• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long waits for food?

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
We were there about a year and a half ago and getting food in the parks was a nightmare. There were extremely long waits at every quick service and table service. We kept having to leave the park to try and get meals without waiting an hour or so. We completely understood that this was due to Covid and staffing shortages - they were extreme times and we were expecting these kinds of things. But, has this smoothed out since then? Are waits for food back to pre-pandemic or has it shifted into a new normal?

I was at USO in May and only did quick service. I went to Burger Digs, Three Broomsticks and Bread Box in City Walk.

Burger Digs - did mobile order though my phone was having issues with the app so my friend had to order for me. Waited approximately 10 minutes. The line to order at the register was VERY long.
Three Broomsticks - absolutely no wait to order and receive my drinks. I did go in around 4:15-4:30 pm. If you go around peak meal times I would assume the wait will be longer.
Bread Box - did mobile order and waited about 30-35 minutes. The restaurant was understaffed and had an influx of mobile orders, so people ordering at the register were pretty much ignored until they cleared the mobile orders. This was around 6:30-7 pm.

There July and November 2021, June and July 2022 .... dining there is one of the biggest negatives. Mobile doesn't help much, snack lines don't move, limited table service ... we try to eat as little as possible in the parks and I can't get out of CityWalk fast enough.

I was there little over a week ago . We had no trouble getting into full service restaurants for meals.

We easily made a few reservations online for full service restaurants.
The rest were walk up requests for seating.

I do not typically do quick service, but they did not look bad.

Universal is busy with HHN going on now.

Reservations can be made on Universal Orlando website for full service restaurants in the Parks, CityWalk and the Resorts.

I have never mobile ordered before, during or after pandemic and have done ok.

Was there first week of August. Only did Burger Diggs for a quick service meal. Did mobile order and it took almost 40 minutes to get food then had to wait another 20 minutes in the Coke Freestyle line to get drinks. It was very crowded. No problems at any other restaurant.

We were their end of May with no issues. We did mobile order for quick service and got within 5 min - including Simpsons land.

We didn’t do many sit downs as not our thing this trip. We ate by pool at royal
Pacific when we wanted a sit down.

We got big fire reservation night before. That was our only true restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter