• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost Military Salute vouchers

famcruisefun

Mouseketeer
Hello all.
We are traveling to WDW this fall, planning to use military salute tickets for which vouchers were purchased a number of months ago. Numbers from the vouchers are on all of our MDE accounts, we have FP's - all seemed good. Then tonight we went to check on all of the paperwork for the trip and we can't find the vouchers. We haven't looked everywhere, but we've looked in all of the usual places and they just aren't there. We do have pictures of the backs of all of the vouchers - with the numbers on them - but we can't find the actual vouchers.

If, after looking in all of the not usual places, we still can't find them - is there a way to replace them? Would that be done where they were purchased, or at WDW?

Thanks so much for any help you can give - off to keep looking for the vouchers.

I don't know anything about military vouchers (and thank you and your family for your service) but when I buy tickets online, I add the ticket numbers to MDE, and I never need the actual tickets. If you have FP booked, I would think you would be good to go, as you cannot do that without active tickets attached to your MDE account. But maybe military salute tickets are different?

As long as you've linked them and you have photos, that should be enough. You should never really need the actual vouchers once you've done that.

This is one of my fears when buying the mil vouchers months ahead of time, but I haven’t had it happen. I’m guessing here, but if you have pictures of the backs, this may be your saving grace. This provides something for them to scan to issue your actual tix at the gate.

Thanks for the replies so far. We do have them linked to our MDE accounts - but we are still required to present them at guest services to activate them when we arrive - that's why the question about replacing them. While I don't hope anyone else has been in this situation - I'm hoping the answer is a good one and someone can tell me how they've dealt with this situation.
Have a great day!

Thanks for the replies so far. We do have them linked to our MDE accounts - but we are still required to present them at guest services to activate them when we arrive - that's why the question about replacing them. While I don't hope anyone else has been in this situation - I'm hoping the answer is a good one and someone can tell me how they've dealt with this situation.
Have a great day!
My suggestion is to contact Disney in writing and if they say there is a way print out their response and bring it with you in case the case member you are working with doesn’t think you can.

This happened last year for our trip. I gave my son his vouchers to put on his MDE to make his Fast Passes, he then forgot to bring his vouchers down for the trip. There was no problem at all when we went to activate them. They just used his magic bands that the vouchers were attached to. We did this at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot since we were all staying at the Beach Club

This happened last year for our trip. I gave my son his vouchers to put on his MDE to make his Fast Passes, he then forgot to bring his vouchers down for the trip. There was no problem at all when we went to activate them. They just used his magic bands that the vouchers were attached to. We did this at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot since we were all staying at the Beach Club
Good to know as my son and his wife will be using military vouchers. They are linked to their bands and MDE. They know they need to bring them with, but stuff happens, so good to know the bands can take care of it.

You don't need the actual vouchers if you have already added them into MDE. You will just need military ID to activate.

We used them in August and we had to give the cast member the vouchers and my Military ID as well as everyone's magic bands. Hopefully the pictures will be enough. Good luck

I did this several years ago. I went to the base, bought the vouchers, and went immediately to MDE and linked each ticket so I would be able to make my FP. Fast forward to a week before the trip, I couldn't find the vouchers. Looked everywhere, had a major panic attack and didn't know what to do. My mom(bless her!) called central reservations and they told her that as long as they are linked to MDE, then all we needed was our magic bands and the military ID at the window. It all worked out fine, we went to the window, showed the bands and the id and everything was fine.

My niece and her husband forgot their Military Salute vouchers in July. They had linked them to MDE, so they just went to Guest Relations with all the people in our group with those tickets.

I did this several years ago. I went to the base, bought the vouchers, and went immediately to MDE and linked each ticket so I would be able to make my FP. Fast forward to a week before the trip, I couldn't find the vouchers. Looked everywhere, had a major panic attack and didn't know what to do. My mom(bless her!) called central reservations and they told her that as long as they are linked to MDE, then all we needed was our magic bands and the military ID at the window. It all worked out fine, we went to the window, showed the bands and the id and everything was fine.

Did the vouchers ever turn up?

You are fine. If they are linked to your MDE and you have your magic bands, just take them and your ID to any GR location and they'll activate them. I've been using the salute tickets for several years and have never needed to show the physical vouchers.

regards

Thanks so much everyone! We haven't found the actual vouchers - maybe they will turn up before the trip, but it sounds like we'll be ok even if they don't. Very much appreciate all of your help!

What do you mean by vouchers? We purchased the park hoppers and were sent regular park 'tickets' (the credit card kind) that I then linked to our magic bands. Do we still need to stop and have them activated?

What do you mean by vouchers? We purchased the park hoppers and were sent regular park 'tickets' (the credit card kind) that I then linked to our magic bands. Do we still need to stop and have them activated?

If you get the specific “salute” tickets from the base travel office, they give you a voucher. The voucher is like a flimsy raffle ticket kind of paper about the size of a credit card.

When you arrive at WDW, you can not go straight to the turnstile. You have to turn your voucher into a ticket at guest relations and then go in.

You can also buy regular tickets at the travel office for a discounted price and you would have your plastic ticket and just go straight to the gate.

If you get the specific “salute” tickets from the base travel office, they give you a voucher. The voucher is like a flimsy raffle ticket kind of paper about the size of a credit card.

When you arrive at WDW, you can not go straight to the turnstile. You have to turn your voucher into a ticket at guest relations and then go in.

You can also buy regular tickets at the travel office for a discounted price and you would have your plastic ticket and just go straight to the gate.
Thanks! We did pre-order the tickets from SOG. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding :-)

so if my nephew (in the military) bought our tickets but he isn't arriving until later in the day -- we can't go to the parks until he is with us??

another question - someone in our group said we could make 60 day fast passes with military salute tickets even though we're not staying on property - is that correct??
TIA

Last edited:
so if my nephew (in the military) bought our tickets but he isn't arriving until later in the day -- we can't go to the parks until he is with us??
TIA

Yes, he will need to show his ID to activate them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter