Long Post Warning - I don't know where else to go...

:grouphug:
You have gotten great, great advice.

I know that feeling when your pants are too tight and all you want is that elastic waste band. It will feel amazing when you fit in your pants!

I agree with so much of what everyone has said. However, maybe if you start off slow it would be easier. I would suggest first to overcome the Mountain Dew addiction! It has so much sugar in it. I bet that if you try a week without MD you will already see pounds coming off. Once you see the pounds coming off you can try a second week. Then, add in some excersize. I find that when I make one step the rest follow.

(If you are actually REALLY addicted to MD try to have 1/4 glass MD and the 3/4 water. That would help a lot!)

Also, here is something I have learnt this year: Just because you make one bad decision eating/exerc. wise...TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY! Everyone messes up! EVen when you said you were 180 and now have gained weight-TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY! You can still start fresh! It is so frustrating sometimes when you are trying to lose and then you gain but I keep reminding myself to keep on going and it will all make a difference in the end.

I love chips. Yum, yum. Some may say to give a cheat day or cut them out completly. NO WAY BABY! What I do is buy smaller bags and if I am craving them I will eat a bag or 1/2 a bag. They normally don't taste as good as I expected.

I find with fast food that after you have been eating healthy, your body does NOT agree w/ fast food so much. I don't mind the taste of some of it but my stomach hurts SOOOOO bad if I haven't had it in a long time.

Good luck and remember to do small steps/small goals first. :thumbsup2:hug:

PS: I wanted to add that you should find a workout you like. For a few years I was ALLLL about walking and pilates. This year I enjoy some of Jillian Michaels workouts,Biggest loser, ballet workouts. However, I also want to try Zumba, spin class. There are countless options! I have done ballet workout, hula workout etc. Maybe go on amazon and read some reviews to see what piques your interest! Maybe you'd like to get out and workout...badminton, tennis etc. I hope you find something you like!

I don't know you but I'm proud of you. :goodvibes I think soda was made by the devil, lol. It's so bad for us and so hard to give up. You're doing great! A solid plan is important for success, keep with it. :cheer2:

Thank you so much! I am trying really hard to eliminate the Dew without feeling like I'm having it taken away. If that makes sense. I know that if I tell myself I can't have it at all that I will have a 20 oz in my hand before the day is over. I still have not restocked any at the house and have only had a couple of sips here and there and when I do I keep thinking to myself, "Mr. Dew you will not overtake me" and then I put it down quickly. :lmao:

Have a great day everyone!!!

I am so impressed with you!
I think its time I committ to reducing my coke zero habit. I knows its not good for me and so its time to cut it back.

I love your comment: "Mr. Dew you will not overtake me" :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I am trying really hard to eliminate the Dew without feeling like I'm having it taken away. If that makes sense. I know that if I tell myself I can't have it at all that I will have a 20 oz in my hand before the day is over. I still have not restocked any at the house and have only had a couple of sips here and there and when I do I keep thinking to myself, "Mr. Dew you will not overtake me" and then I put it down quickly. :lmao:

Have a great day everyone!!!

I'm sure you will be successful in overcoming Mr. Dew, lol. Keep up the good work.

If I have one small soda a week, I'm fine. I don't feel like I'm completely deprived and miserable, and I'm fine all of the other days when I drink water with fresh squeezed lemon all day long.

I can't believe that I am typing this, but two days ago my barn caught fire. We lost 23 show goats, the barn is a complete loss and countless other items in that fire. With that said, in the last 36 plus hours I have found amazing friends with endless support. :sad1:

We have had such an outpour of support from our closest friends and family, to people that merely drive past and have seen us working with our goats, to people that have called/e-mailed that we don't even know. What seemed like a total loss, now is starting to have a new outlook and hope.

I have two kids ages 7 and 11, who lost their show animals for the upcoming year. The very first pet goat we purchased, Pongo. My 11 yo dd can name off every single one of them lost and tell you everything about them.

First, I thank God that none of us were hurt.

Second, I thank God that it wasn't our home.

and my new one for today...

Third, I thank God for my friends. :grouphug:

Local 4H groups are stepping up to help my kids get back some of what they lost. It is amazing.

We started yesterday thinking we were going to have to go buy feed, hay, buckets and items just to make it through the day; however, I only went two places yesterday to work and DQ to pickup food for everyone and we had more than enough brought to us to survive for awhile.:hug:

Anyway, I wanted to post and let you guys know that I am still here. My eating yesterday consisted of a hash brown for breakfast, a chicken leg on the run mid-day and nibbles on a dinner a neighbor brought over. Oh and a brownie my mom brought me that I ate standing outside watching the demo crew. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

I will post more when I get time and I will come back to this, but right now I need to focus on healing and moving on.

Hugs, Karen

ps if you are interested my dh interviewed with Lexington KY channel 18 and my db said it is on the internet somewhere.

Oh my gosh!:hug:I just don't know what to say. Hang in there.

I'm so sorry for your loss!! What a blessing to have so many step up and make themselves known to you to be a source of help in your troubles.

Wow, that is terrible. As bad as it was I'm glad no one in the family was hurt. I'm also glad you have people to step up and help you out.

Don't let this sabotage you. You seem to be doing so well on your new lifestyle I would hate this to be a trigger for you. I know it seems hard and it is easy to revert to old habits when something like this happens but remember there are some things you just can't control (the fire) but there are things you are in full control of (your reaction to it).

Keep us filled in, we're all pulling for you.

:grouphug: what a difficult thing for you and your family!

That's great that you have gotten so much support!

Karen, hugs to you and family during this time. Hugs to your friends too for being there to help you through. Hugs to the strangers that are also supporting you through your difficult time.

I'm glad you are trying to remain focused on getting yourself on track even during a major difficult time as this. Take it one thing at a time, breathe and try to make positive steps.

Karen!!! MEGA:grouphug:'s!!!!!!

So wonderful to hear you community pulling around you...this too shall pass but it won't be comfortable walking through it!! My greatest fear is our barn burning down...I keep my horses out 24/7 but you know if a fire starts they'd probably run right into it!! :grouphug: Praying for you!!

You may not be ready to hear what I'm about to say (focusing on ourselves when stress is all around is TOUGH to do!) but just wanted to say YOU HAVE A TWIN!!! ME!!!! Well, okay I'm 4 inches taller than you, but could have written the same book.

spent 10 years between 130-150...then kids came (3 in 4 years!) My youngest is now 10 and can't use baby fat as excuse anymore! :) I got up to 235 8 years ago, lost down to 174 3 years ago, and guess what, I tipped the scales at 265 this past November!!! Sure I have excuses, ruined back from 5 car pile up I was in during college, juggling many plates running a farm, homeschooling, leading scouting troops, junior speech group, had 2 house payments for 31 months..it just piled on as they say...

But December 26th I had HAD ENOUGH!!! (uh, for the 15th time) but this time something stuck....I just said this is the year that I will get it ALL off no matter how long it takes, I will walk 4 miles EVERYDAY until I get into the 150's...well, I was overzealous, but I have managed to walk EVERYDAY except one (the day our house closed) 5 days a week I walk 4 miles and 2 days I walk 2 miles...so I am working out everyday...I had an addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper, I've not had one in 3 days and that is HUGE! So CONGRATS on not buying a pack of Mountain Dews. One tip that might help on that end is go ahead and buy a 12 pack of Mountain Dews..but commit to yourself that it's the LAST 12 pack you'll EVER BUY!!! Then think twice about when you really need that can....you may find that last can lasts 12 months! :)

Sure I screw up on meals, I've had combo meals in the past 4 weeks (probably 4 of them, but typically honestly it would have been more like 12 normally...always on the go)...but I give myself the mental attitude that I try to allow myself 1-2 days off diet..(my diet is just no sugar anything, veggies/fruits, salads, eggs, bacon, no white bread anything and eat almonds/whole wheat crackers/berries as my in between meal snacks) so if we have pizza out one night, I don't eat 4 slices, I'll stick to two and drink water with it but I don't kick myself for having it.

We can do this!!! Try your best to add in a few veggies each week that you normally don't....I make a mixed salad of spinach/leafy lettuces/carrots/purple onions/olives/raisins and sunflower seeds, I eat this salad at least 6x a week for meals...it really is filling! I am also just starting out trying "Juice Plus" it's a concentrated pill that has 17 fruits and veggies dehydrated, it's designed for people who can't fit in those veggies but you get the nutritive value...if you commit to working out 30 minutes 5 days a week they will enroll you in a fitness program and at the end of 90 days on the juice plus they will give you free product, it runs about $40 a month...that's less than I pay for our family multivitamin, most I know who have tried it says their energy level rocketed..I'll try anything and be honest whether it works or not, but for you who doesn't like veggies/fruits, this might help your body be healthier and you might crave less of the junk we all love!!

It's hard for me to check in often here, but if you ever need a boost, pm me and we can commiserate...but just start by getting a daily exercise in that you can keep up...you can do it!! Do it for your kids if it's hard to do something for yourself!

I plan on being 150 by December that's 115 pounds off in 12 months!! But it's the LAST TIME I'll have to do it!! :)

You just hold tight to that CAN DO attitude and when you feel low, come here!!

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter