Let’s just say we could all use a little Happiest Place on Earth Right now! Update 3/4

8 sleeps!!! :hyper: :cool1:

Your itinerary sounds wonderful. Starting off DL on an awesome tour, I don't think it gets much better than that!

The elevators sound ominous though. I would always use the stairs going down and when getting back late at night the elevators weren't busy at all. I don't think you'll have an issue.

I'll be following along as well on your report. Hope you and your family have a great time in SoCal. You have a nice schedule during your trip and nice to see that you are able to stay on-site. I had a hunch that you will be eating at Super Mex during your visit which you got me hooked on this restaurant in Cypress.

We always eat at Super Mex. :blush: Its my alltime favorite mexican when in So Cal.

Those sound like perfect plans. How nice to see Alison and also to stay on property plus score a night of club.

Then onto VGF! That looks like such a nice resort. Pam's photos of it look delightful. Those tiffany lamps! I would be there to eek it out until the flight also. Once we actually booked an extra day at SSR to use our room until our evening flight. That was bliss!

Nice to go to the movies. Look forward to reading. Not long now!

I am looking forward to the club level for that day/night. I called last night and the lounge is open from 6a-8p. 6-10 is breakfast; oatmeal, cereal, pastries and the like plus coffee and beverages. 10-5 is open for small snacks and non-alcoholic drinks. 5-7p is beer and wine time with hot appetizers and then they bring dessert out from 7-8. They did say to ask when we are there if there is something we'd like that they don't have out. Other than my continued lack of confidence in their elevator system, I am really looking forward to stay at the PPH again.

Sounds like some nice plans that you have, enjoy the strawberries. I will enjoy having a day of fun at the park.

I am soooo exited to see you. We need drinks too. party:And to figure out dinner. You know I am always up for Plaza Inn.

8 sleeps!!! :hyper: :cool1:

Your itinerary sounds wonderful. Starting off DL on an awesome tour, I don't think it gets much better than that!

The elevators sound ominous though. I would always use the stairs going down and when getting back late at night the elevators weren't busy at all. I don't think you'll have an issue.

:thanks: friend! I am hoping you are correct about the elevators. And now its 4 sleeps!!!! :hyper: :woohoo:

I can't think of a better way than the tour with family and a dear friend to begin a trip to Disneyland! :cloud9:

On the travel front, we did buy new luggage; two new checked size bags and two new carry-ons. I am waiting for Michael to send me a pic and then I will post it. :lmao:

On the travel front, we did buy new luggage; two new checked size bags and two new carry-ons.

But what are Michael and the kids going to use? :confused3

I am soooo exited to see you. We need drinks too.

Id li e to do Saturday night as well!

When are the fireworks Monday? 8:30 or 9:30? We can squeeze in drinks before then!

And to figure out dinner. You know I am always up for Plaza Inn.

Depending on how much time we have for drinks we can figure out when we want to have dinner. I still have 5 kiosks at DCA to hit up as well!

Here's our luggage.

Its not fancy but its hardshell and I have always wanted hardshell since first seeing it. We got a really good deal at TJ Maxx. I generally hate those type of stores because frankly, I am far too impatient to search but because we knew right where they keep the luggage, there was very little *shopping* involved. :lmao:

But what are Michael and the kids going to use? :confused3

Id li e to do Saturday night as well!

When are the fireworks Monday? 8:30 or 9:30? We can squeeze in drinks before then!

Depending on how much time we have for drinks we can figure out when we want to have dinner. I still have 5 kiosks at DCA to hit up as well!

I think they begin at 8:30 which leaves just under two hours for drinks. We are going to hit the festival booths for sure that week. We are also thinking of a little day drinking at Trader Sam's so you might have to return for that another day that week. ;)

Saturday is still up in the air. Because we cut a night off our trip, that leaves one less evening to see my girlfriend Ruthie. I have 3 people I must see; my father, you, and Ruthie. :hug: If I see Shannon that would be wonderful but our schedules never seem to jive. Seal Beach does their annual tree lighting and fake snow that night at the pier. They also have a huge menorah; it's really fun. I just realized thats in 3 days!!!!! :hyper:

4 sleeps!!! party: party: party:

I love new luggage :teeth:

3 sleeps!!!!! :woohoo: pixiedust: We have SO much going on between now and then. We are having friends over tonight, family over for dinner tomorrow, then Friday we need to clean again and pack, drop Guinness at the kennel, and leave early Saturday.

How are you and the boys spending the holiday?

There are only a few for the entire hotel, which causes things to go very slow at peak times. Nothing bad, just inconvenient.

My plan is to walk down at least in the morning. I am guessing most people try to leave at the same time each day.

We switched to the hard shell luggage, but only because Fran found a deal on them and we wanted the spinner wheels. I don't care for the "clamshell" format, but I live with it.

All those suitcases look big. Which ones were carry ons? You'll be here in no time!

Here's my glamorous week:
Today: make a pie, make green bean casserole, buy a dishwasher and stove, and do laundry, I need to get my Christmas lights out of storage.
Tomorrow: we hope to see Moana, then the two of us come home and make our turkey and eat our pie.
Friday: I get to clean a vacant apartment. Woohoo!
Saturday: I'll catch up on everything I didn't get done on the previous three days.

Your life sounds a lot more fun!

Nice lugguage!

:thanks:

We switched to the hard shell luggage, but only because Fran found a deal on them and we wanted the spinner wheels. I don't care for the "clamshell" format, but I live with it.

All those suitcases look big. Which ones were carry ons? You'll be here in no time!

Here's my glamorous week:
Today: make a pie, make green bean casserole, buy a dishwasher and stove, and do laundry, I need to get my Christmas lights out of storage.
Tomorrow: we hope to see Moana, then the two of us come home and make our turkey and eat our pie.
Friday: I get to clean a vacant apartment. Woohoo!
Saturday: I'll catch up on everything I didn't get done on the previous three days.

Your life sounds a lot more fun!

We all sort of share. The big one that we'll check will have our liquids and the stuff we cannot carry on. We may check 2, not sure.

I know!!!! I am so excited! We have been busy today, running around, and getting ready for tonight and tomorrow. Wish you lived closer (or vice versa). We are having a small get together tonight. Great friends, good wine, and yummy food; right up your alley!

:lmao: Glamorous indeed. ;) Although 99.5% of the time your life is far more glamorous than mine for sure we are just getting ready for vacation so for the moment it seems like more fun. LOL!!!

Are you having company for Thanksgiving? I was hoping it would be us. One day dammit, we will live closer!

I can't wait to see Moana! It looks so cute. We were going to go Friday but Gabby has to work and we want to go together. Let me know how it is.

Are you having company for Thanksgiving? I was hoping it would be us. One day dammit, we will live closer!

Nope. Story of our lives. We cant have anyone over anyways. The house needs cleaning and especially the carpets. But we can't do that until we get the crud out of the way.

I know!!!! I am so excited! We have been busy today, running around, and getting ready for tonight and tomorrow. Wish you lived closer (or vice versa). We are having a small get together tonight. Great friends, good wine, and yummy food; right up your alley!

I would love to have been invited to a get together. After I make the green bean casserole, I'm going to have a party with myself in the jacuzzi.

Here's our luggage.

Its not fancy but its hardshell and I have always wanted hardshell since first seeing it. We got a really good deal at TJ Maxx. I generally hate those type of stores because frankly, I am far too impatient to search but because we knew right where they keep the luggage, there was very little *shopping* involved. :lmao:

I like it!

3 sleeps!!!!! :woohoo: pixiedust: We have SO much going on between now and then. We are having friends over tonight, family over for dinner tomorrow, then Friday we need to clean again and pack, drop Guinness at the kennel, and leave early Saturday.

:faint:

How are you and the boys spending the holiday?

I will sleep as long as possible because I will probably get home at 1am this morning, and then I'm going to make a cheesecake popcorn::

Happy Thanksgiving friends! Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Nope. Story of our lives. We cant have anyone over anyways. The house needs cleaning and especially the carpets. But we can't do that until we get the crud out of the way.

I would love to have been invited to a get together. After I make the green bean casserole, I'm going to have a party with myself in the jacuzzi.

How was the jacuzzi party? :lmao:

I like it!

:faint:

I will sleep as long as possible because I will probably get home at 1am this morning, and then I'm going to make a cheesecake popcorn::

How did the cheesecake turn out?

A VIP tour? Enjoy. I'm so envious. Sounds like great plans.

We are super excited! :hyper:

2 sleeps!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I can't hardly stand it!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We are headed out to see Moana soon. It looks really good! Tomorrow I am going to do a little shopping, pack, and try to sleep. I never sleep before vacation and end up exhausted the first day. Not. This. Time! ;)

Tomorrow.....tomorrow....it's happening tomorrow, it's only a day away......

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss!!!!! :woohoo: I cannot wait. We are all packed except for Gabby. She had to work noon-9 today so hopefully she will hurry home and pack. We are leaving for the airport about 6 am. We planned to leave earlier but Michael reminded me the kids don't have Global Traveler.

Saw Moana last night and we really liked it. Thank you for tip to stay past the credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter