*Live From GF....Must Read!*

Tinkerbell10403

DIS Veteran
My family and I boarded a plane this morning at 7:30 in Houston and arrived in Orlando around 11 am (EST). Everything went smoothly as planned, except for the small 'issue' we had with Magical Express this past week concerning our trip. (To make a long story short, although we entered in all of our flight info. for DME online back in October, we never received any luggage tags. This confused me, so I called them and they told me that they did not have my ressie, or my address. This is strange to me since I get mail from WDW like every week it seems. Anyways, unfortunately they did not have enough time to send us our tags and although we have used this service before, 9 suitcases with no DME identification made us a little leary. The CMs at the airport we SO friendly and understanding, and we received all 9 pieces of our luggage within a few hours of check-in. ::MickeyMo ) We rode the ME bus to our hotel, and ended up being the only people on board the bus since GF was the last stop. We were greeted so kindly by the staff, and although our room was not ready, we spent time looking in the shops and having lunch at Gasparilla's. (We are on the dining plan and although I have used it before, my parents and sisters have not and I got them aquainted. They love it! :wizard: ) We received word that our room was ready, and are in the Boca Chica building. Our room is lovely! The decor in our room is gorgeous, and we even enjoyed tanning a bit on our balcony. (Tanning...in December! Who would've thought? :earboy2: ) Dinner ressies were for Chef Mickey's at 5:00 pm, and we arrived early to shop a bit in the Contemporary. Dinner was wonderful! I have heard people on the boards telling about their dissappointments with Chef Mickey's...but I have a wonderful time at dinner and we met every character and got autographs and pictures. We ended up shopping around a bit in the Poly, and even decided to change our room ressies for March to the Poly from the AKL. (I am excited about that one! :banana: ) I also found a hidden mickey on the wall near the stairs leading up to the thre second level. Upon returning to the GF, we happened upon such a magical experience...it must be noted here. A really nice CM approached my Dad in the lobby and told him that a family had cancelled for one of the specialty fireworks cruises and asked if we would like to take their place. (A $250.00 cruise mind you, for free!) My Dad and I ended up being the ones that went since we were not tired, and let me tell you...SO MAGICAL! We had front row seats for the last showing of Holiday Wishes, and even got to get up close and personal for the Water Parade on our way back! It was such a neat experience, and this is the reason why Disney never ceases to amaze me! You know, I read reports on the boards about people saying that Disney has lost it's magic...or CMs are rude, or there is trash on the ground. IMHO...I have never experienced any of those things, and this is why I continue to come back time and time again. WDW is truley the happiest place on earth. At 20 years old, I am just a big kid who loves to carry around Pal Mickey, wear my Gold Mouse Ears, and can't go anywhere without my pin lanyard. And to think....this was just the first day..... :earsboy:

We stayed in Boca Chica too, and loved the location :)

Wow, an unexpected fireworks cruise, how cool is that??!! :goodvibes :flower:

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!! :sunny:

We were in Boca Chica in September...great location!

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

What a nice surprise! I loved reading your report. Have a great stay but somehow I'm sure you will! :sunny:

How wonderful! Congrats on the cruise and so glad to hear how wonderful the room is :wizard:

AWESOME!!

So glad to hear your report of Chef Mickey's as well!! :earsgirl: ::MickeyMo

:wizard: Here's to more magic for you and your family!! :wizard:

Can you tell me what exactly you get with concierge? Where is Boca Chica?
I was going to get garden view rooms........should I get something else or will that be good? We need two rooms thats why I opted for the less price, but I need to know the difference. thanks

GF is wonderful and has been a magical place for my family. Thank you for sharing you experience. I will be at BC in another week with another couple ... never stayed there ... hoping some of that magic comes our way :earsboy:

Tinkerbell10403 said:
A really nice CM approached my Dad in the lobby and told him that a family had cancelled for one of the specialty fireworks cruises and asked if we would like to take their place.

How magical is that? :goodvibes :wizard:

I am so happy this wonderful gesture happened to you :)

I am glad to hear you are had such a great first day. And it will only get better...
Have a great trip!

I too love to hear these stories! ::yes:: So when people say to me "you're going to Disney again?!" I can think back to my experiences and ones like yours and say "Yes I am!" Thanks for sharing :goodvibes !

That is awesome..i am hoping for a little magic when we are there next week for my sons birthday... :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter