line etiquette spin off

karasmom

Mouseketeer
I was reading the line etiquette thread.

I have the following planned and am wondering if this will really irritate people.

Going to Epcot at 9 and immediately make my way to Norway to get in line for Anna and Elsa M&G. My husband will slowly make his way there with my 2 and 5 year old. Getting breakfast on the way etc. He will then probably join me to take my spot while I entertain the girls elsewhere.

The reason why I figure this will be "acceptable" is because it is an open line and they don't have to "squeeze" by people to get to me but rather walk up to me.

Will this irk other people? In no way shape or form will my 2 year old sit there for longer than 30 minutes. So really, it is for the greater good of everybody around me :lmao:

Anyways - I would never wait anywhere like this for a ride or alike...its just not worth my time - but Anna and Elsa are #1 for my girls right now and its just something I won't get passed.

Thoughts?

If one person is inline then three more join, others may get frustrated. Regardless of if it is a queued line or open line, IMO it would be considered cutting at there will be three more to attend to in front of me that were not there originally.

I really don't think it will be a problem at all, especially bright and early. When I've waited to see Rapunzel and then Merida for their first "showing" that seemed to be the standard. :thumbsup2

You very much sound like a better planner than this, but the only problem I could see is not having everyone together when it's time to actually head in. ;)

Of course, I wouldn't have a problem with your setup in a regular ride line, either. :confused3

I was reading the line etiquette thread.

I have the following planned and am wondering if this will really irritate people.

Going to Epcot at 9 and immediately make my way to Norway to get in line for Anna and Elsa M&G. My husband will slowly make his way there with my 2 and 5 year old. Getting breakfast on the way etc. He will then probably join me to take my spot while I entertain the girls elsewhere.

The reason why I figure this will be "acceptable" is because it is an open line and they don't have to "squeeze" by people to get to me but rather walk up to me.

Will this irk other people? In no way shape or form will my 2 year old sit there for longer than 30 minutes. So really, it is for the greater good of everybody around me :lmao:

Anyways - I would never wait anywhere like this for a ride or alike...its just not worth my time - but Anna and Elsa are #1 for my girls right now and its just something I won't get passed.

Thoughts?

I think that as long as people can tell you are holding space for your immediate family and not a herd of people, most are ok with it (I know I would be) The annoying scenarios are when one or two people in line but like 15 family members join in and each want a separate photo then group photos..

If one person is inline then three more join, others may get frustrated. Regardless of if it is a queued line or open line, IMO it would be considered cutting at there will be three more to attend to in front of me that were not there originally.

The reason I disagree with this line of thought with this particular queue is because of the nature of how the line goes. It's not one or two people so much as it is one or two groups of people. The CM letting folks in is certainly not going to split up families. :) So, in this case, one person is the same as four people. :grouphug:

I hope that makes sense. :goodvibes

It sounds like you will be "place holding" for only one M&G opportunity. People in line expect that for each person in line, it is one M&G. So, if you are not holding your place for more than one photo op/meeting, it won't make much difference who is in line.

When we did the line for Rapunzel a few years ago the cms actually suggested we do this. For the first hour I stood in line while the hubby went and rode rides with our girls then we swapped.

Ditto PP. We did this at the old Rapunzel M&G and plenty of others were doing the same. CMs were counting groups in line to keep the wait times posted (or verbalized) as accurately as possible.

I have only done a M&G once THANK GOODNESS and this is exactly what we did. I have no Earthly idea how people do that over and over and over again. Give me a character breakfast any day of the week but waiting in lines is torture!

I saw this happen with the Candlelight Processional. The line was a thin horizontal line until it was close to letting people in. The line then became evry wide.

I have only done a M&G once THANK GOODNESS and this is exactly what we did. I have no Earthly idea how people do that over and over and over again. Give me a character breakfast any day of the week but waiting in lines is torture!

Ugh, I know, right??? I will not get in any line that is long than 20-30 minutes...

We have fp+ for Rapunzel and have to endure Sofia's line for the 2 year old but other than that .... everyone else we will meet at dinner/breakfast.

I wish there was a FP+ for Anna and Elsa...shouldn't be that hard to put up...I am sure they have extra machines somewhere :/

If you read any of my posts on things like this you know I am very much "anti-cut" "anti-holding" and not looking to find the loop holes in the rules when it comes to Disney to make everyones experience the best possible.

I would say in this circumstance though just let everyone know that you are in line for your 2 daughters. Since its such a long wait (not moving queue) I find this to be a little different than the normal working queue lines that the rides present.

They just need to adjust how this whole system is done though, why make 100-200 people "waste" 2-3-4-5 hours waiting in line to meet a character and get a signature.

I was just about to post that World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00 am.

But I see that it opens at 10:00 today and tomorrow, and it opens at 9:30 on Tuesday (then back to regular 11:00 opening the rest of the week).

So I hope that Tuesday is your day! :goodvibes

I am not tolerant of line jumping, but I think this situation is different. I stood in the Darth Vader line for my son for an hour during Star Wars weekend. He was able to see another character during that time. When I got close to the front he hopped in the line and I hopped out.

If you are going to do one photo OP for the whole family, I don't have a problem with it. If you are going to have one child go, then the other, then it is making the people behind you wait longer and I think it's wrong.

Thank you everyone for your opinions. My plans are for the girls to join me come 10:50ish. So they will be there once the line starts moving. I have also planned to inform the people behind me that I am waiting for my daughters - we will be there two hours so I sure hope I have someone decent to talk to behind me :rotfl:

Anyways, yes - we will go in as a group of course. Definitely not splitting my girls up :-)

I am also not having them to anything else other than very ng something to eat so its not they will be double dipping attractions. They will most likely walking around really close by with my husband. No other M&G or ride or anything like that.

I was number two in line on 12/24 for the 11:00am M&G. Everybody around me was switching off because the wait was so long. I wouldn't sweat it at all. Anna and Elsa are beautiful and meeting them was the highlight of my DD's trip.
You may want to bring something to sit on. The stones were cold.

If it is important enough to stand in the line, then it is important enough for the entire group to stand together. Otherwise, you are cutting the line. No matter that there aren't any "sides" to the line space.

If you took two autographs and/or two photos, that was one more than you as a single was entitled to.

Nothing like the present to teach a child to wait.

The reports I've read from people who have done this particular meet 'n' greet have said that the CM's there are asking people how many total in their party and taking that into consideration when cutting off the line/ estimating waits etc... The CM's are also encouraging groups to have line savers. So, unless things change, according to WDW you are fine and that's all that matters. :goodvibes

The reports I've read from people who have done this particular meet 'n' greet have said that the CM's there are asking people how many total in their party and taking that into consideration when cutting off the line/ estimating waits etc... The CM's are also encouraging groups to have line savers. So, unless things change, according to WDW you are fine and that's all that matters. :goodvibes

::yes:: They told us this when we were considering it but we opted to not even have one wait. It's a bit of a congested area, so why clog it up when the CM knows how many are visiting in each group and accounts for that when cutting off the line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter