• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lines for Alamo or Hertz recently

katallo

DIS Veteran
I have heard about long lines with Budget at MCO. Anyone with recent experience with Alamo or Hertz? We are Hertz Gold members so I think we will be able to go directly to the garage unless something has changed.

I have heard about long lines with Budget at MCO. Anyone with recent experience with Alamo or Hertz? We are Hertz Gold members so I think we will be able to go directly to the garage unless something has changed.

We have a rental thru Budget at MCO for 3/25 and I have been reading horrendous reviews about the service there. People are saying they had to wait in line over 2 hrs to pick up their car and very few employees working. Some also said they didn't have enough cars to rent out when they finally got to the counter. I have a rental at Budget, that I am seriously thinking of cancelling if the reviews don't change.

I am also a Hertz Gold member and went straight to the garage 2/12. My name was on the board and I was able to go pick out my car. Just had to show my license and credit card at the gate on the way out.

Thanks so much. We will definitely use Hertz or Alamo. Alamo will also let us use pre registration as well.

I know those lines at MCO can be awful.

Line experiences at any of the car rental places is highly variable. The biggest factor is how may other flights arrive at MCO around the same time as you do. This factor doesn't depend on the car rental agency, its purely a factor of demand.

Alamo Insider registration is free, and you can usually skip the counter and go directly to the garage by doing online checkin.

I would google Tripadvisor or Yelp. After reading reviews for Budget and Hertz, we chose Alamo. Higher cost but much better reviews. Fingers crossed.

We rented from Alamo in Tampa in December. They had kiosks to check in. They just scanned your drivers license and credit card. No need to stand in the lines.

We arrived at MCO on Saturday 2/19 at 10am and there was no one in line for Alamo. There were a few ppl in line for Budget, Avis, and Hertz. The only rental counter with a long line was Thrifty/Dollar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter