Loved The Vistana Resort!!!

AlyLynn

Mouseketeer
Thanks to you guys, we knew what to ask for, and had the best vacation. We went during Easter week, so I was praying for a clean unit at best. With 4 kids, ages 1-12, that's our priority. We have been to Disney 3 times just since last July, and stayed in every type of hotel on site from the Value to the Deluxe. The Vistana was our kids favorite by far, even though it was off site. They didn't even want to go to the parks a couple of times. We were in a Cascades unit right off the elevator, which I had asked for, since one of our family members just suffered a broken bone in a fall. The villa was gorgeous, and immaculate. My husband was asked about a time share tour once at check-in--that was it. I figured we were doomed when they found out how often we go to Orlando. The entire staff was friendly. The activities people really go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome. Thanks again for helping us plan a great vacation!

Thanks for the report. We are staying there for the first time in May. I'm not sure what is going on, but even Trip Advisor went from some pretty bad reviews to having mostly great reviews now. Not sure if they are rehabbing or what, but I'm glad you confirmed it. Glad you had a good time.

Just make sure you fill in a Diamond Lane Check-in form. I wasn't sure if I could since we weren't owners, but Starwood even replied back, telling me "they'd do their best to accomodate our wishes". We did ask for a newer unit, because after reading all of the posts, we knew the newer units were the only ones with an elevator. We needed an elevator due to a family members injury.
Hope this helps you!

We did ask for a newer unit, because after reading all of the posts, we knew the newer units were the only ones with an elevator. We needed an elevator due to a family members injury.
Hi Alylynn,
Technically you could have been placed in an older unit despite not having an elevator because they'll just place you in a ground floor unit. So you cannot count on a newer elevator bldg based solely on a family injury or handicap.

To Jessiangel,
You get such varied reviews because Vistana has 9 different sections or villages at the resort. Some are very old---they were actually preexisting townhomes that Vistana just took over in 1980 when they purchased the land.
So you can conceivably be placed in a unit built in the early 80's or a brand new one built in the last 90's/early '00's.
Definitely fill out the Diamond Lane form---though there are no guarantees, Vistana tends to place renters in the newer areas. Frankly, I think they are trying to "wow" new guests and get them to become owners. It's the RCI exchangers that "tend" to be placed in the older sections. I've seen a trend over the years where they seem to be given the least priority for placement.

Hi Alylynn,
Technically you could have been placed in an older unit despite not having an elevator because they'll just place you in a ground floor unit. So you cannot count on a newer elevator bldg based solely on a family injury or handicap.

To Jessiangel,
You get such varied reviews because Vistana has 9 different sections or villages at the resort. Some are very old---they were actually preexisting townhomes that Vistana just took over in 1980 when they purchased the land.
So you can conceivably be placed in a unit built in the early 80's or a brand new one built in the last 90's/early '00's.
Definitely fill out the Diamond Lane form---though there are no guarantees, Vistana tends to place renters in the newer areas. Frankly, I think they are trying to "wow" new guests and get them to become owners. It's the RCI exchangers that "tend" to be placed in the older sections. I've seen a trend over the years where they seem to be given the least priority for placement.

Even though I stayed at the Cascades which was newer I think the Falls which is one of the older townhomes is nicer. While the decoration is dated to some extent it is much bigger. The Cascades seemed cramped (says the person who used to stay at the All Star with four people LOL).

DEFINATELY fill in Diamond Lane EVEN if it is just to get to the head of the huge line that forms in check in days.

We are going through RCI. I really hope my boss gets back soon as she has our confirmation number and I can't use the Diamond Lane checkin until she gets back (already tried). I have a feeling we will be in an older building, as our flight doesn't get in until late on a Saturday, so its not looking really promising for a newer building. As long as it is clean and mold-free (highly allergic to mold - sparks my asthma), we will be happy.

What is this Diamond lane thing? We are staying there in 20 days! Yeah, My Grandfather is a timeshare owner, we just figured you get what you get?

What is this Diamond lane thing? We are staying there in 20 days! Yeah, My Grandfather is a timeshare owner, we just figured you get what you get?
Here's the Diamond Lane online request form :
https://www.svosecure.com/starwoodvo/diamond.jsp?resortID=5

Fill it out now. Is your grandfather a timeshare owner at Vistana or are you exchanging into Vistana ? If he's an owner, yes, you will be placed in whatever section you own in. But, for example, I own in the Fountains I/II. I like to request upper level and water view. I also like to request Fountains II instead of Fountains I. I've been happy with whatever I get and most of the time Vistana has honored my requests.

So you can request things like: ground floor, "Cascades sections", close to pool......etc

Hope this helps....have a nice trip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter