Long time DVC owners

we do a Loy of 3-4 night stays. We usually work in all 4 parks via park hopping. 1-2 night stays like before a cruise, we usually only hit Epcot

We are talking about not doing any parks for our next WDW vacation. We love hanging out at the resort, but don't do it very much when we spend so much on park tickets. So next time, no park tickets and just fun around the resorts and DS.

Our trips are usually 6-8 days and we usually hit all 4 parks each trip. We go once or twice a year, so we like to see any new stuff in each park. One of our trips is usually around the Christmas holiday, so we like to see each park's decorations. What has changed is that we don't HAVE to do all of the rides at each park. We make sure we get on our favorites and anything after that is a bonus.

We hit and run the parks go for our favourites then go do something else

Partly because at the moment we have to go in July when it’s hot. Later when October works for us personally we hope we will manage more park time again

We are going this year and staying 2 nights on the way to Vero beach. No park tickets just restaurant reservations

What we do concerning the parks is, no matter the length of the trip we do; go to the parks for 2 days, take a day off, go to the parks for 2 days, take a day off, etc.
This way we do not need a vacation from our vacation when we get home.
That being said we have done 14 days of Disney and never set foot in the parks.

In our first few years of DVC, I kept telling my kids (& myself!) that we’re coming back… soon! There’s no need to kill ourselves & do everything on every trip!! But we couldn’t be stopped! We were too excited 🤩😆

Adding insult to injury, in the beginning we didn’t have many points & our trips were much shorter (3-5 nights). Now, our trips get to be longer (a week minimum), and we’re finally able to enjoy Disney more. ☺️ We still run the parks for sure (with kids- or my sister 🤣), but we have some downtime every day. And when it’s just my hubby & I, the parks are more of a bonus than the driver… enter when we want, meander awhile, grab some snacks or a meal, watch some fireworks, only ride our favorites, etc.

We go three to four times in a 12 month period. Parks have taken a back seat for us, unless we are with the grandkids. Last time it was just my husband and I we didn't do any parks(5 days). GREAT TRIP. The resorts and bars and restaurants and pool are quite enough.

Last week we were there with the little ones. We did 4 parks in two days. I could have skipped DHS, but went in because my daughter and son-in-law wanted to. Ticket prices are outrageous, so unless we are with the little ones, we'll pull back. Maybe a one day hopper, maybe. Not really into the running and the crowds and the lines after doing it for so many years.

We would also consider renting a car and driving out and about to do other non-Disney things. I'm actually looking forward to those kind of trips. Membership has many many many options. ENJOY!

Dee

How often do you try to get to all 4 parks on your trips?

One of the thoughts I have about ownership and taking at least an annual trip is that we will not have to try to squeeze all 4 parks into each trip and can plan very different stays and resort selection based on that.

Have you found that happening?
When we had APs we would go do four park days on an 8 day trip. Usually one park at rope drop and one in the evening and would hand at the pool during the peak heat and crowds. Without an AP we are intending to focus on Universal and their AP. We have gone to the Disney parks sooooo many times that we don’t values our time in them at the same rate that Disney is charging currently. DVC without APs kinda blows and is very expensive…

Last long trip was 6 days we did 3 parks. Most recent have been 3 or 4 days with one park only. AK is consistent side of won't go. For us it boils down to the lack of AP's. When and if they come back will determine all 4+ on each trip. Comes down to the economics for us that will decide where we go. Side note those shorter trips have been centered on attending EP festival. Had it not been wanting to do FW and FoA we probably would have done MK one time instead. Next short trip is looking like rope drop HS or MK and finish in EP in the afternoon.

Until this year, we went twice a year and always hit all 4 parks. But each trip was a week.

Most trips are 6 nights, do all 4 parks. I’m doing a 3 night next month for TRon preview, will skip AK.

We are talking about not doing any parks for our next WDW vacation. We love hanging out at the resort, but don't do it very much when we spend so much on park tickets. So next time, no park tickets and just fun around the resorts and DS.
since we visit multiple times per year, if we didn’t have APs rolling, would likely visit just two days per trip, if that

often skip AK entirely, or just spend a pool day then hit up Yak & Yeti, the safari at dusk (if possible) and Nemo (if we get there early enough). as others have stated, when extended family is along, we find ourselves commando’ing

when he & me & it’s warm enough, always tended to hit the pool when it opened in order to have quiet time before the kiddos returned from the parks.:cloud9:. Then, grab our main meal/lunch offsite and close out the parks.

I have absolutely noticed an increased number of people poolside early on at the resorts now. My theory is the facilities are becoming over-strained by the number of guests (DVC) without tickets doing a resort only sort of visit.

We go a lot for quick trips, 2-3 days. Even then we usually do all 4, because APs are hoppers. Sometimes we skip HS or AK.

Our last three seven-night trips we’ve done “mostly resort” trips. Like three half park days. We like the late MK and Epcot days, and will go around 5pm and stay to late close, so the two mornings after are unplanned. There’s four days right there. Then maybe HS or AK. Maybe.

I go twice a year for 10 nights each. I usually hit all the parks, though usually only 1 day at AK. That will change a little on my upcoming May trip since I am stay at AKL (Jambo Club Level), so I will do several AK visits since it is next door.

We go 7 nights USUALLY. On those trips, we generally do MK(x1), AK(x1), Epcot(x2), HS(x2), and 1 resort day.

We travel from the west coast, so we typically go for 1-2 weeks. We always visit all 4 parks but not all day. We love Epcot and will usually spend the most time there.

We travel from the west coast, so we typically go for 1-2 weeks. We always visit all 4 parks but not all day. We love Epcot and will usually spend the most time there.
I live in Toronto so trips are usually 1 year apart. My trips are usually 10 days to 2 weeks and I do all the parks. I also spend most of my time in Epcot, several days, and almost every evening. You can't beat it for dining.

We usually stay about 10 days with each stay, and yes, we do go to all 4 parks. To your point, however, our favorite home is BWV for fast access to our favorite Epcot and HS. You can say to yourself, well...this trip I'll only do the 1 or 2 parks close to my resort and I'll tell you frankly that you always wind up trying to hit the other 2 during the stay 😅

How often do you try to get to all 4 parks on your trips?

One of the thoughts I have about ownership and taking at least an annual trip is that we will not have to try to squeeze all 4 parks into each trip and can plan very different stays and resort selection based on that.

Have you found that happening?

We've owned for twenty years plus now. We only ever went every other year - when we were doing WDW - and we'd still do all the parks in every trip, get up early, etc. and never take a day to just sit. That is, I think, somewhat unusual for people on this board, but for me there are "do" vacations and "sit" vacations. If I want a sit vacation, it isn't going to be sitting by Disney's pools - its going to be beach or mountains. There are always old favorites in each park to visit (even if I never really need to do some attractions ever again), and often something new or redone that we want to check out - if not in every park, then in most of them.

Now we use our points for HHI in the Winter. That's a sit vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter