Long Stay

Rupsend

Earning My Ears
I just need a break. I'm going to be looking for one or two rooms at a deluxe resort in late January through mid February. I'd like to settle in for anywhere from 10 days to a week. I've had luck with very good deals through AmEX at the Waldorf, but would prefer to be on property. A two bedroom suite at Saratoga or other DVC would be OK.

If I just call Disney to make a reservation, I rarely get a good offer. This is a quieter time, and someone staying for a while should be desirable.

Have annual pass and Disney Dining. Any thoughts on luxury at a discount?

I would try one of the DVC rental point sites. For that long of a stay you might be able to make a great deal.

Define a "good" offer?

I randomly searched 2/4-2/11 at GF and there was a 25% AP discount for a standard room, outer building. I'd be happy with that discount three weeks out.

You can get AP discounts at this late date but you have to be very flexible with your dates and resorts. Almost like fitting a circle in a square, but with any luck you can probably find something.

Just remember the majority of Disney guests made their plans months and months ago. While you are a ready and willing buyer, at this late date you're dealing with relatively full resorts.

Give Disney's website a workout!

I would try one of the DVC rental point sites. For that long of a stay you might be able to make a great deal.

I've always made reservations through Disney, or at the Waldorf. I'm not sure what the "points sites' are. Could you please provide a link or an example? Thanks.

Define a "good" offer?

I randomly searched 2/4-2/11 at GF and there was a 25% AP discount for a standard room, outer building. I'd be happy with that discount three weeks out.

You can get AP discounts at this late date but you have to be very flexible with your dates and resorts. Almost like fitting a circle in a square, but with any luck you can probably find something.

Just remember the majority of Disney guests made their plans months and months ago. While you are a ready and willing buyer, at this late date you're dealing with relatively full resorts.

Give Disney's website a workout!

I shall do so. As a general rule, empty hotel rooms aren't worth a thing to the owner. At other hotels, where there are a number of vacancies at late dates, the prices tend to go down not up. Are there never last minute deals at the Deluxe resorts?

Correct Disney does not function like other hotels. I have never seen reports of a discount at a late date because rooms are empty. On the contrary, discounts sell to capacity and last minute folks pay non-discounted rack rate.
DVC point rentals are generally booked 11 - 7 months in advance. Finding anything at this late date for a long stay is highly unlikely.
David's rentals at www.dvcbyrequest.com is one rental broker.
Good Luck

should be able to book Saratoga Springs or Old Key West at this point. Went to check but the site is down....again

Look up the Timeshare Store, I've rented my points thru them in the past. They rent and sell DVC points at all the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter