Let's Try this Whole Trip Report Thing - a Memorial Day Weekend PTR

I'm so sorry about your puppy, I do truly know how much a part of the family they are. While I'm a cat person it's the same feeling, and I've lost too many cats to list. It doesn't get easier and you never forget them :littleangel:
I love your Mother's Day gift! I think I've seen that advertised before. I especially love the little touch of your names being on it :goodvibes
A client of mine who is also a friend flew Frontier last month and had a good experience. You have to play around with flights and airlines sometimes to get it to work! We always fly JetBlue but we also have about 5 airports we can choose from. To drive would be 24 hours and that isn't appealing to any of us lol.
Thank you. It sure hasn't gotten any easier yet. The worst was the first day I was home by myself with our other dog while the husband was at work and the kids were off school.

Isn't the picture so cute! They also keep advertising for it on my Facebook feed now which has me weirded out. I guess it's like when you get a car and then all the sudden to spot them everywhere.

It's good to hear your know of someone who has a good experience with Frontier. We have another airport 45 minutes away with a "discount airline" but it flies into Sanford in Orlando and after adding bags and transportation to WDW from Sanford the discount isn't that great. Our other airport is about 1.5 hours away and the flights aren't ever cheap enough to justify the drive.

The trip is getting closer!!!!

We got our magic bands in the mail and I was so excited to receive them! We of course put them on immediately and wore them around the house for a bit. No just to wait for the rest of the Mickey mail!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

In other trip news...I am now debating on adding the dining plan. We have always used it before and I like having the food paid for prior to the trip. It would end up costing us more though because my husband and I wouldn't be sharing meals like we had been planning to do. I always do this to myself before a trip. Second guess all the planning I have done. I guess I should call group services and price it out then run the numbers. I can add the dining plan before the trip I think. Anyone know when I have to do it by?

If you just want the trip "paid for", go to Target if you have a red card or order off BJ's website, no membership required and get Disney Gift cards at a 5% discount. Now it applies to whatever you eat or drink and you can still eat how you want and not feel like you have to fit the plan.

If you just want the trip "paid for", go to Target if you have a red card or order off BJ's website, no membership required and get Disney Gift cards at a 5% discount. Now it applies to whatever you eat or drink and you can still eat how you want and not feel like you have to fit the plan.
That was one thing we thought of doing. Our grocery store gives $.20 off a gallon of gas for up to 30 gallons for every $50 in gift cards. When we paid for our trip I ended up with $10.20 off lol. I've been getting free gas for over a month

8 days!!! I am beyond excited! I am so excited that I cancelled all of our ADRs except for 'Ohana. Yep! You read that right. I kept going over our ADRs and was realizing that they weren't anywhere that I actually wanted to eat. Since we planned this trip inside of the 180 day window I didn't get any of the places that are on my "must try" list except for 'Ohana. I'll keep refreshing to see what pops up but as of now we will be sampling the QS places and playing table service roulette on the days we decide we want to sit down.

Last edited:
I can't believe in just 3 days I will be in the Magic Kingdom! Hopefully we'll be on BTMR. Has anyone read the article where it says that BTMR helps with kidney stones? Well I'm hoping it's true because I have one. I went to the ER last week and found out. I was hoping to pass it on my own as I have had them before. Well today I had to go my urologist because the pain wasn't going away. He thinks it's stuck in my ureters and wanted to do surgery tomorrow. Since I have had bad times with keeping my pain under control after previous kidney surgeries I opted for meds and to try to get it through on my own. I refuse to let a kidney stone keep me down!

Today I also did a little shopping for our trip. I got travel bottles for our shampoo and stuff. 3 for $1 at dollar tree. I also got little packs of tissues for our park bag. We were originally going to go bagless but decided against it since we'll need sunscreen and decided to bring snacks to the park. Speaking of snacks, I also got some today to pack. Granola bars, cracks with various filling and pop tarts. I placed our garden grocer order too. In that I got bags of chips for our afternoon breaks and beer for hubby and wine coolers for me. They sounded like a good idea when I was thinking of what to drink by the pool in the hot afternoons.
I'll start packing Friday while the kids are at their last day of school. I'll do a packing post to include some of my random but useful things I take.

We just got back Monday night but I'm still jealous of your trip!! But the kidney stone :( I honestly hope the meds get you through vacation-or BTMRR helps you lol!

I'll be anxious to see where you guys end up eating. We booked a couple last minute ADR's this trip and we've done it in the past, seems normally lots of things open up day of. Good luck, be well and have a magical trip pixiedust:

Have a GREAT trip! We leave tomorrow....and can't wait! I'm with you on cancelling all of the ADRs. I keep pairing mine down little by little and now it looks like a friend of mine might drive over from Tampa for the day...so I may cancel one more that I have that night, which wasn't a big deal. I'm thinking quick service is the way to go as well, especially with our APs giving us a 20% discount on many of them!

We just got back Monday night but I'm still jealous of your trip!! But the kidney stone :( I honestly hope the meds get you through vacation-or BTMRR helps you lol!

I'll be anxious to see where you guys end up eating. We booked a couple last minute ADR's this trip and we've done it in the past, seems normally lots of things open up day of. Good luck, be well and have a magical trip pixiedust:

Hope your trip was great!

Have a GREAT trip! We leave tomorrow....and can't wait! I'm with you on cancelling all of the ADRs. I keep pairing mine down little by little and now it looks like a friend of mine might drive over from Tampa for the day...so I may cancel one more that I have that night, which wasn't a big deal. I'm thinking quick service is the way to go as well, especially with our APs giving us a 20% discount on many of them!

We will be there at the same time! Where are you staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter