Long Long...Over 15 hour drive to Disneyland

Hey everyone!

We are in El Paso and making the drive to San Diego/ Disneyland this summer!!! Not only is it our first time in Disneyland its our first time on the west coast!!

Since we are in El Paso I keep hearing it will only be about 12 hours? I sure hope that is right!! I keep forgetting just how big Texas, we are doing Disneyworld next march and we might make that drive... getting through Texas alone will be one day of driving if not two!!

Hey everyone!

We are in El Paso and making the drive to San Diego/ Disneyland this summer!!! Not only is it our first time in Disneyland its our first time on the west coast!!

Since we are in El Paso I keep hearing it will only be about 12 hours? I sure hope that is right!! I keep forgetting just how big Texas, we are doing Disneyworld next march and we might make that drive... getting through Texas alone will be one day of driving if not two!!

That sounds right to me. Our first leg of the trip, we driving from the Fort Worth area to Amarillo, 6 and a half hours. We won't even be out of Texas until Day 2!

I just put the bug in my husband's ear last night about taking a road trip next summer to Southern California. We are from Houston, so it will be a good 25 hours drive for us :scared:. My dd and I have been to Disney World a few times (drove once) but my husband and his kids have never experienced the Disney magic. None of us have ever been to California and I know that it would be a great place for the age range of our kids (12 to 22 next summer). Anyway, I would love to hear about the long road trip experience and any fun places you found along the way.

I'm in Tucson so not as long of a trip as most of you but we drove to DL 5 times in the last year and a half. We do the I-8 thru Yuma to San DIego and then up the I-5. It's a quieter route for us. I-10 gets a huge amount of traffic and large semis. Not as much on I-8. Then we get a more scenic trip from SD to DL some of it close to the coast so you can see the water.

As for the border violence we've never seen any or had any trouble in all of our trips and our route takes us right along the border (near Yuma into Cali). I'm not sure about the violence in New Mexico or Texas though.

Being within 7 hours of DL is nice but I still wish it was closer. We usually stop once in Yuma for gas and lunch and the occasional quick potty break and that is it. We want to get there as fast as we can. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter