LeCellier...what's the biggie?

MinnieTink

DIS Veteran
Made my ADRs for August, and the CM kept trying to push me towards LeCellier, saying how wonderful it is, that it is so popular, and I should take a ressie there b/c it was available. Should I? Is it that outstanding?

It is AWESOME!!! We went there in 2006 with my parents, my Dad is still talking about the meal!!! We just went to WDW in January 2007 and couldn't get ressies for Le Celliar and we were very disapointed!! GO AND ENJOY!!!

Yes, call back now and make it... WAit one more day, and there may be nothing available. It's so good! And the atmosphere is very nice too!

I would 100% say, YES, call back and get that ADR!

To be perfectly frank I find Le Cellier to be one of the most over-rated restaurants in WDW. It's simply running on a reputation it doesn't deserve IMO. Le Cellier benefits from being one of the few establishments at WDW portaying itself as a steakhouse, and word of mouth from people who I can only imagine have never eaten at a real steakhouse and/or heep praise on Le Cellier for reasons that don't actualy involve beef (e.g. some of the most common praise is how good the pretzel bread and soup is). I've eaten at Le Cellier many times and more often than not my steak was not prepared how I ordered it, the service was rushed and hectic (in their defense this is common at most WDW restaurants), the bill did not reflect the dining experience I had. IMO this establishment hasn't a fraction of the personality and atmosphere of other Epcot establishments.

I'm not saying the food is bad. It's good, but not deserving of the hype this place gets. I've had consistently better steaks at The Outback Steakhouse.

If you want an excellent dining experience try Bistro de Paris, or California Grill at the Contemporary. If you are looking for a great piece of meat and a real steakhouse make an ADR for Shula's at The Dolphin, or better yet take a trip offsite to Downtown Orlando's Morton Steakhouse.

*EDIT* I just noticed you are from Northern NJ. Take in the sights, atmosphere, and excellent food of other WDW restaurants and save the steak for a trip to one of NYC's numerous world class steakhouses. Trust me. You've probably already had much better than what you will find at Le Cellier back at home.

I had seafood dishes there twice and it was awesome! I would go on my next trip, but my son made me promise to take him to San Angel Inn.

Le Cellier was a favorite of mine on two consecutive trips!

To be perfectly frank I find Le Cellier to be one of the most over-rated restaurants in WDW. It's simply running on a reputation it doesn't deserve IMO. Le Cellier benefits from being one of the few establishments at WDW portaying itself as a steakhouse, and word of mouth from people who I can only imagine have never eaten at a real steakhouse and/or heep praise on Le Cellier for reasons that don't actualy involve beef (e.g. some of the most common praise is how good the pretzel bread and soup is). I've eaten at Le Cellier many times and more often than not my steak was not prepared how I ordered it, the service was rushed and hectic (in their defense this is common at most WDW restaurants), the bill did not reflect the dining experience I had. IMO this establishment hasn't a fraction of the personality and atmosphere of other Epcot establishments.

I'm not saying the food is bad. It's good, but not deserving of the hype this place gets. I've had consistently better steaks at The Outback Steakhouse.

If you want an excellent dining experience try Bistro de Paris, or California Grill at the Contemporary. If you are looking for a great piece of meat and a real steakhouse make an ADR for Shula's at The Dolphin, or better yet take a trip offsite to Downtown Orlando's Morton Steakhouse.

*EDIT* I just noticed you are from Northern NJ. Take in the sights, atmosphere, and excellent food of other WDW restaurants and save the steak for a trip to one of NYC's numerous world class steakhouses. Trust me. You've probably already had much better than what you will find at Le Cellier back at home.

Luthien_Rei-

I can understand what you are saying, however, for WDW food, Le Cellier is one of the best. Don't compare it to another well known steakhouse. WDW is not known for it's food, but if you are there, you just as well eat at some of their better restaurants, and Le Cellier, in many people's opnions, is one of them.

I just saw a post last night from a DISer with pics. OH......MY.....GOD! The steak was MINISCULE and the portions were tiny!:eek: I am cancelling my ADR for May and taking my family to Shula's. I hope we won't be disappointed b/c we are big, big, BIG steak lovers!

It was our least favorite meal of our January trip (but the most expensive).. we were seriously disappointed. The food was overrated in our opinion and very mediocre. Service left a lot to be desired, too.
It's not on our itinerary for our next trip.

Luthien_Rei-

I can understand what you are saying, however, for WDW food, Le Cellier is one of the best. Don't compare it to another well known steakhouse. WDW is not known for it's food, but if you are there, you just as well eat at some of their better restaurants, and Le Cellier, in many people's opnions, is one of them.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. I do not agree that Le Cellier is "one of the best" and stated why. I think WDW has many great restaurants, that should be and are well known for their food, and named several in my post. I simply don't think Le Cellier should be counted among them, and I said as much and gave specific reasons why. I wasn't offering a forum consensus. I was offering my opinion.

I understand what you are saying, but even from your perspective, I still would not recommend Le Cellier. Someone might mistake my opinion after reading your post, and think I feel that Le Cellier is one of the better WDW restaurants, but that I simply would rather eat at better steakhouses offsite. I wouldn't want such confusion. Even among WDW establishments I feel there are far better choices, such as California Grill, Bistro De Paris, and Shula's, a far better steakhouse in WDW.

I am cancelling my ADR for May and taking my family to Shula's. I hope we won't be disappointed b/c we are big, big, BIG steak lovers!

You will not be dissapointed. Shula's is an award winning and famous steakouse in Orlando, with simply enormous and perfectly prepared offerings. It's a shame so few visitor's from out of town eat here compared to other WDW restaurants. Locals eat here regularly.

You will not be dissapointed. Shula's is an award winning and famous steakouse in Orlando, with simply enormous and perfectly prepared offerings. It's a shame so few visitor's from out of town eat here compared to other WDW restaurants. Locals eat here regularly.

Thank you so much for your input!!:) It is reassuring to have a local give the place accolades!!!:)

I really want to treat my Dad to a top notch steak house. I have 500.00 set aside for this trek. Do you think that will cover it for 4 people or should I set aside a bit more? We would only get one appetizer, 4 steaks, 4 sides and 2 desserts. Oh, and of course a few drinks....

We enjoyed our meal there! We had the Mushroom Filets and they were delicious! I would definately take the ADR!

Also, I do agree that in the photos the steaks look tiny. But, they did fill us up. We didn't have room for dessert after our appetizers and filets.

I LOVE Le Cellier. I have never had a bad meal there. I really enjoy the mushroom filet (that is one of my favorite meals on property). My MIL and I had lunch there last year, and I had an excellent filet.

I've never felt the portions were small (I don't want a huge meal, or else something gets thrown out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter