Lines at Pandora: Day vs Night vs PM EMH

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
I have been reading about the long lines at the Pandora attractions, and I was wondering about the difference between going during the day vs. later at night. Also, has anyone been to the after hours going on until early July? How are the crowds then? We have passes for the Na'Vi River Journey but not the Flight of Passage (little ones too small) but we may try a rider swap. Going between 11 pm and 1 am is going to test the kids so just wondering if it was worth it.
Thanks!

I was there the whole opening week starting that monday. In my experience the best time to go to pandora is right in the middle of the day between 3-4pm. That way the morning rush has fallen a bit but the night time crowd hasn't started up yet.

We were there yesterday and had only navi fastpasses, so we waited until about 10:15 pm, and got in line for flight of passage (which had a posted wait time of 110 min.) We ended up waiting an hour and 20 min and it was definitely worth it! It is the most amazing ride I've ever experienced. Morning had the highest wait times, but they seemed to drop off the later in the day it got.

We have morning plans but were planning to hop sometime around 2 or 3. Otherwise we were going to swim and rest then get to AK around 5 because our first fp isn't until 6:10. (Safari, Na'vi then ROL) then possibly a late night. Trying to decide which strategy is best as we are checking out the next morning and don't have breakfast until 10:20 so we cold possibly do a late night.

I was there the whole opening week starting that monday. In my experience the best time to go to pandora is right in the middle of the day between 3-4pm. That way the morning rush has fallen a bit but the night time crowd hasn't started up yet.

I agree with this.. time it for when everyone gets tired of the heat near 3-4 and it's great in there. I did 1 day where I did lunch ending about 4 and had a blast. not saying your going to walk on anything but it's been reasonable at least the first week.. BUT now schools are out and summer crowds are here so this information might be wrong.

I have been reading about the long lines at the Pandora attractions, and I was wondering about the difference between going during the day vs. later at night. Also, has anyone been to the after hours going on until early July? How are the crowds then? We have passes for the Na'Vi River Journey but not the Flight of Passage (little ones too small) but we may try a rider swap. Going between 11 pm and 1 am is going to test the kids so just wondering if it was worth it.
Thanks!
We are considering going the EMH next week to give a look so I have been checking the App Wait Times periodically each night. Last night at 11p ET the wait time for FOP was 150 minutes and NR was 40 minutes. Been pretty consistent with those times each day. There was an night when it go down to 100 minutes, but it was storming that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter