• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

linking magic band

irene6118

Mouseketeer
I have 2 trips to WDW planned, a short one this coming weekend and a longer family trip in January. I have a magic band that I received last year when I had to cancel my trip, so it was never used. Since I already have tickets for both trips, how do I link my magic band so that it will work for my short trip this weekend? Thanks for your help.

If your tickets and magic band are linked to the same account, you don’t have to do anything.

From the disneyworld.com webpage, choose "My MagicBands and Cards" under the My Disney Experience tab. (If you haven't already signed in to your account, it'll have you do so now.) To the right of your profile picture and name, it should show how many magicbands and cards you have. You can click on that to see if your magicband is already listed and active. If it isn't listed, go back to the prior screen and click the box "Link" near the bottom of the screen. Choose "magicband" on the next screen. On the following screen, insert the ID number (as shown on the directions on that screen).

From the disneyworld.com webpage, choose "My MagicBands and Cards" under the My Disney Experience tab. (If you haven't already signed in to your account, it'll have you do so now.) To the right of your profile picture and name, it should show how many magicbands and cards you have. You can click on that to see if your magicband is already listed and active. If it isn't listed, go back to the prior screen and click the box "Link" near the bottom of the screen. Choose "magicband" on the next screen. On the following screen, insert the ID number (as shown on the directions on that screen).

Thank you. Will it know which set of tickets to use? I have some that are getting ready to expire and would like to use those on the upcoming weekend trip.

Not necessarily. I've never been in your situation, but I've seen threads discussing it. See post 10 of the "Ticket sticky" here. I'd ask any questions in that thread.

Edit: I don't know that you'd have any problems considering they use date-based tickets these days. I just don't feel comfortable assuring you there won't be any.

Last edited:
Thank you. Will it know which set of tickets to use? I have some that are getting ready to expire and would like to use those on the upcoming weekend trip.

I would stop at guest services outside of the first park you are visiting and ask them to "prioritize" your tickets in the order you would like to use them just to be on the safe side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter