was a 3 day minimum stay required.

3. Said the deal was good until June 30 but in reality it was only good until June 20.

4. Said it was good for any dates up to June 30 but was only good for a few days here and there.

A promotion is supposed to attract people to your business. This one actually created a lot of hard feelings and did the opposite of what I believe it intended to do.

When there is that much misleading information in a promotion and it creates that much anger in social media, it was a failure.

I wasn't booking anything but it disturbed me to see so many people get turned off of Universal because of a stupid promotion that should just never have happened.

I received an email today from RPR today; there offering me a 30% discount for 3 nights 06/24-06/27. Actual rate is 631 plus tax for 3 nights. Well over budget but should I take it? We can afford it, its more than I wanted to spend though; is this a good rate? I can stay 7 nights off site in a 3.5 Star like the doubletree for example for same price. Opinions Needed. Please help. First timers; 3 kids 12-9-8. I really want an unlimited express pass especially considering when were going.

I received an email today from RPR today; there offering me a 30% discount for 3 nights 06/24-06/27. Actual rate is 631 plus tax for 3 nights. Well over budget but should I take it? We can afford it, its more than I wanted to spend though; is this a good rate? I can stay 7 nights off site in a 3.5 Star like the doubletree for example for same price. Opinions Needed. Please help. First timers; 3 kids 12-9-8. I really want an unlimited express pass especially considering when were going.

That's a good rate for those days. It is really going to be busy at that time and you're going to be very happy with early admission and unlimited express. I'd take it.

I also received an email for 30% off my one night in April at RPR- $205.80 plus tax. I am very pleased as that is $59 less than the AAA rate that I had for the same room!

apparantly they are offering 30% across the board via consensus of emails responses, even for 1 night stay. Re-affirms in my mind that Loews is a class act.:thumbsup2 Certainly, my personal opinion, but rooted in experience with somewhat similar situation with an Orlando hotelier.

Several years ago there was a rate referenced on various message boards re an online booking opportunity at one of another Orlando park's hotel. Many people jumped hoping that it was a valid rate (maybe pixie dust) and that it would be honored. Turned out after mailing out the batch of original confirmations, a revision was quickly sent out at rack rate. There was no offer of any sort of discount on the room when customer service was questioned by guests, not even the current % off pincode that was available at the time nor mention of any of the then-current public discounts either.:confused3 Naturally, the verbage was in place as to pricing errors as I'm sure it was on this offer, but the difference is fact that there was absolutely no effort to make amends vs Loews' example here.

I think the PP meant that before you clicked through to actually make the booking, you saw the deal. Any hopes or wishes we had before the sale started were just that, hopes and wishes. Once it went live that's when we saw what the deals were.

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant:) I understand the disappointment, and realize that the person looking for a pound of flesh was probably just frustrated.

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant:) I understand the disappointment, and realize that the person looking for a pound of flesh was probably just frustrated.

If you're talking about me, I wasn't even booking anything. I have no Universal vacation plans this year. It just annoys the heck out of me when Universal is busting its butt to become a better vacation destination and then Loews goes and does something as misleading as that promotion---at least have the correct info in the terms and conditions and have the promotion ready to go as advertised, not 12 hours later and not with a whole new set of terms and conditions. I'm glad to hear that they are doing repair work. They are usually awesome and this was very uncharacteristic.

And I was never looking for a pound of flesh. I said that someone's going to lose their job. I never said that I hoped someone was going to lose their job. I'm a big cheerleader for both Universal and Loews. If I wasn't I wouldn't have accumulated 25,000 posts or hung around for the past 12 years on the Universal forums.

I think I'm the pound of flesh seeker.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that Loews made good on their original promo offer which resulted in a $614.00 savings for me. Needless to say, I'm very happy with this outcome.

I think I'm the pound of flesh seeker.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that Loews made good on their original promo offer which resulted in a $614.00 savings for me. Needless to say, I'm very happy with this outcome.

i wish i were the tag fairy:rotfl:

congrats, enjoy your trip.

Wierd, I had gotten an email asking for my dates etc, to which I replied. I got an email back saying to expect another email yesterday but haven't heard anything at all...

I was already booked in May with the Stay more Save more plan and the rates were exactly the same. However I did call to get the free Wi-Fi that comes with the "sale" as I was not planning on paying for it.Pretty poor that a resort like Portofino or the others for that matter do not include Wi-Fi or a mini fridge in their price.

I was already booked in May with the Stay more Save more plan and the rates were exactly the same. However I did call to get the free Wi-Fi that comes with the "sale" as I was not planning on paying for it.Pretty poor that a resort like Portofino or the others for that matter do not include Wi-Fi or a mini fridge in their price.

Other than Disney properties, they are one of the few Orlando deluxe hotels that don't charge a daily resort fee which usually covers wi-fi in the rooms.

I noticed that if you join their Youfirst reward program and stay 6 nights you will bump up to Blue which receives free wi-fi among other percs.

Question for those that have taken advantage of the discount:

Was the rate considered 'qualifying'? :scratchin Wondering if the Gold & Platinum percs would apply here or not. edit it is

I was able to pull up the discounted rate Monday but I knew it wasn't going to be that great of a discount with the "up to" part. I went ahead and booked APH rates since they were better.

I just received one from PBR with the 30% off for June 21-24th for 2 rooms. I called the guy who sent it and he booked the room without making me put down a deposit, even though I asked if I needed to.

Not going to complain since the APH and the Resident rates are not out yet, if they come out and are better then I will switch but I am extremly happy that they did something. The guy I spoke with was very friendly and appoligized for the confusion with the sale, I honestly can't think of many other companies/resorts out there that would do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter