~*LIVE*~ from the Polynesian ***UPDATED 09/02***

For dinner we went to Raglan Road. We had the WORST waitress on the planet. It took her 15 minutes to greet us, she instead decided to bus tables in what was a half empty section to begin with. There were easily 10 tables nearby that were bussed and ready to go. Our entrees came within 15 minutes of ordering, but we never recieved any bread or Guinness dip, while every other table around us had them. Let me say at this point that our server only had 3 tables, all small parties, so she wasn't under any huge pressure. We ordered dessert around 7:50. And waited....and waited....and waited....15...then 25 minutes went by. There was no sign of our dessert. Our waitress however was wandering around. At this point, the table of 2 in her section had been waiting 35 minutes for their entrees. And a table to our left was waiting 20 minutes for appetizers. When she finally realized we had no dessert she rushed over to her computer. We believe she completely forgot to enter the order for the dessert. 25 minutes we waited, asked for the check, cancelled the dessert and left her no tip because she gave us no appology. It was awful. The food was OK, nothing spectacular.
What are the chances that 1st you see a rude host at Le Cellier and you get a horrbile server at Raglan Road? I guess you can call it a bad coincidence, however as long as you don't let bother you and forget it right away.

What are the chances that 1st you see a rude host at Le Cellier and you get a horrbile server at Raglan Road? I guess you can call it a bad coincidence, however as long as you don't let bother you and forget it right away.

We don't let it get to us. We've had so many outstanding Cast Members and Wait Staff this trip that these bad ones are the exception. Most of the staff we have encountered have gone out of their way to be accomodating :thumbsup2 Definitely not letting it affect our trip!

Great live report. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Looking forward to being there in 6 days. Thanks for helping to get me back in the mood to pack ... had been in a kind of funk for the past day or so.

pixiedust: PIXIEDUST!!

This morning we decided that we would go do Animal Kingdom. One thing we never understand about DAK is the way that they organize their parking. They park guests out in the farther lots, leaving one of the close lots empty, even at 1:45 as we left the closest lot was left completely empty. Ah well. We parked in Dinosaur and ventured into the park. DMom doesn't do Everest so she went to get Kilamanjaro fastpasses while DDad and I went to see what the Everest Standby line was like. We had a bit of a late start, getting to Everest by 10:20 and the wait was only 30 minutes. Thankfully they didn't have the line going through the tea garden as it was HOT HOT HOT. The steam on the trains wasn't running today but otherwise the ride was amazing as always.

On the way to Africa we saw Devine. She is always impressive, especially when the crowd kept whispering "Is she real??" From there we grabbed frozen lemonades and soft pretzels (yummy!) And we caved and bought a misting spray bottle. We have been to WDW 25 times, at least half a dozen of those around this time period and my god it has NEVER been hotter. Our fastpasses for the Safari were ready to use so off we went. We actually saw the cheetah's up close! Very cool. And 2 baby elephants, 1 baby rhino and the male and female lions.

We wandered back to Asia, and to Flame Tree BBQ. WOW. I have never seen it so slammed! But then again it was 12:30, so prime lunch time. The line took 15 minutes, found a table fairly easily. DDad and I had the half slab of ribs, DMom had the BBQ Chicken Salad. Everything was delicious. At this point we had all had more than enough sun so we returned to the Polynesian for some downtime. Now we are off to Epcot to eat and drink our way around the world! :goodvibes

This morning we decided that we would go do Animal Kingdom. One thing we never understand about DAK is the way that they organize their parking. They park guests out in the farther lots, leaving one of the close lots empty, even at 1:45 as we left the closest lot was left completely empty. Ah well. We parked in Dinosaur and ventured into the park. DMom doesn't do Everest so she went to get Kilamanjaro fastpasses while DDad and I went to see what the Everest Standby line was like. We had a bit of a late start, getting to Everest by 10:20 and the wait was only 30 minutes. Thankfully they didn't have the line going through the tea garden as it was HOT HOT HOT. The steam on the trains wasn't running today but otherwise the ride was amazing as always.

On the way to Africa we saw Devine. She is always impressive, especially when the crowd kept whispering "Is she real??" From there we grabbed frozen lemonades and soft pretzels (yummy!) And we caved and bought a misting spray bottle. We have been to WDW 25 times, at least half a dozen of those around this time period and my god it has NEVER been hotter. Our fastpasses for the Safari were ready to use so off we went. We actually saw the cheetah's up close! Very cool. And 2 baby elephants, 1 baby rhino and the male and female lions.

We wandered back to Asia, and to Flame Tree BBQ. WOW. I have never seen it so slammed! But then again it was 12:30, so prime lunch time. The line took 15 minutes, found a table fairly easily. DDad and I had the half slab of ribs, DMom had the BBQ Chicken Salad. Everything was delicious. At this point we had all had more than enough sun so we returned to the Polynesian for some downtime. Now we are off to Epcot to eat and drink our way around the world! :goodvibes
Thanks for that update, so go have fun eating and drinking around Epcot. :thumbsup2

Great live updates!! I wonder if the Flame Tree BBQ will be busier now that Tusker House has turned from a CS to a TS. My family really enjoyed Tusker House and the A/C was great on a very hot August day!

This is a great! I've never read a LIVE report before and you are doing a great job. I feel like I'm there! Your descriptions are spot on and very informative.
Thanks for sharing with us!

I'm so enjoying your updates! We leave 2 weeks from today, and will be staying at the poly. We can hardly wait and your reports are certainly getting us revved up to go.:yay:

Excellent review and I'm so glad you're having such a great time!! :sunny: Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Thanks for that update, so go have fun eating and drinking around Epcot. :thumbsup2

You're Welcome! ;) We had a blast eating and drinking around the world. Lots of drinking hehe....and there will be even more next week when my best friend joins me! :thumbsup2 I'm thinking two 22 year old's stumbling towards the bus stop after drinking around the world will be likely LOL

Thanks for the great report!

My pleasure! :goodvibes

I am enjoying your live updates! I am glad that you are having a great time!:goodvibes

We're having an amazing time, but my god is it HOT. We've gone in Aug half a dozen times and its never been like this! :confused3

Great live updates!! I wonder if the Flame Tree BBQ will be busier now that Tusker House has turned from a CS to a TS. My family really enjoyed Tusker House and the A/C was great on a very hot August day!

I definitely think that Flame Tree will be busier because of Tusker going TS, but it might even out when Yak & Yeti opens.

This is a great! I've never read a LIVE report before and you are doing a great job. I feel like I'm there! Your descriptions are spot on and very informative.
Thanks for sharing with us!

I adore live reports so I thought it would be neat to do one. Glad you're enjoying!

I love the live updates!! Thanks!!

Counting down the days...I cant wait!!

You're welcome!

I'm so enjoying your updates! We leave 2 weeks from today, and will be staying at the poly. We can hardly wait and your reports are certainly getting us revved up to go.:yay:

Glad to know my report is helping get you pumped for your vacation!

Excellent review and I'm so glad you're having such a great time!! :sunny: Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Thanks for reading!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry that I haven't updated lately. Been very busy having a blast! :cool1: So I left off with eating and drinking around the world at Epcot. We started off at the Lotus Blossom Cafe. We shared one order of Orange Chicken and one Shrimp Fried Rice with an Eggroll. We had been to Lotus Blossom Cafe a few years ago and must say that the food quality has vastly improved. The chicken was crisp and not greasy with a tangy orange sauce. The rice was lightly fried with a bit of spice and lots of veggies as well as tender shrimp. We also tried a chinese beer, Tsing Tso,very good and refreshing. From China we went to sample a few wines in Germany. We selected a sweet riesling, a dry riesling and one that I could barely pronounce...Liefromilch? something like that. I liked the sweet riesling the best, followed by the Lief...? which was medium dry. After Germany we headed towards France for some pastries and drinks. Mom & I got champagne and Dad got a Grand Marnier Orange Slush. From Boulangerie Patisserie we got a Lemon Tart, a Chocolate Eclair, an Elephant Ear and an Apple Turnover. All were delicious! We watched Illuminations from Italy and then called it a night.

The morning of the 30th we went to Typhoon Lagoon and were amazed at how empty it was. We arrived around 8:45, 45 minutes into the Extra Magic Hour and had our choice of seats. The weather was lovely, sunny and about 82 degrees, going up to around 87 by the time we left at 11:45. We decided to avoid slides and simply spend our time on Castaway Creek or in Typhoon Lagoon itself. Very relaxing day.

In the evening we went to Epcot. We arrived around 6:30 and proceeded to Le Cellier to attempt the seemingly impossible....we wanted to order cheese soup and pretzel bread at dinner....TO GO....:rolleyes1 We got a lot of "yea right" kind of looks from the host and hostess staff. But lo and behold, WE GOT SOUP! It cost $20 for 3 orders of soup and a pack of 3 pretzel bread sticks. It was fantastic. However, we started to realize as we sat out in the setting sun and sweltering heat we realized we were not going to make it in Epcot that night. It was easily 95 degrees, with the sun down and there was NO WIND. It was as still as I've ever seen it. We felt like we were dying! We bailed out at 8ish and ordered room service back at the Poly which was ok.

I'll update later tonight about yesterday and today! Yesterday I went solo to MK in the morning then we went to the California Grill in the evening. Today we hit Typhoom Lagoon again, we're off to MK for a late lunch and Epcot for a late dinner.

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm going to do one last update then I'll be offline for a week. I've been using my Dad's laptop and he and my mom are going to Fort Myers, Florida today while my friend Belle_373 comes down to join me for a week of Free Dining at Coronado Springs. I'll move this report over to my Trip Report when I get back, and add LOTS of pictures and a bit more detail!

I went solo to the MK on Friday. I left the Poly at about 10 by the boat, and got to the MK at 10:10. The park wasn't that crowded and the wait times were great. 10 minutes for Splash, 5 minutes for Pirates, Jungle Cruise and BTMRR. I went to Adventureland and browsed through the shops, went on Aladdin's Magic Carpets on my own :rolleyes1 hehe, then went on Pirates of the Caribbean. At 11:20 I watched Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial. I am a HUGE Johnny Depp fan and was very impressed with the portrayl of Captain Jack! I was pretty hungry by that point as I had skipped breakfast. I went to Liberty Tree Tavern and asked if they had any walk ups available for a Party of 1. To my surprise they took me. I was seated by 11:45 and enjoyed my Pilgrim's Feast. After lunch I was too hot to stay and attempt more rides so I went to shop on Main Street and then hopped on the monorail back to the Poly.

That evening was a lovely dinner at the California Grill. Our ADR was for 7:40 and we were seated by 7:55 at the most spectacular window table I've ever seen. We started with sushi, a shrimp tempura roll with mango and watermelon, wrapped in white nori and served with a sweet orange and ginger sauce. We also ordered a Hurricane Roll, which was spicy crab, shrimp, tuna, cucumber, avacado, and pickled ginger. The rice was rolled in tempura crunch. Both were out of this world! I even got to go talk to Yoshie! :cloud9: After sushi we shared two first courses. The sonoma goat cheese ravioli and the maine lobster salad. Yum! For entrees Dad had the Buffalo Sirloin, Mom had the Wild King Salmon, and I had the Pork Tenderloin. Everyone agreed that my pork tenderloin was easily the best entree. The other two were wonderful, but the flavors of the pork dish complimented each other perfectly! For dessert we shared Buterscotch Banana Bliss and Valhrona Coffee & Chocolate. Both were unbelievable!

Saturday we had a leisurely morning at Typhoon Lagoon. We arrived at 9:30 and had our choice of seats. By 10:30 we got on Gangpack, Mayday and Keelhaul Falls. We walked back in Castaway Creek...yup...walked. There were no tubes at the entrance and the lifeguard told us we could walk! LOL. Man was that a workout. We left at 11:30 after relaxing by the wave pool.

We had originally planned to go to Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch but a lovely Florida thunderstorm changed our plans. We stopped into the Kona Cafe for lunch. Dad had sticky wings and a side of fries. Mom had an open face Salmon BLT and I had the pulled pork sandwich. All were wonderful. For dessert we shared a Chocolate Macadamia Tart and a Kileuea Torte. Yummmmm! :cloud9:

Last night we went to Epcot and spent the entire night in France. We got glasses of champagne, watched Impressions de France and had dinner at Chefs de France. We each had a bowl of French Onion Soup and split and order of escargot. Chefs de France was one of our favorite restaurants about 2 years ago and we had felt on our last few trips that it had been going downhill. This dinner changed our mind. It was fantastic! Better than it has been in a very very long time. We were thrilled. We skipped entrees and had a dessert each. Mom had fruit salad in an Earl Grey tea syrup with mango sorbet, Dad and I had profiteroles au chocolat. OMG this was heaven on a plate in my opinion. We could see a bit of Illuminations from our table. We were seated in the little room to the right as you enter, our favorite section. It was a wonderful night. Also, in that night we planned 2 more potential trips for 2008! One in Feb/Mar and one in Oct! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: YAY!

Perfect end to my week with my parents!

So now I will be unable to update for the next week as I'll be computer-less :scared1: LOL. I'll update when I get back :goodvibes Thanks for reading!

Thanks once again for your live report! I can't wait to see your pictures and read your official report when you get back :3dglasses

You mentioned about going to the Kona Cafe at the last minute due to a thunderstorm and not wanting to head out to the parks; we did this same exact thing on a trip in 2005 when we got drenched while at the MK (Hurricane Dennis) and by the time we got back to the Polynesian we knew we'd miss our ADR at Jiko for that night, so we changed our ADR to the Kona Cafe. I LOVE the fact that the Polynesian has the Kona Cafe and that you can get a great meal right there at the resort. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter