"limits" on Disney dining plan?

mbw12

<font color=blue>DVC member<br><font color=red>Has
I see a few conflicting posts on this....so can anyone clarify for me:

Are there certain items that you cannot order from the menu when you are on the disney dining plan??

However, I believe there is a surcharge on certain menu items in DTD. I've never been on the plan. In my research for our upcoming trip, this is what I saw.

I experienced some minor things on my Sept/Oct trip. One, for example, was at Tony's dinner, we only got the dessert sampler and could not choose from the menu.

You order from the same menu, but certain items are off limits (surf & turf sometimes, unless it is the daily special), and any "add-ons". Those items are very few and very far between at TS restaurants. Some others require "pooling" credits - DH and I got the dessert sampler at Le Cellier, but it required both of our dessert points. I have also heard conflicting reports about getting non-alcoholic specialty drinks, sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. We never tried so I have no personal experience. At some CS restaurants, though, we weren't given a choice about what dessert we got.

beattyfamily said:
I experienced some minor things on my Sept/Oct trip. One, for example, was at Tony's dinner, we only got the dessert sampler and could not choose from the menu.

That's the first time I heard that one, anyone else have any knowledge about this limitation on your dessert selection at Tony's?

jezabel_007 said:
Uh oh...what about the lobster at Narcoossee's??

Since Narcoossee's is a 2 TS restaurant, then I would assume that everything, including lobster, would be covered.

We were there in July and ate at Tony's, which was one of our favorite places. We each chose our own dessert and were not limited in any way.
Maybe the rules have changed or you had an uninformed waiter/waitress.
You could always call and ask. Hope this helps. :sunny:

We used the ddp last August, and when we ate in Germany at Epcot, we had to pay oop for alcohol. The only other thing we ran into was some places uses shakes for deserts, so if you choose to have one for a drink you may not have any credit left for desert, not that we had room any how.

Had the dining plan. I think some restaurants interpret the plan differently. I think it has to do with the server as well. All in all a very good experience. I have nothing negative to say. As far as getting extras, a smile and kindness do go a long way ! :sunny:

beattyfamily said:
...at Tony's dinner, we only got the dessert sampler and could not choose from the menu.
A couple weeks ago, we chose our own desserts, no problem.

Planet Hollywood and Wolfgang Puck's limit your choices. We had no restrictions at any of our restaurants:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Donald's Breakfastosaurus
Cape May Cafe
Beaches and Cream (OK, no kitchen sink, which is desert for 12)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Oop, no appetizer with all-you-can-eat family meal)
Kona Cafe
Ohana
Poly Luau
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Olivia's
Good's to Go
1900 Park Faire
Tony's Town Square
Liberty Tree Tavern
Pecos Bill's
San Angel Inn
Restaurant Marrakesh
Le Cellier
Electric Umbrella
ABC Commissary
50's Prime Time Cafe
Tusker House
Flame Tree Barbeque

A couple guys told me I couldn't get water as a snack, but they were wrong.

Wenlitz said:
We were there in July and ate at Tony's, which was one of our favorite places. We each chose our own dessert and were not limited in any way.

We were just there Nov/Dec 2005 and at Tony's weren't limited in deserts either, however, we did have to pay for the one that came with the collectable glass. It was some sort of frozen lemonaide in a collectable glass with lady and the tramp on it.

Doesn anyone know what Wolfgang Pucks Cafe limits you to on the dining plan?
We have ADR's already made, but if they limit you to certain items, we will rethink our plans.
Thanks,

Wenlitz said:

The plan is constantly changing and evloving. I ate there Oct 2. She told me because we were on the plan, we'd get a dessert sampler which included the mini canoli, cheesecake and Tiramisu. I was bummed cause I wanted to try the creme brulee. Of course, they could have gotten enough complaints to change it yet again.

Best advice is to try and call the restaurant directly if you are worried about this possible change to see what they are doing now. :scratchin

Earl of Sandwich only allows you a choice of cookie for dessert. At least that's what the CMs at the beginning of the line say; at the register, I was allowed to take any one dessert. Not a big deal, since I think the only choices are cookies or brownies :)
Tangierine Cafe limits your dessert to a piece of baklava; of course, you're free to purchase any dessert you want at the pastry counter.
Concourse Steak House and Kona Cafe included non-alcoholic 'fancy' drinks; Chefs de France and Prime Time did not - you're restricted to the typical soft drink/coffee choices.
Pepper Market only allows (I think) a cookie, brownie or muffin for dessert - but ANY entree... and some of those cost more than some sit-down meals!

MouseWorshipin said:
A couple weeks ago, we chose our own desserts, no problem.

Planet Hollywood and Wolfgang Puck's limit your choices. We had no restrictions at any of our restaurants:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Donald's Breakfastosaurus
Cape May Cafe
Beaches and Cream (OK, no kitchen sink, which is desert for 12)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Oop, no appetizer with all-you-can-eat family meal)
Kona Cafe
Ohana
Poly Luau
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Olivia's
Good's to Go
1900 Park Faire
Tony's Town Square
Liberty Tree Tavern
Pecos Bill's
San Angel Inn
Restaurant Marrakesh
Le Cellier
Electric Umbrella
ABC Commissary
50's Prime Time Cafe
Tusker House
Flame Tree Barbeque

A couple guys told me I couldn't get water as a snack, but they were wrong.

Is not beinh able to get water a new thing? When we went last October we used all our snack credits for water/soda/milk. Has anyone else mot been able to get water as a snack?

There are certain things you can't get on the dining plan, like the Surf-turf at Le Cellier, or the slipper dessert at CRT....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter