Lots of posts today on Facebook regarding ‘stacking’ ending

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
After hearing over and over about how-to stack LL reservations (at 7 AM, using the 120 rule, and tapping into to a ride after the 120 time, etc), today I’m seeing many posts stating that it’s not working that way as of today.
I’m curious if anybody there today can confirm or deny that there have been some closures to this loophole? The posts said that while they could book at 7, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, they could not grab another once tapped in two places into their first ride.

After hearing over and over about how-to stack LL reservations (at 7 AM, using the 120 rule, and tapping into to a ride after the 120 time, etc), today I’m seeing many posts stating that it’s not working that way as of today.
I’m curious if anybody there today can confirm or deny that there have been some closures to this loophole? The posts said that while they could book at 7, 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, they could not grab another once tapped in two places into their first ride.
I hope this isn't true. Sigh.

It was only a matter of time before they shut down the loophole that allowed people to wait a couple minutes after their LL window expired to grab 2 additional LL passes. That probably just required some software analysis to fix. But there are many folks out there who seemed to be planning on its use for upcoming trips. Glad they shut that down - makes the system fairer overall for those in the parks those days.

I may have understood one of the posts wrong, but prior to the loophole closing someone posted about getting a LL at earliest time and then not using it for the ride but using it to stack the second one that she was actually going to use. That didn’t sound ethical to me - to hold a space while not planning to use it. I could be confused though. It’s not like anything Disney has created recently is elegantly streamlined lol.

Arrived today and was very excited to use this and I can unfortunately say the loophole is closed. It does not work :(

I truly do not understand how it is going to work- I’ve seen all the posts and for some reason can’t grasp it. I guess I will when I do. We are going week of Xmas 2 days

I truly do not understand how it is going to work- I’ve seen all the posts and for some reason can’t grasp it. I guess I will when I do. We are going week of Xmas 2 days
Given what happened this week stacking is going to be largely irrelevant anyway. You’ll be lucky if you pull 2 lightning lane attractions total before everything sells out. AK was out of every single lightning lane including all the shows by 2:20 pm today.

Goodness I miss the good old days. Less strategizing, looking for an angle, staring at a cell phone, finagling to get on a park ride that you’ve already paid for but being kept from it as ur only option is paying even More money or waiting on a very long line. Yeah… it’s definitely not the Magical Family Experience of years past.

Goodness I miss the good old days. Less strategizing, looking for an angle, staring at a cell phone, finagling to get on a park ride that you’ve already paid for but being kept from it as ur only option is paying even More money or waiting on a very long line. Yeah… it’s definitely not the Magical Family Experience of years past.
. . . of two months ago!

Given what happened this week stacking is going to be largely irrelevant anyway. You’ll be lucky if you pull 2 lightning lane attractions total before everything sells out. AK was out of every single lightning lane including all the shows by 2:20 pm today.
It's why they should have went the Universal route and create their version of express pass.

DFB posted it earlier today. Not a happy camper. Just when I think I understand this stupid thing, they change it again.

It's pretty simple - actually far simpler now that they've corrected this to probably what they meant it to be. Basically you can now only make a reservation 2 hours after you made your last reservation with one exception - if you tap into a reservation and aren't already holding another reservation booked within the last two hours, you can book when you tap in.

Old system example: At 7 am you book a LL for 11:30 am. You could make another reservation at 11am when your two hours (from park opening) expire AND you could make one when you tap into the 11:30 reservation.
New system: You can still make a reservation at 11am when your 2 hours come up but you cannot make a reservation when you tap in at 11:30 because you're already holding another reservation that you made less than 2 hours ago (at 11). So you can only make another reservation at the earlier of 1pm (when you two hour are up) OR when you tap into that 11am reservation (since if you tap in before 1 you won't have another reservation booked).

FWIW - I hated the system when they announced it any my hatred is just growing as I'm reading reports. I'm seeing far more people saying this really raises the stress level of trips rather than makes it easier. It's one thing to try to squeeze money from guests - it's another thing to do it in a way that also greatly detracts from their vacation. I have no desire to go back to Disney other than at the absolute lowest crowd times now as it's clear that trying to use Genie during heavy crowds is a nightmare. If it were "we're charging you more money but look what you get" I'd deal with it. But this is "we're charging you more money and look what we've taken away from you . . ." FP+ was a game changer. It made it much easier for people to plan their day according to their schedule whether you were a rope dropper, a mid-day breaker, a park hopper a late riser - you had options no matter what. I'd like to hear what the day will be like now for someone who isn't on their phone until 10am and in the park at noon . . .

Last edited:
It's pretty simple - actually far simpler now that they've corrected this to probably what they meant it to be. Basically you can now only make a reservation 2 hours after you made your last reservation with one exception - if you tap into a reservation and aren't already holding another reservation booked within the last two hours, you can book when you tap in.

Old system example: At 7 am you book a LL for 11:30 am. You could make another reservation at 11am when your two hours (from park opening) expire AND you could make one when you tap into the 11:30 reservation.
New system: You can still make a reservation at 11am when your 2 hours come up but you cannot make a reservation when you tap in at 11:30 because you're already holding another reservation that you made less than 2 hours ago (at 11). So you can only make another reservation at the earlier of 1pm (when you two hour are up) OR when you tap into that 11am reservation (since if you tap in before 1 you won't have another reservation booked).

FWIW - I hated the system when they announced it any my hatred is just growing as I'm reading reports. I'm seeing far more people saying this really raises the stress level of trips rather than makes it easier. It's one thing to try to squeeze money from guests - it's another thing to do it in a way that also greatly detracts from their vacation. I have no desire to go back to Disney other than at the absolute lowest crowd times now as it's clear that trying to use Genie during heavy crowds is a nightmare.
To play devils advocate on all of this. All this complaining on how Genie+ and how Disney isn't the same, the US has some of the best parks in the world. Why not just go to them instead? Even Florida has some amazing parks in Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, and Universal.

To play devils advocate on all of this. All this complaining on how Genie+ and how Disney isn't the same, the US has some of the best parks in the world. Why not just go to them instead? Even Florida has some amazing parks in Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, and Universal.
And that is exactly what I'm doing - not just with parks but there are lots of places in the world to visit. Will be cutting back Disney visits especially at more busy times. Just seems more frustration than it's worth right now. I see basically two choices - massive stress having to be tied to your phone starting at 7am every day not knowing what will be available or just not doing that but likely being on line for many more hours than what it used to be. I know some people don't mind waiting hours on line - I'm not one of them. I don't think I've had a trip in over 10 years where I waited more than 30 minutes more than once or twice a day. I just don't want to go if I think I'm going to have to do multiple 1 hour+ lines to do what I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter