Legoland Trip Report

Raidra

Mouseketeer
We headed down to Legoland for the first time today (Monday). I had a hard time finding good, solid info ahead of time, so I thought I'd add my experience in case it helps others. Obviously, there's no Legoland crowd calendar, but easyWDW had Disney at a 5 for today, if that's relevant. Park hours were 10-5.

We got there a little late. We were just getting out of the car at 10am, and we had to stop to pick up our homeschool tickets (an amazing deal, btw, if you homeschool). We were going to do Lego City (Driving School and Boating School - Flying School was closed), but the maps suck and by the time we found ourselves in the Technic area, we decided to just do those rides instead of doubling back. We rode Project X twice (walk-on both times), Wave Racers twice (didn't even get off the after the first time), and only waited through one cycle for Technicycle. Then we went into Lego City (oh, after stopping to buy flip flops for my daughter, as hers broke). It was probably close to 11 by that point. There was no wait for Boat School or the Jr Driving School, but we did have to wait about 10 minutes for Driving School. Rescue Academy was the first ride we weren't too thrilled with (though it was a walk-on, at least). Way too much work for just a simple ride!We went into Land of Adventure next, and rode Coastersaurus, Safari Trek, and Lost Kingdom Adventure (skipped Beetle Bounce). The kids also played in Pharaoh's Revenge and had an awesome time. The only thing we had to wait for was Safari Trek because it loads so slow, but that was only about 5-10 minutes.

We got food at Castle Burger. OMG, is the food there overpriced.. even moreso than Disney. We read up beforehand and saw that you can bring snacks into the park, so we brought a small cooler with Gogurts, cheese sticks, and granola bars to cut back on our food spending.

After eating, we rode the Royal Joust, played at the Forestmen's Hideout, The Dragon, and Merlin's Challenge. The Dragon was the only ride that had a wait - maybe 10-15 minutes. After that, my husband took my bigger kids (11, 9) to do Quest for Chi while I took my littles (5, 7) to Duplo Valley. They still play with Duplo a lot, in addition to regular Legos, so my littles LOVED Duplo Valley. We rode the train, played in the barn (oversized Duplo stuff to climb on/play in), and rode the tractors. My boys showed up part-way through, completely drenched. They wanted to ride Quest for Chi again, but my husband didn't, so we sent them off on their own. We took the littles over to the splash pad and THEY got drenched, while the big kids rode the Chima ride four more times. At least one or two of the rides, they were the only people in their boat. We spent about 10 minutes in the big store on the way out, and were back in our car around 4:40.

So.. we skipped most of Miniland, though we saw it a bit while walking through. We also didn't do any of the shows or other non-ride attractions, and we skipped Flying School (it was closed), the carousel, Beetle Bounce, and Island in the Sky. We didn't even go into the Imagination Zone. However, all they wanted to do was ride rides (and play at two of the playgrounds), and they got to ride several of them multiple times. Since we're local, we'll be able to go back and check out the other stuff another time, especially with that homeschool discount.

But I can't imagine doing everything in the park in a single day. However, if you've got bigger kids, you could easily skip the younger stuff to make room for the shows and Mindstorms thing.. and if you've got littles, you'll have plenty of time to do the stuff geared toward them. Trying to fit every single thing in one day, especially if you go on a busy day, seems too stressful to me. We had an awesome time, though.. got lots of stuff done without rushing, and spent very, very little time waiting in line.

Hope that helps someone, and I'm happy to answer any questions!

We are going in two weeks and I am searching for information.
How was parking/ticket line?
Can you rank your favorites/must dos? (mine are 9/7)
notice any other dining that may have been a better choice? I am so over chicken fingers and hamburger food!!
We are not local and will be driving from WDW area.
Would you recommend a Saturday or Sunday?

The parking and ticket lines were really short. Parking is $17 for the regular lot and $22 for preferred. There are no trams or anything. There was nobody in line for the regular ticket windows, but the groups and vouchers lines had a few people waiting, we waited maybe 5 minutes.

My older kids loved the coasters (Coastersaurus, Project X, and the Dragon). They LOVED Quest for Chi and got completely drenched. Wave Racers was fun, too, and they liked Lost Kingdom Adventure, which is kind of a cheesy version of the Buzz Lightyear type ride, but in a pyramid and sort of Indiana Jones themed.

The chicken place in Lego City was at least indoors and air conditioned, but it was similarly expensive. They will give you free cups of ice water. Everyone seems to like the apple fries, but we didn't get any. I think you just have to expect expensive, crappy food. There is a McDonald's quite close for the ride home.

I'm not sure about Saturday or Sunday, as we've only gone the one Monday. If I had to pick, I'd choose Sunday but only for the idea that maybe locals wouldn't show up until after church. Maybe?

Thanks for taking the time to post your trip report. We went last year, and our experience was very similar to yours. We did do one show (4D Chima?) and did spend some time in Miniland--both were fun, especially Miniland. Flying School was open the day we were there. It is a relatively short but fun roller coaster where you sit suspended under the track. It was one of our first rides in the morning, and we rode it several times without having to even get off the ride. We also LOVED Quest for Chi and left soaked, after doing battle with other boats and people "on shore." Overall, it was a great day, especially since we had used some sort of discount to make it worth it, value-wise.

Whenever people post questions about LL, I try to provide answers based on my experience, since there's not too much information on the board (or actually there is, but it is spread throughout a lot of threads). I'm sure having your thread will be very helpful to people. Thanks again.

We're going in October. Is there anyway to not get soaked on the chi ride (wear a poncho)? Or is it one of those rides where you're going to get soaked no matter what?

Thanks for the review! We're planning to go on a Sunday since the hours are longer. I appreciate the tips about the food costs.

We're going in October. Is there anyway to not get soaked on the chi ride (wear a poncho)? Or is it one of those rides where you're going to get soaked no matter what?

Thanks for the review! We're planning to go on a Sunday since the hours are longer. I appreciate the tips about the food costs.

It think it would be possible to minimize soakage if you have room to maneuver around your boat. It all depends on how much people in other boats and "on shore" shoot at you. (I think there were other places where water sprayed too.) If you wear a poncho and maybe crocs/flip-flops, you should be fine.

I think with a poncho you will be able to keep the worst of the water off you. But getting wet is the whole point, it's basically just a huge squirt gun fight.

We headed down to Legoland for the first time today (Monday). I had a hard time finding good, solid info ahead of time, so I thought I'd add my experience in case it helps others. Obviously, there's no Legoland crowd calendar, but easyWDW had Disney at a 5 for today, if that's relevant. Park hours were 10-5.

So.. we skipped most of Miniland, though we saw it a bit while walking through. We also didn't do any of the shows or other non-ride attractions, and we skipped Flying School (it was closed), the carousel, Beetle Bounce, and Island in the Sky. We didn't even go into the Imagination Zone. However, all they wanted to do was ride rides (and play at two of the playgrounds), and they got to ride several of them multiple times. Since we're local, we'll be able to go back and check out the other stuff another time, especially with that homeschool discount.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! There's very little planning info out there. We're planning to visit LegoLand in September following a cruise. Not sure yet if we will do a Friday or Saturday. Curious how busy it might be during that time. Anyways... My question is about the homeschool discount you mentioned. Where or how did you get that discount? We homeschool as well.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. We are going for the day in August and I found your review very helpful.

thank you so much for your report! We are going to visit LL while coming down to WDW and I am just starting to look for info about the park. I enjoyed reading about your day and it gave me some good info to go on. Thanks again!

We got there a little late. We were just getting out of the car at 10am, and we had to stop to pick up our homeschool tickets (an amazing deal, btw, if you homeschool). We were going to do Lego City (Driving School and Boating School - Flying School was closed), but the maps suck and by the time we found ourselves in the Technic area, we decided to just do those rides instead of doubling back. We rode Project X twice (walk-on both times), Wave Racers twice (didn't even get off the after the first time), and only waited through one cycle for Technicycle. Then we went into Lego City (oh, after stopping to buy flip flops for my daughter, as hers broke). It was probably close to 11 by that point. There was no wait for Boat School or the Jr Driving School, but we did have to wait about 10 minutes for Driving School. Rescue Academy was the first ride we weren't too thrilled with (though it was a walk-on, at least). Way too much work for just a simple ride!We went into Land of Adventure next, and rode Coastersaurus, Safari Trek, and Lost Kingdom Adventure (skipped Beetle Bounce). The kids also played in Pharaoh's Revenge and had an awesome time. The only thing we had to wait for was Safari Trek because it loads so slow, but that was only about 5-10 minutes.

We got food at Castle Burger. OMG, is the food there overpriced.. even moreso than Disney. We read up beforehand and saw that you can bring snacks into the park, so we brought a small cooler with Gogurts, cheese sticks, and granola bars to cut back on our food spending.

After eating, we rode the Royal Joust, played at the Forestmen's Hideout, The Dragon, and Merlin's Challenge. The Dragon was the only ride that had a wait - maybe 10-15 minutes. After that, my husband took my bigger kids (11, 9) to do Quest for Chi while I took my littles (5, 7) to Duplo Valley. They still play with Duplo a lot, in addition to regular Legos, so my littles LOVED Duplo Valley. We rode the train, played in the barn (oversized Duplo stuff to climb on/play in), and rode the tractors. My boys showed up part-way through, completely drenched. They wanted to ride Quest for Chi again, but my husband didn't, so we sent them off on their own. We took the littles over to the splash pad and THEY got drenched, while the big kids rode the Chima ride four more times. At least one or two of the rides, they were the only people in their boat. We spent about 10 minutes in the big store on the way out, and were back in our car around 4:40.

But I can't imagine doing everything in the park in a single day. However, if you've got bigger kids, you could easily skip the younger stuff to make room for the shows and Mindstorms thing.. and if you've got littles, you'll have plenty of time to do the stuff geared toward them. Trying to fit every single thing in one day, especially if you go on a busy day, seems too stressful to me. We had an awesome time, though.. got lots of stuff done without rushing, and spent very, very little time waiting in line.

I have never been and enjoyed reading this. Thanks for posting!

Thank you for sharing your experience. We spent a day at Legoland two years ago and had an awesome time and I also wrote my own little review about it here on this forum. We went on Memorial Day weekend 2013 and after spending five straight park days at Disney we were surprised by Legoland's low crowds and how many rides we were able to walk on or ride with minimal waits. My kids loved it so much that they frequently ask to go back. A lot has been added since our visit (World of Chima, Lego Friends Heartlake City, expanded Lego Duplo area) so I agree that you definitely need more than one day to do it all there, especially with there being shows and a water park area too. We are strongly considering doing another day here on our upcoming Disney trip. DH and I agreed that if we were FL residents we would get annual passes for Legoland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter