Lovmy2girls go to the 50's Primetime Cafe !

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
50’s Prime Time Café is a new place for us. I have read many reviews and seen many pictures from the 50’s prime time café so I just had to try it out for myself. Here we all are ready to have fun! Ok actually this was at the end of the meal, and I look a little, well, lets just say the drinks were good. I didn’t have a pic of us at the beginning of the dinner.
DSC02190.jpg

We arrived late for our ADR, but we still got in with no problem. My mom really got a kick out of the whole place because she remembers having most of the stuff hanging on the wall in her mom’s house when she was growing up. We had a server “earning her ears”, she really was trying to be funny, and I give her two thumbs up for trying, but it was her trainer that was hysterical. Her name is Elizabeth. Try and request her if you can, she was great. She just sat down right at our table and started talking with us. Because she was a “4th day trainer”, she really had nothing to do, so she said, because her trainee had to do all the work, and get this, Elizabeth still got all the tips!! Anyway……..she made the meal very fun. Here is a pic of her at our table.
DSC02192.jpg

Ok so let’s go down to the good stuff. It was a very hard day having fun at MGM, I will spare you the details and stick to the food, so we had a few drinks to make it all buff out. Good thing we did not have to drive the bus back to the Poly! I can’t remember all the names to go with each drink so I will just name off names on my bill, and show you a list of drinks. It really doesn’t matter all were good. Just try them all. We had a Purple People EaterX2, Dads Elec Lemonade, Grandmas Picnic Punch, Scoot Mau? X2!
DSC02184.jpg

DSC02178.jpg
DSC02173.jpg

For starters we tried the Fried Herb cheese. It was Ok, the fruit and bread were good and the cheese was cold. Nothing to rave over here, and please remember everybody, these are just my opinions. My dear hubby had the shrimp cocktail and he said it was very good.
DSC02176.jpg

DSC02177.jpg

We all got something different, so we could sample each others food.
Hubby got the pot roast and he said it was really good. I got the Meatloaf, and it was just OK, I think it would have been better if it was a little warmer. All of my food seemed to come out cold. My mom got the fried Chicken, and I traded her half of my meatloaf for a piece of her chicken, and Let me tell you, I think it was the best out of all the meals. My husband is still standing by his pot roast as the best. The girls decided to forgo the usual chicken strips and fries and opted to go with the Mac and Cheese. They both gave it thumbs up! The fried chicken pic refuses to work with me on this food report and is being very difficult, so I left him out. Sorry folks because I think it was the best out of all 3 dinners.
DSC02179.jpg
DSC02180.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

Dessert was good, As always! Hubby had the Apple Cobbler. The girls had a build a sundae and Smores. I had the Brownie Sundae.

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

In conclusion, our trip to the 50’s Prime time was fun, and I’m glad I tried it out for myself. The interaction and atmosphere make up for the food quality IMHO. The food was OK, but this is not the reason to go here. It did not make it on my “Have to go again, even though I have not tried every restaurant in WDW yet list”, but it was memorable and again LOTS OF FUN!

i like your pictures, i absolutely LOVE 50's primetime cafe. It was a really fun place to eat at.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the review, it was nice to see the food too. We will be going in Aug, we had ADR for last March 2005 but they kept us waiting for so long we left and went and ate next door at H&V..

bluejasmine said:
Thanks for the review, it was nice to see the food too. We will be going in Aug, we had ADR for last March 2005 but they kept us waiting for so long we left and went and ate next door at H&V..

Hope yoiu get to try it at least once. It was fun! Sorry they kept you waiting so long.

Hey, did you all find the Hidden Mickey in the photos? ::MickeyMo

Look in the desserts. pixiedust:

Want a hint? ;) Last one, right in the middle!!

WDWannabe said:
Hey, did you all find the Hidden Mickey in the photos? ::MickeyMo

Look in the desserts. pixiedust:

Want a hint? ;) Last one, right in the middle!!

I see it! Thank you. :goodvibes

Tinkerbell_Girl said:
Thanks again for the reviews! I love 50's Prime Time Cafe. The chicken is the best!
I'm gonna try and put the chicken plate up so you guys can see the chicken too.
I thought it was the best out of all the meals

Thanks! :thumbsup2 After reading your review I'm even more excited to try 50's Prime Time on our upcoming trip. Great pictures.

lovmy2girls said:
We had a server “earning her ears”, she really was trying to be funny, and I give her two thumbs up for trying, but it was her trainer that was hysterical. Her name is Elizabeth. Try and request her if you can, she was great. She just sat down right at our table and started talking with us. Because she was a “4th day trainer”, she really had nothing to do, so she said, because her trainee had to do all the work, and get this, Elizabeth still got all the tips!! Anyway……..she made the meal very fun. Here is a pic of her at our table.
[!

We have had Elizabeth before and she IS a hoot! In fact, she is one we have on one of our videos! LOL! She made us all write something with the beans remaining on our plates. One son wrote "NASTY" and she broke into a version of NASTY BEANS (to the tune of NASTY BOYS)! My other fresh son wrote "NO TIP" she had a field day with that! LOVE HER! :sunny:
It really is such fun there when you get a server who is into it! :)

Corinne said:
We have had Elizabeth before and she IS a hoot! In fact, she is one we have on one of our videos! LOL! She made us all write something with the beans remaining on our plates. One son wrote "NASTY" and she broke into a version of NASTY BEANS (to the tune of NASTY BOYS)! My other fresh son wrote "NO TIP" she had a field day with that! LOVE HER! :sunny:
It really is such fun there when you get a server who is into it! :)

OMG's That is so cool that you had her too. She really was fun! My girls talked her ears off. That night was so much fun because she was training and didn't have much to do at all. She would just sit down at tables and chat while they ate!!! :teeth:

love the review! Prime Time is always a must for our family, I remember them having us all do "shame, shame shame" for someone who was late, and we had to do "homework" while we waited for our meal....I also remember they gave my sister a hard time about accidently breaking the view thing you see the desserts in, until she started crying, then the waitress cheered up her "sister" and got her laughing again. I can't wait to go there again!!!!

Thanks for sharing your review with yummy photos! :goodvibes

I'll be heading to 50's Prime Time Cafe on my next trip in September for the first time and I can't wait! I sure hope I have a server that gets into it as much as Elizabeth. princess:

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter