Lovmy2girls go to Teppanyaki for Lunch !

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
Teppanyaki was a really fun place to eat. This is the first time we have dinned here, so we were very excited!

The lady who was our server was EXCELLENT! And very nice. We were given hot towels to wash our hands with at the beginning of our meal. Nice touch I think. Maybe all restaurants should do this.
DSC02332.jpg

Because of the grill being so hot, and four to a room it was hot in there. Having just come from the hot outside it would have been nice to sit in a cool place to have lunch.

Of course we had drinks. We ordered a Mt. Fuji, Tokyo Sunset, and a Martini Special. Very good drinks!
DSC02335.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

This seaweed salad was included with the dinner. After I ate mine, my husband informed me that he thought maybe that brown thing was a worm. I hope not, but if it was, I thought it was still good. My youngest daughter (blue eyed one) ate the seaweed salad also and said it was good!

DSC02337.jpg

I also ordered the $1.00 salad. Yes, $1.00! Very good salad dressing on it. Ginger I think. No worms here!
DSC02338.jpg

Dear Hubby ordered a Sushi combo sampler. He said the California roll was good. The red tuna was a little strong and he didn’t care for it that much. He has never had Sushi before and was excited about the whole thing. He really enjoyed trying something different!
DSC02339.jpg

The two girls ordered chicken. Mom and I ordered steak and chicken. Hubby ordered shrimp and scallops. Food was great all around. Even the girls enjoyed their food, and it wasn’t even fried!! The cook gives you two sauces to eat your dinner with. A soy sauce and I think she said a mustard sauce. Both were excellent! Here are pics of our cook and FOOD! Our cook was very funny. She really put on a good show for the girls and talked to them a lot. That made it all worth it right there!!
DSC02341.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

We started off with the veggies and then the meat. She said we could go ahead and eat, but I wanted to wait for my meat so I could eat it all together, so I just watched her.

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02347.jpg

Here is Hubbys Shrimp and scallops. His was done first. I tasted his scallops and they were fantastic! Great food here.
DSC02348.jpg

Looking at the pics, I guess we didn’t take a pic of our steak and chicken. Sorry, those drinks must have kicked in by then. Our steak was the last to cook. If you don’t want to wait long to eat, then get the seafood or chicken for your meal. It was still worth the wait, I thought it was very good. Here is a pic of the girls eating with their chop sticks. The server gave them special ones that had a rubber band at the top to help them eat better with them. Just for that I was ready to give her a tip right there! See what happens when you treat my girls nice!
DSC02349.jpg

Dessert was nothing fancy. Ice cream came with the girl’s lunch. They have different flavors. I think mine got the orange and vanilla flavor. I ordered the ginger cake.

DSC02353.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

DSC02351.jpg

In conclusion the first thing that comes to my mind is “What do you mean you don’t take the DDE card?? After that little upset, I was fine. Good food, great entertainment. Look at your seaweed salad before you eat it and make the decision for yourself if it’s a worm or not. Lots of FUN here!

Thanks for all your reviews, I love the pictures of the food. I'll have to remember to take food pictures on our upcoming trip.

it looks like you guys had a wonderful time! :) I am so happy to hear that you loved it. We also loved it last year and I do agree w/ it being so hot w/ the grills. I love the picture of your girls eating w/ chopsticks... its priceless.
Good review! :) :goodvibes :thumbsup2 :sunny:

Thanks for the great review!!! :Pinkbounc

I love the pictures. We ate at Teppanyaki last October when my girls were only 2 & 3 and they don't really remember being there, but I showed them the pictures & they're really excited to go back this October. :thumbsup2

lovmy2girls said:
...“What do you mean you don’t take the DDE card?? After that little upset, I was fine. Good food, great entertainment. Look at your seaweed salad before you eat it and make the decision for yourself if it’s a worm or not. Lots of FUN here!

This restaurant doesn't take the DDE card? It might be going off my list of ADR's!!

Great review, thanks for sharing. I've also never seen a female teppan chef, I thought that was pretty cool! :thumbsup2

Stitch1404 said:
This restaurant doesn't take the DDE card? It might be going off my list of ADR's!!

Thats right! When I got back to my room, I even checked my list I got with the card and sure enough, not on there! :furious:

swankybeth said:
Great review, thanks for sharing. I've also never seen a female teppan chef, I thought that was pretty cool! :thumbsup2

You know, It was a shock for us too! The server was a girl, as well as the podium people, the other chefs when we arrived were guys. She was cool! and very funny. She talked to my girls a lot! :goodvibes And she was good! Lets not forget that. She knew her stuff.

lovmy2girls said:
Thats right! When I got back to my room, I even checked my list I got with the card and sure enough, not on there! :furious:

Lame. Now I am seriously debating whether or not to keep this restaurant. Maybe I will pick another World Showcase restaurant. I know it's only 20%, but it seems silly to go somewhere that doens't accept the card when we have restaurants like this at home.

Stitch1404 said:
Lame. Now I am seriously debating whether or not to keep this restaurant. Maybe I will pick another World Showcase restaurant. I know it's only 20%, but it seems silly to go somewhere that doens't accept the card when we have restaurants like this at home.
I hate to even post this but our bill came to $140.89 for all 5 of us. Thats $28 and change. Thats a lot of savings!!! We saw it as the savings was our tip.

Glad to hear you loved it. This is a family favorite for us. We eat here once each trip. It's probably my son's favorite (aside from Chef Mickey's - and that's only because of the characters).

We love Teppanyaki but were annoyed that they did not take the DDE......if we can get there, we go, but if we can go to another restaurant that we like as well that takes the card, we go there.

Luvmy2girls, I luv your pictures, makes me feel that I am there. Great camera, what is it you use....pictures are absolutely incredible...or should I say edible? ;) :)

Mackey Mouse said:
We love Teppanyaki but were annoyed that they did not take the DDE......if we can get there, we go, but if we can go to another restaurant that we like as well that takes the card, we go there.

Luvmy2girls, I luv your pictures, makes me feel that I am there. Great camera, what is it you use....pictures are absolutely incredible...or should I say edible? ;) :)

We have the Sony Cyber shot 7.2 mega pixles DSC-P200 My hubby did a lot of research on it before we bought it and he felt it was the best camera for our needs, and best of all He likes because it is so small and he can carry it in his pocket! Takes movies too!

oogie boogie said:
Nice review! Made me feel like I was there too! C'ept I'm still hungry!
I know whay ya mean. Its has been hard reliving the food here! I'm hungry too!

Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories for me. I have been reading all of your reviews and it wasn't until this one that I realized that your daughters remind me so much of my sister and I when we were young. We were blonde, blue eyed and tan from all the summer swimming and just about that age when we used to go to Benihana in Ft. Lauderdale. We loved the "show" and of course the orange sherbet with the paper umbrellas. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Japanese food has always been a favorite of mine (see above) but I rarely go in Epcot because we have some wonderful venues in my home area in which I always go. I will have to put this on my to do list again. I do not recall, however, the seaweed salad in the past--always has been salad with ginger dressing. Is this new?? I am all for new foods, but this, well....not so much. :crazy2:

glad you had a good time and "thanks for the memories"

2xcited2slp said:
Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories for me. I have been reading all of your reviews and it wasn't until this one that I realized that your daughters remind me so much of my sister and I when we were young. We were blonde, blue eyed and tan from all the summer swimming and just about that age when we used to go to Benihana in Ft. Lauderdale. We loved the "show" and of course the orange sherbet with the paper umbrellas. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Japanese food has always been a favorite of mine (see above) but I rarely go in Epcot because we have some wonderful venues in my home area in which I always go. I will have to put this on my to do list again. I do not recall, however, the seaweed salad in the past--always has been salad with ginger dressing. Is this new?? I am all for new foods, but this, well....not so much. :crazy2:

glad you had a good time and "thanks for the memories"

The server said the Seaweed salad came with the meal. I have never dinned here before this, so I don't know if it is new or not.
Glad you are enjoying the reviews!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter