• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Loews Sapphire Falls Resort - Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
You assume what you like, and I'll assume what I like. If you connect the hotel to a deluxe and provide it with a water taxi in common with a deluxe, my assumption is it is a deluxe. You don't usually let those two worlds intermingle casually in the hotel business as it tends to drive the deluxe clientele away.

I think the covered walkway is from the back of the new hotel across the road to the convention centre, not to the actual Royal Pacific Hotel.

You assume what you like, and I'll assume what I like. If you connect the hotel to a deluxe and provide it with a water taxi in common with a deluxe, my assumption is it is a deluxe. You don't usually let those two worlds intermingle casually in the hotel business as it tends to drive the deluxe clientele away.
Description on Universal's website says shuttle bus to parks- no mention of water taxi.

Benefits on Universal's website for Sapphire Falls:
Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required) Complimentary shuttle buses and walking paths to both Universal Orlando® theme parks and Universal CityWalk® And More!

Benefits on Universal's website for Sapphire Falls:
Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required) Complimentary shuttle buses and walking paths to both Universal Orlando® theme parks and Universal CityWalk® And More!

lol, I see that and right above that description you can see the water taxis in the artwork. I guess the "and more" can include the water taxis.

If you look at the Loews website linked, it does say water taxis.

I think the covered walkway is from the back of the new hotel across the road to the convention centre, not to the actual Royal Pacific Hotel.

The most compelling reason to believe it will be a deluxe is that Loews branded it, something that they withheld from CBBR.

Maybe they are going moderate for this and value for CB.

Love the EXPRESS PASS!:thumbsup2:cheer2:

Was HOPING that this would be a "deluxe" so that express pass privileges would be included! ONLY EARLY ENTRY it seems!:sad1: Looks like it will be VERY NICE though; but not willing to give up the express pass!:) Every time we went, we were able to stay at either RP or Portofino and the express pass was fab!:cheer2:

Hmm, where have I seen a Caribbean inspired resort before? :P

It looks nice though! They're going to have the same problem as Disney if they keep adding on hotels but not park space however.

Hmm, where have I seen a Caribbean inspired resort before? :P

It looks nice though! They're going to have the same problem as Disney if they keep adding on hotels but not park space however.

Long range plans are rumoured to include a water park and a 3rd gate. There is still space in each existing park for new rides as well.

we just returned from RPR and we were told the new resort would be a deluxe. You could see the bridge being built when you walked or boated to the park from RPR and it does cross over to the resort. I was actually hoping they were building a bridge that would have quicker access to the parks.

We are loyal RPR guests but the concept art for the new resort looks beautiful! We might have to stay there!

A deluxe, then how would there be no express pass? A big boo on that, that's disappointing. One of the main reasons we stay onsite is for the express pass. Looks to be absolutely beautiful tho. :thumbsup2 Can you buy an express pass? Maybe get discount on one for staying? It's exciting and I'm hopeful of an express pass, the description definitely makes it sound to be a deluxe.

A deluxe, then how would there be no express pass? A big boo on that, that's disappointing. One of the main reasons we stay onsite is for the express pass. Looks to be absolutely beautiful tho. :thumbsup2 Can you buy an express pass? Maybe get discount on one for staying? It's exciting and I'm hopeful of an express pass, the description definitely makes it sound to be a deluxe.[/QUOTE

There was a thread somewhere that they are limiting the express pass to the three hotels.:worried: Think it will probably be VERY NICE, but the feature I love about staying on site is express pass!:):thumbsup2

That's a good thought...maybe buying an express pass? I think though that buying an express pass for on site hotels is not EXACTLY the same as the one given for the Portofino, RP, and HR! I think if you BUY an express pass that there are SOME LIMITATIONS! Maybe "better than nothing" though?:confused3

Anyone have any details on having an EXPRESS PASS from the 3 onsite hotels versus purchasing one if staying at a non on site hotel?? Curious???:confused3
Thanks in advance!:)

we just returned from RPR and we were told the new resort would be a deluxe. You could see the bridge being built when you walked or boated to the park from RPR and it does cross over to the resort. I was actually hoping they were building a bridge that would have quicker access to the parks.

We are loyal RPR guests but the concept art for the new resort looks beautiful! We might have to stay there!

We just returned and were told it would be a moderate without express pass, lol.

We just returned and were told it would be a moderate without express pass, lol.

That is the same thing one of the RPR managers told me when I was leaving the hotel back on the 16 th.

A step up from the Cbay value but step below the 3 onsite deluxes.

Portofino told us in Nov that it is to be a 5 star and they are only a 4 so she said it should be amazing lol I was thinking it would be a moderate too.

The official website only mentions Early Entry - no Express Pass.

My guess would be a step down from Deluxe, but I can see the case being made by their Marketing department that it makes sense to have a budget (CBBR) and Deluxe hotel that don't have the EP benefits.

If their focus is to just pull some of the off-site vacationers from International Drive - and put them in a location that makes CityWalk the most convenient location for food & entertainment - this would give them a budget-conscious and a deluxe option to appeal to the widest range of vacationers. It may also be a better option for conventions that have no desire to incorporate the amusement parks into their plans.

Personally, I'm glad they aren't increasing the burden on the EP system. If the hotel turns out to be better than the 3 EP Deluxe hotels and I want to stay, I'll just factor in the cost of separately purchased EP's when making the choice.

If you look at the page on hotel amenities on the UO website, the description for CBBR and PF are exactly the same. This leads me to think that CBBR and SF will be in the same general category.

I think SF might cost more if the rooms are larger than CBBR. I think UO is building two resorts with similar amenities & styles right next to each other - one with Unlimited Express Passes, and one without. That way, they can appeal to convention-goers who want UEP and those who don't, without really changing anything else.

If they want to get really creative, they could probably book them into both facilities and offer UEP for the whole group at a discounted rate - discounted RPR rooms w/ no UEP, or add in UEP for a reduced rate for those in SF. This way, EUPs are a perk they can sell rather than something "built in" to the facility itself.

On the Orlando United thread they are talking about a new survey out right now that lists Cabana Bay as "standard", Sapphire Falls as "select" and the other three as "deluxe". The standard and select do not have express passes and the only difference between CBBR and SF is that SF has the water taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter