Live from WDW, its the Nicki and Todd show..and RAIN!!!!

I hope you go to Boma, it is amazing! DH said Pap is like grits...he likes them, I didnt even try them

I hope you write I dining report and let us know how great everything was!

I may have lived in Naples for 18 years but I am still a Boston girl deep down inside! Love the Celtics, Sox and Patriots, and love the awesome food too! When I get all "wicked" excited my accent comes right out, it is so funny because people that do know I am from Mass are shocked! Fav movie, Goodwill Hunting baby!

How do you like them apples!

Just finished reading your reviews! We checked in on the 23rd and had our Poly photoshoot in the rain! It was actually great fun!

THANK YOU once again for the great reviews! Putting GFC on my list to try on a future trip! That steak looked fantastic!

Glad you liked it! Isnt the Poly a great resort!

Just caught up on your reviews.:goodvibes I got back from Disney less than a week ago (we were blessed with great weather, albeit hot, so sorry about all your rain). I should be ready to write the reviews in about a week or so, been busy starting back teaching this week. Except for Crystal Palace, they were all new TS places for us which was fun.

Anyway, just wanted to comment that we had the juice at Kona and Tusker House last week and although they were both good, and similar, we didn't think they were the same. The one at Kona seemed like what we had at 'Ohana last year though. My guess is that each place makes it's own.:confused3

I had the same pasta as you at GFC back in 2007 and it was one of my favorite meals the entire trip.:thumbsup2

I look forward to your next reviews. popcorn::

Just caught up on your reviews.:goodvibes I got back from Disney less than a week ago (we were blessed with great weather, albeit hot, so sorry about all your rain). I should be ready to write the reviews in about a week or so, been busy starting back teaching this week. Except for Crystal Palace, they were all new TS places for us which was fun.

Anyway, just wanted to comment that we had the juice at Kona and Tusker House last week and although they were both good, and similar, we didn't think they were the same. The one at Kona seemed like what we had at 'Ohana last year though. My guess is that each place makes it's own.:confused3

I had the same pasta as you at GFC back in 2007 and it was one of my favorite meals the entire trip.:thumbsup2

I look forward to your next reviews. popcorn::

Glad you had nice weather and I hope the crowds were still pretty low for you. How was Tusker House? We are going to try it in January.....

Glad you had nice weather and I hope the crowds were still pretty low for you. How was Tusker House? We are going to try it in January.....

The crowds were average to low; we walked on to many things much to our surprise. They were definitely lower than the same time last year. Perhaps Fay caused people to reschedule?

I wish I could tell you that I loved Tusker House, but I didn't. The food was great and our waitress was very nice (albiet excessively perky) but the character interaction was not good. They were way too fast. Our ADR was for 8:00 and we were ready to go and wait for rope drop at 8:45. While it was nice to be able to walk right on to the safari, I would have prefered better interaction. Luckily this was towards the end of our week and we had seen plenty of characters (including DS's fave Donald at MK the day before), so the kids were not upset. Perhaps things won't be so crazy in January, this was during free dining. Also, maybe they assumed that people with early ADR's were in a hurry to get to opening.:confused3 If nothing else, you will get to compare the juice with 'Ohana's and Boma's.:thumbsup2

Nicky are you going to Tusker House for breakfast? We did that last year and had a pretty good time. I will aggree that the characters seem more hurried here than other places but I assumed that it was because Josh was older. Also the dance and all that was a lot of fun. The breakfast itself was worth going there for sure. This was actually probably one of my fav meals of the trip. Here are a few pics of our breakfast there I hope you do not mind me posting them.
Fruit plate
disneyworld08080.jpg

Chocolate croissants (to die for), bacon and melon
disneyworld08081.jpg

Josh's Bread and fruit plate
disneyworld08067.jpg

Josh's main plate (picky eater remember!)
disneyworld08068.jpg

Aaron's main plate
disneyworld08070.jpg

My main plate
disneyworld08069.jpg

Upclose of my plate
disneyworld08066.jpg

YUM!!
Josh and Mickey (can you tell we had 8 am reservations after a late night at DHS??)
disneyworld08072.jpg

Thank Michelle! We are going to the breakfast, I think the time I got was 8:05, on our departure day and then stay in AK until 2pm and then head home. My youngest niece is a huge Daisy lover so this seemed a smart place to eat and it goes very well with my plan.

Thank you so much for the pictures, the food looks really good!

Nicki I'm sure your neices will love it there! They have the coolest musical instruments everyone shakes during the parade and even Aaron and I got in on the fun. Plus the food was really good which is why I am so looking forward to Boma because I think it is basically the same. I do not remember the names of any of the African type of foods but most everything we ate was YUM! I can not wait to see your pics and hear what you guys think of it!

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing. Esp loved the Grand Floridian cafe ones, going to show your thread to my parents, think they'd love it there! :)

x

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing. Esp loved the Grand Floridian cafe ones, going to show your thread to my parents, think they'd love it there! :)

x

Thank you! GFC was amazing, I am sure your parents would love it!

Thank you for the reviews- they are great!
Next year we are having a family trip and will happen to be there on our 2nd anniversary. It also happens to be my sil and bil's anniversary so I was thinking of doing a wishes cruise and dinner beofre...I think GFC will be the perfect place:thumbsup2

Thank you for the reviews- they are great!
Next year we are having a family trip and will happen to be there on our 2nd anniversary. It also happens to be my sil and bil's anniversary so I was thinking of doing a wishes cruise and dinner beofre...I think GFC will be the perfect place:thumbsup2

Thank you! I hope you love GFC as much as we did! I think you can also special order a castle cake and have them serve it there

Amazing TR I love the pictures of the menus, and of course the food thank you for sharing.

Amazing TR I love the pictures of the menus, and of course the food thank you for sharing.

Thanks! Glad you like it....hope to do better on the menu pictures next month....the slower the place the easier to take pics!

Thanks! Glad you like it....hope to do better on the menu pictures next month....the slower the place the easier to take pics!
I can hardly wait 'till your next trip (and review)! Also I wanted to add my thanks for the menu pics. That is an awesome idea and really helpful because most of the menus listed online are out of date.

Ok you guys, I found it, an amazing restaurant that is little discussed so maybe not too many people know about it but you all should try it....GRAND FLORIDIAN CAFE! DH and I loved it so much that he wants me to change my Oct dining plans around (yes again) and add it in somewhere.

We tried GFC for the first time on our July/August trip this year. After spending the morning at DTD at the BBB our girls were having Tea with Alice & the Mad Hatter. This was our anniversary trip & we jumped on the opportunity to eat ALONE!!!!!!!!! The food at lunch was amazing too. The chocolate hazelnut dessert is great for anyone who loves, loves, loves chocolate. I can't wait to eat here again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter