Love AKV Jambo House, but No Vacuum?

rillsung

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else noticed this? The list of amenities under the sink still lists a vacuum or broom, but our two rooms did not have either one!

Both should be in the closet, if not just press the Housekeeping button on you room phone, they will bring you what you need.

Both should be in the closet, if not just press the Housekeeping button on you room phone, they will bring you what you need.
Thought it was really weird that both of our rooms did not have either one! Not in the wardrobe of the studio lock-off and not in the wardrobe or closet of the dedicated studio!

I don't see any reason to have them in the rooms for most guests. However with children they might be handy to have. I doubt if the majority of guests ever use these items.

I get a hard time of having my wife vacuum the house. I know she isn't going to do it on vacation or would I want her to.

Tom does the vacuuming in our house. He used to vacuum like crazy on vacation, it was a family joke. Now, he and I can laugh about it. I do not think either of us has used a DVC vacuum, but we do mention that it's there if we need one!

Given that most of the studios in Jambo House have a free standing wardrobe instead of a closet, with half of that wardrobe devoted to the vacuum and ironing board, there's very little storage space left for the guests' own things. I wish they would get rid of the ironing board too. I can't imagine many people use that on vacation. Then add either more space to hang clothes or some shelving in that half of the wardrobe.

Given that most of the studios in Jambo House have a free standing wardrobe instead of a closet, with half of that wardrobe devoted to the vacuum and ironing board, there's very little storage space left for the guests' own things. I wish they would get rid of the ironing board too. I can't imagine many people use that on vacation. Then add either more space to hang clothes or some shelving in that half of the wardrobe.

We're rarely on a trip that someone in our group doesn't use the ironing board. I'd hate to have to call for it. I, on the other hand, wouldn't have thought we were all that unique.

The vacuum - yeah, not doing that on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter