Loews pool slides height requirement

MC0810

DIS Veteran
Trying to plan our trip for may ...our boys are 5 and 7. (45 and 54inches). What are the minimum height requirements for the slides a hard rock, cabana bay and portofino? I'm trying to decide if we should spend all of our time at hard rock or portofino or do a split stay and stay one night at cabana bay for their pool area (only staying 3 nights ..we are APH). I was thinking of coming back in the summer but do not see APH rates for any other hotels.

Between hard rock and portofino..is there one better for the kids? Is there only 1 slide at each? (They live water slides)

I'd have to pull up the UO website to see what they list for any restrictions for littles using the slides

All 3 deluxe have pool activities during the day

We did the Hard Rock pool in 2012 and my petite 6 year old was tall enough. I don't remember how tall she was, just that she made it. She was barely tall enough though.

Keep in mind that pool hopping is allowed. We did the HRH pool when we were staying at RPR.

I think the height requirement on the slide at Portofino Bay was 36". Either way I saw some kids who looked like they were preschool age going on the slides. Portofino Bay has three pools, one of which is adults-only. The beach pool is zero entry, which has sand. It can be kind of annoying but they have a foot spray thing as you leave the pool. The only slide at the hotel is located there, and it seems small in comparison to the one at the Hard Rock.

The Hard Rock pool is much larger than both of the pools at Portofino Bay. The slide there is also larger at 260 feet long. The pool there is also a beach pool, and there is a splash pad area as well. The Hard Rock Hotel pool is more fun in my opinion, and it seems like your children would enjoy it more than the Portofino Bay pools. Both pools only have one waterslide, but you can pool hop.

Portofino Bay has three pools, one of which is adults-only.

I don't think there's an adults-only pool at Portofino...we have been to all 3; Villa, Beach, and Hillside, with our son, and he has been welcomed. I have seen no signage about it, either.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews-Portofino-Bay-Hotel/Recreation/Pools.aspx

Hillside is mentioned as private and quiet, but that's just b/c no one knows where it is and doesn't go there. And it's tiny.

I don't think there's an adults-only pool at Portofino...we have been to all 3; Villa, Beach, and Hillside, with our son, and he has been welcomed. I have seen no signage about it, either.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews-Portofino-Bay-Hotel/Recreation/Pools.aspx

Hillside is mentioned as private and quiet, but that's just b/c no one knows where it is and doesn't go there. And it's tiny.
agree...None of them are adult only..The villas and hillside pools are just quiet..No restriction on kids

Yeah that's what I was trying to get across, you said it better though :goodvibes. I personally didn't even know it existed. The pictures made it look like a very "basic" hotel pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter