Legoland. Not open everyday...

myneverland

Mouseketeer
Went on a wasted drive to legoland today, only to find out that it is apparently closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Doh. Not sure we will make the effort on a later day this trip. Is it worth it?

we went 2 weeks ago and it was worth it to us. I, personally, would not want to give up WDW park time to do it...but my children (9 and 7) would have.

The water park was what made it worth it for them (their first water park experience). They enjoyed the rides and displays, too....but they LOVED the water park. The water park portion is only open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in this off season....check to make sure that schedule hasn't changed, though.

DH and enjoyed it as well....but nothing compares to Disney. ;)

During the slower months it does close Tuesdays and Wednesdays,I think it's worth it for sure,if you have an open day I would give it a shot.I always knew a family would show up on a closed day expecting it to be open and be disappointed given that all other Florida parks are open year round.Thanks for restraining yourself and not pulling a "Griswold".

Went back today. Water park closed, but at least the park was open. Had a great time, although it was a hot one today! Seems our kids are at a great age for it. 4 & 7. Too much older - double digits maybe- and they might find it just OK. But was perfect for us this time.

They seem to have great staffing. Everyone there was so nice and seemed genuinely happy to be working there which as nice! Pirate show was fun!

Enjoy all, but remember it is closed Tuesdays and Wednesday's right now!

I think it depends on the ages of your kids. I often travel alone with my kids and then are 3 and 5 and both are about 42 inches tall. The problem for us is that all of the rides strill require both of my kids to ride with an adult and the cars are not big enough for the three of us to fit. This is a huge problem for us because I am out numbered. I spend most of the day begging total stangers with older kids (that can ride alone or kids together) to ride with one of my kids. Generally I can make it work but it presents lots of issues. So if you have younger or shorter kids and there are more kids than adults, no I don't think it is worth it.

Both my kids like the park and if you ask them it is GREAT. Ask me and I have less positive impressions. If you have at least on adult per kid under 48 inches and between the ages of 3 and 10, they will think it was worth the drive a second time.

momto2js said:
I think it depends on the ages of your kids. I often travel alone with my kids and then are 3 and 5 and both are about 42 inches tall. The problem for us is that all of the rides strill require both of my kids to ride with an adult and the cars are not big enough for the three of us to fit. This is a huge problem for us because I am out numbered. I spend most of the day begging total stangers with older kids (that can ride alone or kids together) to ride with one of my kids. Generally I can make it work but it presents lots of issues. So if you have younger or shorter kids and there are more kids than adults, no I don't think it is worth it.

Both my kids like the park and if you ask them it is GREAT. Ask me and I have less positive impressions. If you have at least on adult per kid under 48 inches and between the ages of 3 and 10, they will think it was worth the drive a second time.

Agreed. We were sometimes annoyed that we had to ride with our 4 year old on things like the train ride and the aqua zone wave racers which are pretty basic carnival type rides. Seems like it happened often, but several times they indicated an adult was needed, but then let our two kids ride together and us sit in a separate seat. Sort of silly to make the parents go at that point...

The park was not very busy, almost seemed like we were there for a private party or something. Several times we did not even have to get off a ride to just go again because there wasn't anyone waiting to get on. So they just let us stay on. Pretty cool.

Also a little pricey, but OK with the kids get in free coupons.

Won't be rushing back, but we have friends that live in the area, so maybe along with a visit to them.

Thanks for posting this. I am right now trying to figure out which day we'll go to Legoland. Maybe we'll go on a weekend for the "brick or treat" stuff. Hopefully it won't be too crowded.

Bonniec said:
Great for kids, not for teens.

Thanks! I had thought this might be the case. That's one of the reasons I wanted to get it in this time. It will be several years before we can think about another trip, and I really want to go while my ds11 will still enjoy it. :)

Went on a wasted drive to legoland today, only to find out that it is apparently closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Doh. Not sure we will make the effort on a later day this trip. Is it worth it?

Ha! We almost did the same thing a few months ago when we were in CA (Legoland CA also closed T and W offseason). But luckily we checked online right before we were about to leave.

I had to juggle my whole trip around just to get to legoland on an OPEN day. This was in May, which I thought was an odd time to be closed on any day.

Legoland replaced a previously struggling amusement park. If they are going to be closed certain days majority of the year I don't see them doing too well either. Especially since it's quite a trek from Disney to get to Legoland.

The park is great in itself, especially when it's pretty empty. Saying that though we will not be going back. Once/One day was enough to do it all, with hardly no desire to do it again. My daughter is 5 and did enjoy that pretty much everything she could get on. Like everyone else said if you've got younger ones try and squeeze it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter