Length of Stay Waitlist Match?

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Hi everyone,

I am generally successful with 1- or 2-night waitlist requests. However, I would like to know if anyone has been successful with a 7- or 8-night stay waitlist request.

Thanks,
Jim 8O

The longer the stay, mathematically the less chance of a match.

:earsboy: Bill

We decided really late this year that we wanted to go to WDW for Christmas so end of September we put in a wait list for 2 2-bedrooms at SSR for 7 nights (21-28). We really thought our chances were slim to none but surprisingly last Friday our wait list was fulfilled.

I have also been successful with wait lists for longer stays when the resort I wanted wasn't available at the time.

We decided really late this year that we wanted to go to WDW for Christmas so end of September we put in a wait list for 2 2-bedrooms at SSR for 7 nights (21-28). We really thought our chances were slim to none but surprisingly last Friday our wait list was fulfilled. I have also been successful with wait lists for longer stays when the resort I wanted wasn't available at the time.

When your number was "up" on the wait list did you just notice the change in your reservation? Or did Disney notify you first?

We just had a 1 bedroom savanna view at AKL Kidani, 5 nights (12-28-14 thru 1/2/15) come through.

We just had a 1 bedroom savanna view at AKL Kidani, 5 nights (12-28-14 thru 1/2/15) come through.

That was a great one to come through! I would not have given you much chance. I have a waitlist for just 2 nights, December 28&29 at BCV. I thought it would work out, but we are inside 30 days, so it's not looking good!

I was very surprised our waitlist came through, I thought we had a snow balls chance in you know where of that coming through but some how it did. I never did receive an e-mail about it, I just happened to check on Thursday and there it was! Nice surprise for us! Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for their waitlist to come through!

It is my hope that the Polynesian opens in May and a number of members switch resorts. If this happens, I think I have a good shot at my request coming through for 7 nights. :)

When your number was "up" on the wait list did you just notice the change in your reservation? Or did Disney notify you first?

I got an email this time. I have had it where I found out just by checking "My Vacations" on the member website.

It is my hope that the Polynesian opens in May and a number of members switch resorts. If this happens, I think I have a good shot at my request coming through for 7 nights. :)

I will predict no chance of that occurring, as they haven't begun sales yet, or even notified current members ahead of time that presales will be beginning. I'm guessing next fall as most likely. Maybe Tikiman has heard something- you could ask him on his blog if he doesn't see this string.

But for your sake, I hope I'm wrong! Good luck.

I will predict no chance of that occurring, as they haven't begun sales yet, or even notified current members ahead of time that presales will be beginning. I'm guessing next fall as most likely. Maybe Tikiman has heard something- you could ask him on his blog if he doesn't see this string.

But for your sake, I hope I'm wrong! Good luck.

Remember last December when you predicted no chance of this happening? Well, I have a 10-day stay booked for May :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter