Live Trip Report: Vacation no more

8LfTl6o.jpg

Starting my day with a healthy breakfast

TWmzJ7b.jpg

This chocolate and peanut butter fudge is for later, when my blood sugar is less maple syrup and more... Hemoglobin-like

XzehyEI.jpg

Over 20 years ago now (it feels like way less) I lived in California for a bit at Edwards AFB. Edwards is a hair over a thirty minute drive to the nearest towns (Rosemond, Lancaster, Palmdale). There's almost nothing on base except the commissary, BX, Burger King, and Anthony's Pizza. It was a flight test base, so it was designed to be isolated to maintain some semblance of security and secrecy. To see any civilization, you had to make the drive out of town. I was never really into Del Taco, but remembered them having decent burgers. It's been over 20 years since I've had Del Taco. I thought they were a West thing. So, here I am, sitting in a Del Taco in Orlando, eating a burger in a taco joint. It feels like 1992 again.

OK, quick update:

Outlet mall - check
Mall at the millennia - check
Del taco - check
Disney Springs - check

I think I've covered most of the tourist spots. Time for a recharge. I feel gross from all of the sugar. Surprise! Sugar isn't good for you.

I spent a little time and excessively drank some alcoholic beverages at an English pub of some sort that my friends took me to. I'm not used to drinking. I might still be slightly tipped. I think I've reached my limit for food, alcohol, and fun for today. I think a sleep is in order.

Good morning all! Today is a bit of a shuffle. At some time in the afternoon, I check into a different hotel and begin the Universal Studios portion of the trip. I'm not quite sure what's on the agenda today until then, but I have a few ideas. Plan one is to slowly get motivated to get out of bed. I slept terrible last night and had a homesick moment where I gave strong consideration to leaving at two in the morning and just going home, Universal Studios be damned. I miss my bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter