Lovmy2girls go to Cinderella's Castle for Lunch!

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
We are having Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table this trip. For Mothers Day I told my mom I would treat her to lunch in the Castle and she was thrilled! Out of all the trips we made when I was a kid, and even when she has been without me, she has never dinned in the Castle. So she was in for a treat!
DSC02221.jpg

Love the walkway in the castle, just so beautiful. The shop is always fun to look in too!

Here we are outside!
DSC02242.jpg

It’s sad to hear people come up the podium and ask “Do you have any times available? OK, what about for the rest of the week?” I’m sure people have gotten in same day or last minute, but the chances are slim! Very sad for the little ones wanting to eat in the Castle with Cinderella!

Me, my mom and the girls! Dear hubby is the one taking the picture. I requested a window seat. I also said I would be glad to wait for this seat. I think that helps when making a request like that. Lets them know you are not toooo demanding. Having never dinned in the castle before, I wanted my mom to have a great seat overlooking the park! WE GOT IT!!!

DSC02227.jpg

Here are pics of the appys! The girls chowed down on the fruit an cheese. The other platter had fried wontons, grilled chicken, and seafood ball kind of things; sorry I can’t be more descriptive here. I didn’t mind the chicken being cold, but the other appys were not good cold. I think they should have been warmer. Not good at all, and I like wontons. Nothing to rave about here with the appys, sorry folks.

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

Here is the main reason to dine in the Castle. Here come the princesses! We meet Cindy in the main lobby and had our picture made with her. The fairy Godmother also is included today at lunch.
DSC02232.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

Hubby had the Salmon and he said it was good. My mom and I both had the Major Domos Pie. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t fantastic good either. Nothing seemed warm enough. I think they plate all this stuff in advance and it is just sitting there till served.

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

The girls had the hot dog on pretzel bread. They gave it a thumbs up!
DSC02234.jpg

For the ending we had blueberry buckle cobbler. Very good, but I’m crazy about desserts, so I am easily pleased in this category. The girls had sundae with chocolate crown on top.
DSC02241.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

In conclusion I have a lot I WANT to say but will try and keep it short. I picked Cindy’s again because my mom has never dinned here. We have done breakfast here once before and really enjoyed it, that being our first time, it was special. We actually sat at the very same table. The food was not that great for the price you pay here. I guess you are really paying for the princesses and being in the Castle and that will just have to be that. This is not on my “Have to eat here again even if I haven’t eaten at all the WDW restaurants yet list”. The girls have had fun! Mom had Fun and thought it was a great Moms day gift! Now on to somewhere else!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

I totally agree with re the castle. We have eaten there for both breakfast, lunch and dinner and apart from the fantastic surroundings the food is less than wonderful.

Great review! Thank you for the pictures. November will be our first family trip. We will also have lunch at the castle.

dancemomnj said:
Great review! Thank you for the pictures. November will be our first family trip. We will also have lunch at the castle.

Hope you have fun. Just being in the Castle and seeing the princesses is magical. Have fun! :)

Love the review! :sunny: We'll be eating lunch at the castle in October (first time) and my girls will be so excited when I show them the pictures from this thread tomorrow. Thanks so much. :cheer2:

I think that the castle is all about the experience...food is secondary. We've done both lunch and dinner (both when they were only 1 TS credit) and it was fun, but we don't think that it is worth 2 TS. It'll be a while before we return.

I think that we were at the same table that you were at for my birthday dinner in January. A window seat is definitely worth the wait!!!

sugarpie said:
Love the review! :sunny: We'll be eating lunch at the castle in October (first time) and my girls will be so excited when I show them the pictures from this thread tomorrow. Thanks so much. :cheer2:
Have a great time. There is something special about the Castle and Princesses! Your girls will have a wonderful time.! :love:

amarberry said:
I think that the castle is all about the experience...food is secondary. We've done both lunch and dinner (both when they were only 1 TS credit) and it was fun, but we don't think that it is worth 2 TS. It'll be a while before we return.

I think that we were at the same table that you were at for my birthday dinner in January. A window seat is definitely worth the wait!!!

I Agree with everything you said! :thumbsup2

I think they plate all this stuff in advance and it is just sitting there till served.

Before we went, knowing that the breakfast is preplated, I figured it would be. I meant to check and see if they had actual kitchen facilities up there but totally forgot. Ours were brought to the table with their covers on and the covers removed at the table. Ours was sort of lukewarm also.

ALL your picture from your trip are,GREAT :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

THANK YOU ! ;)

Have a great summer :goodvibes

mary ;)

You mentioned that you requested a window seat and didn't mind waiting for it....did you request when you made the reservations or when you got there? Would you say the window seats are quite nice as far as looking at the park?

Thx for the info.

masterslacker said:
You mentioned that you requested a window seat and didn't mind waiting for it....did you request when you made the reservations or when you got there? Would you say the window seats are quite nice as far as looking at the park?

Thx for the info.

I just asked for it when I arrived for my ADR. The window seats are primo for looking out at the park.!

I have not eaten here in years (before it was character, I believe) and have no plans to but I wanted to continue with your great reviews and pics.

Great view from the castle. Sorry the food was so-so but it is the memories that count, especially for your girls. :goodvibes

2xcited2slp said:
I have not eaten here in years (before it was character, I believe) and have no plans to but I wanted to continue with your great reviews and pics.

Great view from the castle. Sorry the food was so-so but it is the memories that count, especially for your girls. :goodvibes

I just don't understand why the food is not better than it is. Surely Disney can fix this problem, by just putting a little more effort into it, they could make it just a little better.

Thanks for your review of yet another restaurant we'll be trying. I really enjoy looking at your pics and reading your descriptions of the food.
Also thanks for the tip about requesting the window seat. We'll be asking for sure now.

Love your reviews and pics!

It's a shame that Disney felt the need to cash in on the Castle demand and change lunch/dinner. DH and I had dinner in the castle on our 1 year anniversary and it was romantic, magical AND delicious! This was in 2001. Later in 2001, we brought my parents to the castle for lunch for their 30th wedding anniversary. It was wonderful!!! I feel that the food quality has declined because (it seems to me) Disney is just trying to get as much $$$ out of patrons who "have to" see the Princesses IN the castle. I certainly can do without the photo-op with Cindy in the lobby. For what they charge for breakfast and what you get is just robbery. My DH is lactose intolerant and when asked about substitutions we were told there were none available. No pancakes, no waffles - nada. He had to eat luke warm french toast sticks. Yum. :confused3

Anyway, I think it's great to experience the castle, I just wish they'd get a top-notch chef in there to make it more of an overall EXPERIENCE - not just a "Princess" one.

Sorry to hijack your review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter