lodging for family of 7 adults and 5 children

airman1949

Earning My Ears
we have stay at the moderates and would like to stay together or very close. but can not afford to break the bank.

Well, the only way you can all stay together is in a grand villa, and I'm afraid that would qualify as breaking the bank.

In a moderate, you'd be looking at 3 rooms.

Or, two family suites at ASMu or AoA.

Or, two cabins at Fort Wilderness.

Definitely look into offsite homes. I think you would all be more comfortable with more space.

On a budget and with that many people I would agree with renting a vacation home with a pool. You will have more space overall, a place to cook quick meals, more bathrooms for getting ready, and a private pool.

I would stay onsite.

With that many people, it will be hard to get everyone on the same schedule-- who wants to sleep in, who wants to head back for a swim, who wants to call it a night.

Disney transportation makes that a piece of cake. Staying off site with a rental car, or several rental cars, makes it much trickier.

I would choose my favorite mod, and request rooms in the same section.

Look into renting DVC points from an outside service... You can get a grand villa, or a couple of 1 or 2 bedrooms, for a whole lot cheaper than booking through Disney. In most cases, renting points compares to pricing of Moderate Resorts. Check it out, before choosing offsite lodging. I agree with previous poster, it would be much easier to stay on site, to get back and forth during the day, for naps, food,or pools breaks.

Look into renting DVC points from an outside service... You can get a grand villa, or a couple of 1 or 2 bedrooms, for a whole lot cheaper than booking through Disney. In most cases, renting points compares to pricing of Moderate Resorts. Check it out, before choosing offsite lodging. I agree with previous poster, it would be much easier to stay on site, to get back and forth during the day, for naps, food,or pools breaks.

That's a good suggestion, but just to clarify, renting points for a studio can compare to the cost of a moderate. One, two and three bedroom villas are much more expensive. Still cheaper than booking those same villas through Disney, but probably starting at double the cost of a moderate room for a 1-bedroom. At least.

I would stay onsite.

With that many people, it will be hard to get everyone on the same schedule-- who wants to sleep in, who wants to head back for a swim, who wants to call it a night.

Disney transportation makes that a piece of cake. Staying off site with a rental car, or several rental cars, makes it much trickier.

I would choose my favorite mod, and request rooms in the same section.

This!

I would do a few rooms at a moderate. I would need my space so my immediate family unit would have their own room. I like to run on my own schedule.

That's a good suggestion, but just to clarify, renting points for a studio can compare to the cost of a moderate. One, two and three bedroom villas are much more expensive. Still cheaper than booking those same villas through Disney, but probably starting at double the cost of a moderate room for a 1-bedroom. At least.
Beyond that, renting a GV can be pretty difficult for several reasons including inventory and availability of points, since several days in a GV takes a nice chunk of points.

I would recommend they compare the cost of the total number of moderate rooms needed (sounds like they may need three rooms total) to the cost of renting points for a villa large enough to accommodate their party. That's the only way to really know which option is the lesser cost. I personally wouldn't compare the cost of a one bedroom to a moderate room, because they both may only hold a third of the total occupants - so the one bedroom villa doesn't gain you any real advantage over the moderate room (since they would have to book three of them). I would also compare the cost of three moderates to the cost of two family suites at AoA and All Star resorts, as well as two of the cabins at FW. Each of the suites would have two bathrooms, so with two suites there would be four bathrooms to help getting people ready. The cabins have one bedroom each, but depending on which loop you are in you may be close to the comfort stations the campers use, which you can utilize as additional bathroom facilities.

If you are open to staying off property, a rental home would be the way to go, but only you know whether the advantage of the on property location makes it worth spending a little more money.

My family has often traveled as a party of 6-7 and we usually do three deluxe rooms and then just request to be near each other. If you watch for specials on packages and/or room only you could very well get three rooms for a decent price, just depending on what your budget is.

How many do the Saratoga Springs Tree House Villas hold? Maybe that would be an option, not sure if they hold enough people for what you need for not though, maybe someone else can comment about that.

How many do the Saratoga Springs Tree House Villas hold? Maybe that would be an option, not sure if they hold enough people for what you need for not though, maybe someone else can comment about that.

They sleep 9 adults.

To put 12 in a single accommodation either requires a Disney $$$uite, or a Grand Villa. No other DVC holds 12 in a single unit.

1BRs top out at 5; 2BRs and Treehouses are generally 8-9, depending on the specific resort. So a group of 12 would need a Grand Villa, or a 2BR and a Studio, or 3 studios.

We have a trip coming up with 7 adults and 5 children. We also are thinking about moderate pricing wise. I am interested so far in Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside because they offer rooms with two queens and a pull down bed (would only use for a child). The extra pull down bed helps our party out a lot with sleeping arrangements where families can stay together and not split up couples into separate beds. Not sure the family set ups you are working with.

I think I would need to know more about how the various nuclear families are arranged before making a recommendation. Like aebeauregard said, you wouldn't want to split up couples, a 15 year old girl might not be comfortable sharing a bed with her 14 year old male cousin, etc.

Rent an RV for Fort Wilderness..some sleep 10-12. And have 2 bathrooms...ask for a spot near a comfort station..then use a tent also. Unless you are not a camping family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter