• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Loews 'Government' Rate

Bren's Mom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know the requirements for this? And is it ever better than the AAA rate?

I am a government employee (not federal) and some hotels let me have their gvmn't rate with my ID or a paycheck at check-in, others allow only federal employees, or only military...it totally depends.

I was just wondering. Thanks for any info!

I just called and booked last week and asked about a government rate and she said no we don't.

I just called and booked last week and asked about a government rate and she said no we don't.

Hmmm...they said they didn't HAVE a government rate? Odd. I just saw this on the website today. I was on the actual Loews Hotels site. And in the reservation box there's a drop down option for government. Very curious. :confused3

as a general rule, the government rate for MOST hotels etc, is for those that are on official travel. I have, over the years, had the rate extended to me when on vacation, but that was rare. Most of the hotels in a known "tourist" area usually require you to be on official travel. (had a confrence in Orlando one year!)

Also, the government rate is usually keyed to the offical government per diem rates for the geographical and can go up. Some hotels require a government form (for tax exempt) and some do not honor that (a real pain will filling out the travel voucher)

I have found that AAA rates are sometimes lower.

Good luck!

For many years Loews has offered a military rate for their hotels. You do not have to be on official business. It is good for leisure.

military rate and government rate could be two different discount programs.

when you go to the main loews site, not all promos or programs are available at all sites.

like the pp stated, orlando is a tourist town and they have less discount/promos than the other loews hotels.

For many years Loews has offered a military rate for their hotels. You do not have to be on official business. It is good for leisure.

Military rates and government rates are sometimes different. And most hotel now offer the military rate to active duty personnel and their dependents no matter their travel status (offical or vacation).

The government rate can vary and some places choose to not offer it unless you are on offical business.

most of the hotels have an on-line booking system, and as an example, if you use the Hilton "family" of hotels, you can check the government/military check box while makeing a reservation, and it will show those rates, along with the regular room rates.

Good info, thanks! I'm guessing that for leisure travel the government rate wouldn't be available to me for our RPR stay. But if next time I call I'll ask anyway...you never know! LOL

Good info, thanks! I'm guessing that for leisure travel the government rate wouldn't be available to me for our RPR stay. But if next time I call I'll ask anyway...you never know! LOL

Like I tell people, the worst that they can do is say no!

have a fun vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter