Linked cabins and Covid testing

ashleyasiegel

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with friends who are in a different cabin for our April cruise. Our TA said that he linked us together for dining purposes way back when we booked a year ago.
We are meeting at the ship so not traveling together until we get there.
On the off chance that someone in our cabin or someone in their cabin test positive at the port will that deny both cabins? Or will we be treated separately? I would hate to ruin their vacation or vice versa
Thanks!
Ashley

We are traveling with friends who are in a different cabin for our April cruise. Our TA said that he linked us together for dining purposes way back when we booked a year ago.
We are meeting at the ship so not traveling together until we get there.
On the off chance that someone in our cabin or someone in their cabin test positive at the port will that deny both cabins? Or will we be treated separately? I would hate to ruin their vacation or vice versa
Thanks!
Ashley
I am fairly certain that the traveling party is determined by the linked reservations.

You would be fine if you don't meet prior to boarding. It says sharing the same stateroom and close contacts, so if you wouldn't have contact prior to boarding they should not deny you. I'd maybe have documentation somehow (different flights, traveling from different cities) to show you've not been in contact with the other party.

From Disney Cruise Line.com

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for unvaccinated Guests. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts—will be denied boarding.

You would be fine if you don't meet prior to boarding. It says sharing the same stateroom and close contacts, so if you wouldn't have contact prior to boarding they should not deny you. I'd maybe have documentation somehow (different flights, traveling from different cities) to show you've not been in contact with the other party.

From Disney Cruise Line.com

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for unvaccinated Guests. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts—will be denied boarding.

the "catch-all" in this statement is: "and their close contacts"

I don't know the OPs actual situation, but if the 2 parties are traveling from completely different cities on different flights with different modes of transport to the port, the could hardly be classified as close contacts.

It is the linked reservations that DCL will use to determine close contacts and not how they traveled to the port.

You got to remember that DCL is being very aggressive in their Covid screening process.

I don’t really want to argue, but had they meant linked reservation, they would have said linked reservations. I don’t think linked reservations would exclusively preclude one party being allowed to sail and one party not, it would be determined by the situation.

It is the linked reservations that DCL will use to determine close contacts and not how they traveled to the port.
Onboard, yes. But not for arrival/embarkation testing. Multiple posters have confirmed this, and at least 1 report of one stateroom boarding when a linked stateroom did not. As long as the 2 parties do not arrive together they are not considered close contacts at embarkation.

I think DCL would have a really hard time if they tried to deny boarding to parties who did not arrive together when they aren’t even considering their own bus transportation to be close contacts.

We are traveling with linked reservations. Our other party has a completely different PAT and boarding group. So if we are already boarded, and they arrive and test positive…it would be silly for DCL to make us disembark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter