Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always thought hotel guests should have 60 day ADR windows at their resort and everyone else 30. A family’s once in a lifetime trip to Poly and they can’t get into Ohana? Guess what - it’ll still sell out.
I really hope that Disney never goes this route. There are so many places I love to take family and friends for meals who have never been...Ohana being one of them....and I think it would be sad if those were no longer offered FCFS, even if one is not staying at that resort.

I really hope that Disney never goes this route. There are so many places I love to take family and friends for meals who have never been...Ohana being one of them....and I think it would be sad if those were no longer offered FCFS, even if one is not staying at that resort.
I think there’d still be plenty of capacity when the 2nd window opens. Stay where you want to eat? 😁

Maybe signature TS gets early priority (I’m staying at CR/BLT and can’t get into Cal Grill??? VGF but no Narcoosees???), whereas smaller venues like Beaches & Cream doesn’t.

I’ve always thought hotel guests should have 60 day ADR windows at their resort and everyone else 30. A family’s once in a lifetime trip to Poly and they can’t get into Ohana? Guess what - it’ll still sell out.
I would love it even if they just held some walk-up or same day availability for hotel guests. It just feels like it should be easier for guests to eat in restaurants in the hotels where they are staying.

Sadly I don't think these things will ever happen even though it would improve the experience for resort guests. Them blocking reservations and etc. implies that they have to turn down people's money and I don't think Disney cares where the money comes from as long as it's coming in.
I think they’re always concerned with the guest experience, particularly when they can make positive tweaks that are revenue neutral.

WDW could separate a block of reservations for hotel guests, similar to how Rose and Crown or Spice Road have separate ADRs for shows and general public. I think they should. Doesn’t really make sense that a person staying at WL cannot get Storybook dining during their week stay, or RIV get Topolinos during their 5 day stay, etc. This is their resort amenity. Booking should come with 1 dining request like breakfast, lunch or dinner on X date.

WDW could separate a block of reservations for hotel guests, similar to how Rose and Crown or Spice Road have separate ADRs for shows and general public. I think they should. Doesn’t really make sense that a person staying at WL cannot get Storybook dining during their week stay, or RIV get Topolinos during their 5 day stay, etc. This is their resort amenity. Booking should come with 1 dining request like breakfast, lunch or dinner on X date.
100% agree!!!

Right, it would sell out with Poly guests. Is that what we want, Ohana as an exclusive for Poly guests? I'm positive that's not what I would want.

Right, it would sell out with Poly guests. Is that what we want, Ohana as an exclusive for Poly guests? I'm positive that's not what I would want.
What if it was just a block? First come first serve for those, fcfs also for the other block.

It wouldn’t be a guarantee for resort guests to get ADR, just increase the likelihood.

Get someone staying offsite, or in value/moderate to visit a deluxe resort restaurant. If they like it, they dream of staying there. Or in the case of a resort with DVC, it's an opportunity to sell them.

In the GCH, many guests waiting for the reservations talk with the DVD/DVC staff.

Friends are using our DVC points at WDW this week. We told them about the DVC tour gift card promotion before they left. They had reservations at Topolino's this morning. They talked with DVD afterward and went on a tour of Riviera. They signed the contract and called us about it.

I'm fine with all the restaurants being equally open for everyone. There are enough restrictions on who can & can't book different things, IMO
It doesn’t have to restrict anyone. Still be fcfs. Just a fractional bucket so that guests have an improved shot at getting an ADR in their own resort. To me it just makes sense that the convenience of dining options is part of the resort package. Obviously guests could still get shut out with a bucket system, but they’d have an increased chance with their fcfs resort bucket. The compromise would be they get a slightly decreased chance of ARDs at other resorts, but still fcfs would be in action.

As it is, WDW already gives preference to longer stays where ADRs are concerned. These people are staying onsite and making it a bit easier to eat onsite seems fair. This is just more of the same really.

It doesn’t have to restrict anyone. Still be fcfs. Just a fractional bucket so that guests have an improved shot at getting an ADR in their own resort. To me it just makes sense that the convenience of dining options is part of the resort package. Obviously guests could still get shut out with a bucket system, but they’d have an increased chance with their fcfs resort bucket. The compromise would be they get a slightly decreased chance of ARDs at other resorts, but still fcfs would be in action.

As it is, WDW already gives preference to longer stays where ADRs are concerned. These people are staying onsite and making it a bit easier to eat onsite seems fair. This is just more of the same really.
1712862497041.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter