Looks like the CS Dining Plan is going to happen!

Disney is doing what Disney does best - Theming! If they were going to rehab the rooms anyway, why not capitalize? I think they will be awesome! Might have to stay there myself? Can you order tuck in service from Capt. Jack? Did I just say that?:thumbsup2

Tuck in by Captain Jack?? :lovestruc I could deal with the tattered curtains and old chests in the room!

maybe they can come up with a "Captain Jack's Room" and make it one of the dreams you can win....... ;)

we won't ever be getting the DDE again until they remove the mandatory tip charge as a paying for the card, and only getting a 2% discount, with blackout dates isn't that great of a deal at all! I am hoping that the Deluxe DP doesn't go up in price - bring back the tip included!

Oh well, at least Disney is listening and fiddling with the plans - there's bound to be something for everyone, sooner or later!

Tiger :)

So are you saying you didi't tip if you used the DDE card before? Without the card I would be paying the full price plus a tip so don't know how you figure it is only a 2% discount unless you don't tip at all. People not tippiing is probably why the tip is now added. In most cases we just added the 20%
back in so now actually pay about 22% less than if we didn't have the card unless my math is skewed.

I too like the sound of the CS dining plan - not because we'd use it, but because maybe it will free up some of the TS places for those of us who don't do the dining plan!! :) Part of the fun for us is to book our villa, then start planning where we'd like to eat as time gets closer. But with the dining plan (esp. in Sept., with free dining as well), it becomes rather difficult.

The 2009 plans are already being offered on the Virgin Atlantic website with the following prices (based on today's conversion rate and rounding up/down to nearest dollar):

Quick Service Dining Plan
$36.00 Adults/$14.00 Children

Disney Dining Plan
$49.00 Adults/$18.00 Children

Deluxe Dining Plan
$81.00 Adults/$36.00 Children

As you can see, the prices are quite a bit higher than the 2008 rates on the existing plans...unfortuantely I couldn't find any additional info as to whether it is strictly a higher cost, or they may have possibly added some of the old features back in. :confused3

The 2009 plans are already being offered on the Virgin Atlantic website with the following prices (based on today's conversion rate and rounding up/down to nearest dollar):

Disney Dining Plan

Deluxe Dining Plan

As you can see, the prices are quite a bit higher than the 2008 rates on the existing plans...unfortuantely I couldn't find any additional info as to whether it is strictly a higher cost, or they may have possibly added some of the old features back in. :confused3

:scared1:

It will be interesting to see what's offered for those prices.:upsidedow

I am interested to see what they end up with. We used DDP for the first time this last trip. Technically, it was a good value. However, it isn't how we eat! We would rather try appetizers with our meals and less dessert. We are usually too full for dessert, and if we want something we split it. Next time, off the menu for us and we will just give a budget to each of the kids to manage.

Wow, those are some steep prices! If that's the price they're offering in the U.S., Disney can keep their dining plan! (I'm kinda hopin' they marked up the plans for non-U.S. visitors, with that great exchange rate they're getting and everything....)

My pirate obsessed DS would love to stay in a Pirates of the Carribean room!!!!!! Wow!!! I think we'll be booking a weekend room. :)

The cs dining plan is interesting...not something we would do as we like to eat TS once a day...but a nice alternative I can see many others enjoying.

Disney Dining Plan

Deluxe Dining Plan

Are you sure you used the right conversion? I saw a different list based off the Virigin Atlatic info and they were about $10 less each. Also, per a Dining CM on the Dining Forum, the quick service plan was under $30, basic plan under $40 and deluxe under $70. She could not give exact prices yet.

Here is the other thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1901588&page=3

IMO, even $30 per day for 2 CS meals is no bargain.

Are you sure you used the right conversion? I saw a different list based off the Virigin Atlatic info and they were about $10 less each. Also, per a Dining CM on the Dining Forum, the quick service plan was under $30, basic plan under $40 and deluxe under $70. She could not give exact prices yet.

Here is the other thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1901588&page=3

I used a currency conversion website. It would be great for us if it was an error -- but I'd be surprised with the way prices seems to be increasing on everything. I guess we'll just have to wait a few more days to find out for sure.

This is great news....I don't think I would use that one....but I love to have as many options as possible.:goodvibes
Kerri

The Counter Service Dining plan will be around $26-$28 US dollars.

We are calling this plan the Epcot Dining Plan.

CS-England/Fish-n-Chips
S-France Bakery
CS-Germany
S-Mexico/Norway

I don't ever use counter service, so this new plan holds no interest for me at all. In fact, with the most recent changes to the DDP and now this new one, I'll be happy using my DDE card and just end up going back to buying groceries for our lunches and snacks.

This may work out well as you can still purchase a ts for your 3rd meal.

Dh and I did all CS on our honeymoon. Either they didn't have the variety back then or we didn't find it. We were sick of theme park burgers by the end of the week.

We finally gave in and did a ts. That last meal at the Plaza with fresh milkshakes in front of the MK was heavenly!

(Hubby and I always go to the Plaza on vacation now, and try to make it our last meal, as to say remember when...)

Is $26 for 2 CS and 2 snacks really a bargain? I would think that an average CS meal was more like $10 pp and the snacks about $3 each. Maybe with a dessert the CS would come in at $12 pp, but I can't recall ever getting a CS dessert. This just seems like so much food.

Of course, we probably aren't the target market for this, as we bought DVC so we could use the kitchen for breakfast and sometimes for quick light dinners as well. And when we eat CS, my DH and I often split a meal. -- Suzanne

I think DH and I would really be able to get use out of this. We usually wing it, so TS is not something we typically do. We do CS mostly, just stopping whenever we're hungry. I hope this is for real and not another rumor! CS would work for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter