Lovmy2girls and Counter Service reviews !

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
COUNTER SERVICE! These two little words are very powerful ones. They can cause some to be sick to their stomach. They can cause others to yell out “NO not another chicken strip PLEASE have mercy our stomachs!” They can cause others to squeal in delight “OH Hot Dog, I will take a HOT DOG, YUM YUM!

Now, there are a few places in WDW that I love the Counter Service and these photos do not do the food justice. But…..I just wanted to let you guys see some of our favorite dishes at Counter service. Sadly, there are only a few pics from this trip to show ya.

Here is our favorite Sandwich in all of WDW counter service. It comes from Columbia Harbor House. THE ANCHORS AWAY Sandwich. Tuna, with lettuce, tomato, on delicious multi grain bread, toasted to perfection served with a wonderful bag of chips.
The bread is a perfect mix of soft and crunchy and toasted! The tuna is perfect with the just the right amount of mayo, and for you Tuna sandwich lovers out there, you know what I mean. Too much mayo causes a soggy sandwich! There is nothing like coming in from a hard morning in the MK, all hot and tired and relaxing with one of these little beauties. If it is open, try the upstairs of the CHH, very quiet and a nice view of Liberty Square.

DSC02044.jpg

In the Animal Kingdom, there are two great counter service places. Flame Tree bar BQ and the Tusker House. This is a hot topic on the boards with which one is better, and it has just come down to taste buds for us. Both are GREAT!! But….My husband loves the Salmon at the Tusker, and the kids like the chicken drum stick there too. Also adding to the dinning enjoyment at the Tusker House is A/C! Nothing beats a cool great place to eat after fighting the Yeti all morning and the Tusker House is our #1 pick!

Here is a picture of the Salmon and Ale. My hubby loves this dish! The salmon comes with Rice, and green beans. He says both are fantastic and seasoned just right, and the Ale just makes it all that much better! The Ale is optional but highly recommended.

DSC02083.jpg

For the kids dinning pleasure you have good options here! The chicken drum stick with mash tatoes is a good alternative to the regular chicken strips and fries. Not to leave my other little one out, here is a pic of the Mac n cheese, with NO FRIES! Both give thumbs up on this whole meal and they are ready to go back out in the Animal Kingdom and have fun!

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02084.jpg

Those are our two number one picks at the moment. Epcot has great Counter service; you can hardly go wrong with any place over there. The backlot Express over at MGM had good turkey wraps. Due to the hard day we had there, we forgot to take pictures of that, sorry.

Now…An honorable mention goes out to the Pinocchio Village Haus in the MK for this sandwich here. Grilled Turkey and Bacon Panini - smoked turkey, bacon, roasted red peppers, tomato basil on muli-grain bread, served with chips. This did not win over the Tuna Sandwich, but was very good.

DSC02132.jpg

In conclusion, for the all the Table Service only dinners, I would like to say that counter service is not something to be feared or crossed of the list. You can find very good food in WDW in the fast lane.

Enjoy, and that’s the last of my food reports guys! Until the Food and Wine Festival!!

The Columbia tune sandwich looks great, we have never eaten there might try that this time when I am hot and sticky and don't fancy a burger.

Hi ... Thank You again for the reviews - I'm so hungry now, could use one of those sandwiches - I Love CHH too. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Thank you soooo much for all of your great reviews/pics!!! You visited most of the places we'll be going to!! Another thanks for the MARTINI'S!! :thumbsup2

Great reviews! We're planning on eating at Tusker House in September. I may try the salmon.

One question about the tuna sandwich at CCH: does it have celery? I love tuna, but I can't stand celery. Consequently, I rarely order it.

TigerKat said:
Thank you soooo much for all of your great reviews/pics!!! You visited most of the places we'll be going to!! Another thanks for the MARTINI'S!! :thumbsup2
Glad you enjoyed them. When we come back in October I hope to have all new Martini's to tell ya about. Were planning to go with out the kids and hope to have a blast trying new drinks and food at the F&WF :thumbsup2

I'm with your hubby re the Salmon (and the beer lol) at Tusker House. It's really tasty and great value too! I get it every time we visit AK.

I've so enjoyed your reports and food pics, and your girls are real cuties too princess:

bookgirl2632 said:
Great reviews! We're planning on eating at Tusker House in September. I may try the salmon.

One question about the tuna sandwich at CCH: does it have celery? I love tuna, but I can't stand celery. Consequently, I rarely order it.

You know, I have eaten this sandwich more times than I can remember, and I feel really stupid saying this, but I don't know. I don't like onions and celery in my tuna either. I will say this...If they have celery in this sandwich it is cut up really, really small. If there were big chunks I think I would have tasted it. So sorry about this. Here I go on an on about this great sandwich and I don't even know if there is celery in it! :sad2: I just asked my hubby too, and he said he didn't think celery was in the sandwich either. Sooo...Maybe ask the cashier if she could find out before your order it. I will investigate this matter next time I go for sure.

Cocomisu said:
I'm with your hubby re the Salmon (and the beer lol) at Tusker House. It's really tasty and great value too! I get it every time we visit AK.

I've so enjoyed your reports and food pics, and your girls are real cuties too princess:

The food quality is almost like Table service isn't it? That really is such a beautiful meal, and taste good TOO! :teeth:

Thanks for all of the fabulous reviews and pictures. I also agree about the salmon at Tusker House-divine! :thumbsup2

We must have the same taste! I always have the tuna sandwich on our first day at MK - it is sooooo good. Tusker House is another one of our favorites -a definite lunch for us on our AK day.

Haven't tried the pannini at Pinocchio's yet but definitely have that ear marked for July. Thanks!

:sunny: Can't wait for your next reviews I loved your CP pix and now these I'm not a Tuna fan bot that Turkey bacon looked yummy and of course there was mac & cheese for DGS and I saw what the mickey crackers were.Thankyou Thhankyou !!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We're counter service fans, and we adore CHH, so I really enoyed your reviews. :)

Thank you for your report and for the photos...I'm looking forward to eating at Columbia Harbour House and Tusker House on our next trip. Your pic's looked yummy!!

well, okay----I never thought I would look forward to a tuna sandwich. I like tuna but I never really thought about ordering it at a restaurant, much less WDW. It is usually just something I whip up when there is nothing else in the house to eat. :lmao:

I now want a tuna sandwich--thank you very much. When I go to CHH I always get a bowl of the yummy clam chowder. I think next time it will have to be a soup/sandwich combo. Do they have this? I will have to investigate. :magnify:

Thanks for your reviews. (I just read your review on LeCellier).
Great input all around. :sunny:

2xcited2slp said:
well, okay----I never thought I would look forward to a tuna sandwich. I like tuna but I never really thought about ordering it at a restaurant, much less WDW. It is usually just something I whip up when there is nothing else in the house to eat. :lmao:

I now want a tuna sandwich--thank you very much. When I go to CHH I always get a bowl of the yummy clam chowder. I think next time it will have to be a soup/sandwich combo. Do they have this? I will have to investigate. :magnify:

Thanks for your reviews. (I just read your review on LeCellier).
Great input all around. :sunny:

They have a Half Sandwich and Cup of soup $6.69, but I don't know what kind of sandwich, Sorry. I don't make tuna at all when home. When I go to Subway, I never look once at their tuna YUK, I have had it before! CHH must put some kind of special something in that sandwich is all I can figure!

Have really enjoyed reading all your reviews and seeing the pics! Thanks for taking the time to post!!

lovmy2girls said:
They have a Half Sandwich and Cup of soup $6.69, but I don't know what kind of sandwich, Sorry. I don't make tuna at all when home. When I go to Subway, I never look once at their tuna YUK, I have had it before! CHH must put some kind of special something in that sandwich is all I can figure!

Boy! You Guys! Bunch of Disney experts Huh, (Disney Hubby here) :rotfl2: :rotfl2: They put in "Mouse Magic" thats why it taste so good! :rotfl: :rotfl: Just remember "Mouse Magic" Say it to you self three times slow....... :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter