long lines at Aulani checkin/out

DVC Doctor

Member since 2001
DVC Gold
When I checked out of Aulani on May 2nd, the afternoon line to check-in was INSANELY LONG. I went from the lobby, wrapped around a few short loops, and then down the hall to the elevators. I would estimate at least 100 people were in line. This would make me LIVID if I had to wait in this line.

On the other hand, when we checked in a week before around 5pm, there was no line.

I think it may have something to do with the verification for EVERY person in the room to check their Hawaii vaccine ID status.

Either way, they should have setup a staging area to verify first and then checkin second.

It may also have to do with the the fact that May 2nd was a Sunday and with so many locals staying for weekends I imagine that Sunday is a very busy check-out day.

Do they check the QR code for all visitors or those that have a pre-clear bracelet from the airlines get a pass. I would hope they may look to speed-up the process for pre-approved travelers who already did online checkin, but understand if that is still hard to implement at resorts.

Do they check the QR code for all visitors or those that have a pre-clear bracelet from the airlines get a pass. I would hope they may look to speed-up the process for pre-approved travelers who already did online checkin, but understand if that is still hard to implement at resorts.

You literally have to log into the Hawaii verification check app with each person staying on property to show them the green check at the front desk. For me, that meant logging in an out 4 times and having to have the people with you. Imaging if you had a group of 8 or 10 people, they all need to be present and the process is SLOW.

When we checked in last Friday, we were told that they can’t scan the QR code, and the information being checked is the quarantine status and not simply if you are exempt.

While we stayed at the Ko Olina Marriott, we had to show our QR Code even though we had a wrist band. It would be too easy for people to get wrist bands between the airport and the resort so they said they had to go the official QR route.

Marriott had employees walking down the line and checking the codes as well as doing typical license plate paperwork. Despite several people in line, because they were doing this the line moved very quickly. I wish Aulani did this for you guys!

Do you need the vaccine to go to Aulani/ Hawaii??
Or jus the negative covid test?
Tha ks
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter