Liberty Inn

SparklinDiamond

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am trying to plan my family's meals for our holiday in November. I was looking into the liberty inn in epcot for the strip steak and looked on tripadvisor and saw a lady had said they have a carvery. Is this correct? i can't find it anywhere, or has she got the wrong place? :confused:

The Liberty Inn is a counter service restaurant in the American Pavillion. I doubt they have a carvery which I am taking to mean a place, on site, where they carve raw meat.

If you're looking for a steak, I'd probably look elsewhere. The Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club, just outside the International Gateway at Epcot, might be a better choice for a steak.

And Welcome to the Disboards!! This is a great place to get all your questions answered!

Maybe she is thinking of liberty tree tavern in MK?

I thought of that Cumbley, but Liberty Inn is the only one with a steak on the menu! Liberty Tree Tavern doesn't serve steak at lunchtime and it's not on the Pilgrim's Platter at the dinnertime family style meal.

Steak in a counter service place just sounds odd to me, though, but it IS on the menu at Liberty Inn at Epcot.

I read that the OP was looking at liberty inn but I wondered if the reviewer who mentioned the carvery had got mixed up?

The steak has been added recently. Never tried it there and probably never will.

I had the quick service steak at Epcot and it was quite good. A bargain meal.
I have to agree. For a quick service meal the steak was pretty good. You can't request a doneness, but mine came out medium. The garlic butter they put on top is good as well. I'm not looking to spend $35 for a lunch when I have a table service scheduled for dinner so this was a nice surprise.
They make the salads to order as well as the steak so everything was fresh.

They don't carve or cook to order. I think the manager was telling me they try for medium for every steak. If you're particular about how your steak is cooked then this isn't the steak for you. If you're looking for an ok steak (we enjoyed it but it's not steak house quality by any means) cooked medium at a good price then it's great.

They don't carve or cook to order. I think the manager was telling me they try for medium for every steak. If you're particular about how your steak is cooked then this isn't the steak for you. If you're looking for an ok steak (we enjoyed it but it's not steak house quality by any means) cooked medium at a good price then it's great.

My daughter actually works there as a member of the College Program. From what I know, the place used to be just awful and got terrible reviews, they have changed the menu up some and a new manager came in.

Regardless, the best Quick Service at Epcot - is without a doubt the one in the Land Pavillion. Lot's of great choices, everything is fresh and they do a good job keeping the place clean. The downside - it can be a tad noisy and chaotic.

Is a shame with Disney Restaurant Choices. Why not represent America properly with: Cobb Salad, Clam Chowder, Boston Lobster Rolls, Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, Southern BBQ, Cincinnati or Chicago Chile/Coneys and all the other foods we love and keep us heavier then other countries.

We were very pleasantly surprised how good the steak was at Liberty Inn. It was thin maybe a 1/2 inch but it actually wasn't cooked to death. For CS it was very good.

Thankyou for all your responses. I figured she had got the wrong place as I couldn't seem to find a carvery mentioned anywhere. Would have loved to have eaten a carvery but the steak sounds good too :) thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter