Lost children looking for CM badges

BrerMom

DIS Veteran
I posted a similar thread on the family board. So many of us tell our kids that if they get lost, look for a CM. "See, they are the ones with the nametag." Be aware that the Guest of Honor badges are the same size and shape. Emphasize with children old enough to understand that the CM badges have a white background.

I love my GoH badge dearly. So many adults ask me questions because they think I'm a CM, I know a child could confuse the CM badges with the GoH badges also.

I posted a response on the Family board but thought I'd do it here, too.

I have taught my child to go wait in a line, whether it be in a store, at a ride or at a cart. I told him once he got to the person at the cash register or taking the money or loading the ride, he could tell them he was lost. That way, it's guaranteed to be a cast member b/c who else would be taking your money or loading a ride!?! I have also trained him to look for white name badges as opposed to colored badges. And, I told him that many might have a gold "button" on them.

I hope that tip helps you out when telling a child who to go to. Oooh -- also forgot ... told him to go to anyone cleaning up around an area w/a broom and scooper in their hand. Cleaning staff can be helpful as well.

When you get to WDW, you can play "Who do you ask" when you're w/a child and point out where the people whom it's ok to ask/talk to are.

When you get to WDW, you can play "Who do you ask" when you're w/a child and point out where the people whom it's ok to ask/talk to are.

We do this anyplace we go where there are crowds. It's very effective! I also like the idea of going to somone on the clean up crew.

I have also told DD that at WDW, she should immediately go into a shop since there are so many of them there and it is much easier to find a CM. When she was littler, I worried that if she was wandering around outdoors looking for a CM with all the crowds, she could become very stressed and disoriented. Now that she is 9 and wears a watch, we have told her to stand absolutely still and not budge for 5 minutes before looking for help, since chances are, we'll immediately notice she is gone and we'll retrace our steps.

Such great ideas. I love the "Who do you ask?" game. I will definitely have to remember that for the future.

Also, point out to your kids different costumes in different places, since CMs won't usually be dressed like normal guests. And rest assured (at least a little bit) that there are a lot of CMs who always have their eyes peeled for anattached children and are ready to ask "Did your parents get lost" in an instant. I know I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter