• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Linking MDE account with DVCmember account

LJD2143

DIS Veteran & DVC Member
Has anyone had any luck with linking their DVCmember.com account with their MDE account?

While on the MDE website today, I was tweaking My Profile, when I came accross this message as I tried to add an "Affiliation" to my profile:

I logged out of MDE and logged in with my DVCmember.com userid - but then all of my MDE reservations were not there.

I tried calling DVC Member Services and they said there was nothing they could do.

Weird! Just curious as to what others are experiencing?

Mine are linked. I don't recall if I did anything to link them. I believe they linked automatically because my profile at both sites use the same email address.

MDEAffiliations_zps30624016.jpg

Same as Michael. Mine linked themselves but I only have one Disney log on and password.

Probably not the answer you want, but I think you should have used the same account info as DVC when you set up your MDE account. Disney IT should be able to combine them though, or at least did for me about 4-5 years ago when I had two different log ons. DVC MS had to connect me with them though you couldn't call them directly.

Probably not the answer you want, but I think you should have used the same account info as DVC when you set up your MDE account. Disney IT should be able to combine them though, or at least did for me about 4-5 years ago when I had two different log ons. DVC MS had to connect me with them though you couldn't call them directly.

Seems that having multiple Disney accounts is somewhat common issue.

To the OP, enter your email on the page linked to below. Disney will then send you a link that will show you all accounts associated with that email address. It may take several minutes or more for the email to come in.

https://register.go.com/global/disney/recoverMemberNames

You also have to be sure that your name on the DVC Member website is the same as the name used on MDE/Disney. My MDE/Disney had Chuck and DVC used my legal name of Charles. I had to change MDE to "Charles" for them to link.

Thanks guys :)
I acknowledge that I have 2 different user-ids, but only one email. I guess thats the problem.

For some reason, when I created my DVCmember account, it would not accept my existing Disney user-id so I had to create a new one.

I was just assuming/hoping they could "link" them behind the scenes?

After all is said and done, do you think it even matters? I mean, what benefit will there be from having my DVC status on MDE?

After all is said and done, do you think it even matters? I mean, what benefit will there be from having my DVC status on MDE?

If your MDE profile has the DVC Affiliation, it will allow you to purchase special event tickets and annual passes from disneyworld.com at member pricing.

Shopping and Dining discounts still require you to show your member id card and photo id to receive those discounts.

Thanks guys :)
I acknowledge that I have 2 different user-ids, but only one email. I guess thats the problem.

For some reason, when I created my DVCmember account, it would not accept my existing Disney user-id so I had to create a new one.

I was just assuming/hoping they could "link" them behind the scenes?

I had a similar problem with two different log ins which MS was able to fix. They also added the affiliation on my MDE account. However, they told me that I can only see it if I log in to MDE on my computer. For some reason the affiliation does not show on the app. Sure enough it shows up under my profile on MDE when I log in to the acutal site on the computer but does not show up on the app. :confused3

I wanted my DVC status added on because you never know how it could be used in the future. The availablity to link it is probably there for a reason so I would do it sooner rather than later.

I do not think that all the agents are equally knowledgeable about MDE. Call again and hopefully you will get someone who will be able to help. Good luck.

Has anyone been able to link TIW to MDE?
It would be just one less card to drag out at payment time...

Has anyone been able to link TIW to MDE?
It would be just one less card to drag out at payment time...

Discounts are not automatic and Disney has never said that they would be.

To receive any applicable discount you have to show proof of discount (AP/DVC Member ID/TiW Card, etc) and a Photo ID.

Has anyone had any luck with linking their DVCmember.com account with their MDE account?

While on the MDE website today, I was tweaking My Profile, when I came accross this message as I tried to add an "Affiliation" to my profile:

I logged out of MDE and logged in with my DVCmember.com userid - but then all of my MDE reservations were not there.

I tried calling DVC Member Services and they said there was nothing they could do.

Weird! Just curious as to what others are experiencing?

So after you logged in using your DVC member logon did you click Link Accounts?

That is how I linked my accounts. After clicking it, the system automatically brought in my DVC reservations. Now I can logon with either password and both works even for my DVC member account.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I tried them all, but no luck.:(
I still had to use 2 different user-ids to successfully log-on to each site and see all my reservations.

Based on the comment from vicki_c, I decided to try Member Services again, this time via email, so I could be explicitly clear. And they fixed it! :yay:

They ended up changing my user-id for both sites (MDE and DVC) to my email address - which I know is how it's supposed to work now - just not how mine were originally set-up.

Now everything is linked, all my reservations were retreived, and my DVC affiliation is already there!:cool1:

Awesome response from Member Services:

Welcome Home LAURA,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We apologize for the challenges you have experienced logging into
DVCMember.com. You should be able to log in using the User Name:
xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com.

You will receive a separate email message containing a link to reset
your account password from Member Services (memberservices@help.go.com)
within the next 24 hours. Please be sure to check your spam or junk
mail folders if you do not receive it.

To log in to My Disney Experience, please use the same user name and
password you are using for DVCMember.com as this will help to prevent
any additional challenges. For more information on My Disney Experience
please visit www.MyDisneyExperience.com.

If you need any additional assistance, please be sure to include your
full name, Member Number, complete home address, and phone number as
reflected on your Membership in your reply.

Sincerely,

Luke

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB

Glad MS helped fix it! I just linked mine this morning (my issue was different, as I never created my own logon for the DVCMember site, so MS helped me set that up).

It is nice having all the info merged, isn't it?

Yay, glad I was helpful! That's what they did for me, merged them all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter