LeCellier disappointing! and other dining reviews

Disneyrsh said:
We MISSED fantasmic with a 4:10 seating at MM. Unbelievable.

All these places seem to have "off" nights. Because I had the best dinner at MM! We got there at 4:45 for our 4:50 seating. Seated at 4:50 and out by at least 5:30pm. Too much time to kill before Fantasmic, and I did'nt fell they "saved us" great seats.

I ate at LeCellier for the first time last Sept. on the free dining plan and it was a great meal. So much that I am going back this August and eating there again. I guess every place has a bad experience now and then, just like when I stayed at the GF, I was very disappointed, where most people love it there.

My husband & I have ADR for lunch at LeCellier. We have eaten dinner there many times & have enjoyed it. This will be the first time we are trying lunch, just curious, do they serve the breadsticks at lunchtime also? :sunny:

Sorry to hear that you didn't like the LeCelliers:( We ate there this past Christmas and it was our BEST meal of the trip, everyone just loved it. We are soo looking foward to going back this September!!

jenny-d said:
we got there right at our ADR time--5:10
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with why it took you so long to be seated. When you make ADRs, you need to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your seating time. There have been times when tables were given away to other diners because people weren't there when they were called....and when they do show up (be it right on time or a bit late) it can take awhile before there's an opening again because they need to seat those who arrived early as requested. And yes, we've learned the hard way on that (though we knew it was our fault for not arriving earlier as requested).

I just made an ADR for Le Cellier for our upcoming trip. I can't say I'm excited about it because I do hear mixed reviews, but I am excited about the prospect of trying a new place. I always enjoy that.

When my friend and I visited the World last August, we were twenty minutes late for our ADR because I took a wrong turn and we had to go the LOOOOONG way around. I'm sure people got a shock from the roller derby wheelchair. Anyway, they told us not to worry and that other people were running late too. I'm on the Atkins diet, so did not eat the cheese soup or pretzel bread. My friend said that the cheese soup must have had a couple shots of bourbon in it and thought that must be why people love it so much. We had the filets which were pretty good, but I got the cheese sampler for dessert and was not pleased with it at all. I was so naive and imagined it would just be pieces of different kinds of cheese, instad of marmalade this and balsalmic vinegar that...eww.

jenny-d said:
We just got back from our trip and I have to say that LeCellier was definitely the worst dining experience we had on our vacation. First we had to wait 45 minutes for our ADR which made DH in a bad mood. The pretzel bread was boring. The cheese soup was ok, salad was ok, my filet was ok but not great and DH's was WAY overcooked. I've had much better meals at a chain steakhouse like Outback or Longhorn. The raspberry sorbet for dessert was the best part of the meal. All in all it was disappointing after all the great reviews I've read and it's crazy popularity. The hostess said they weren't even taking any reservations for the rest of June or July. We were on the DP and the total bill for the 4 of us (myself, DH, DD6, DS4) was $140.11. I'd expect way better for that price!

I totally agree with you. We went to Le Cellier last September during the free dining promotion and had a very similar experience. We arrived 15 minutes before our ADR time and ended up waiting 30 minutes past our time. I was so hungry by the time we were seated. The service seemed a little slow as well. My judgement might be impaired by the long wait and slow service, but as a pp said, I have eaten better meals at The Outback. And didn't pay half the price. The best thing we had at Le Cellier was the cheese sampler. The bread sticks and cheese soup were just OK. Nothing to write home about.

To the OP (or any others that can answer) - how large are the pizza's at pizzafari? Are they larger than the 'person pan' size at Pizza Hut or similar chain? (about 5 or 6 inch diameter). I was hoping to share with my son, but wasn't sure it that was going to be possible.

C

ColetteN said:
To the OP (or any others that can answer) - how large are the pizza's at pizzafari? Are they larger than the 'person pan' size at Pizza Hut or similar chain? (about 5 or 6 inch diameter). I was hoping to share with my son, but wasn't sure it that was going to be possible.

C
it was almost exactly the size of a Pizza Hut personal pan pizza. It was pretty good--but I was very hungry and I ate my whole one and a piece of DS's! The restaurant was quick, clean and big! Pretty good CS IMO.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. Can you tell me about your experience at Concourse Steakhouse? :)

swankybeth said:
Thanks for sharing your reviews. Can you tell me about your experience at Concourse Steakhouse? :)

oh geez--I'd prefer to forget that one. And I was very excited about it too. Disappointing. DH's filet was pretty good actually--it was my filet that was a mess. I ordered it between medium and medium well (I like it a little pink). Well when it came it was a very small flat thing that looked like the bottom of my shoe! It looked completely different from DH's filet. Needless to say I sent it back--so 15 minutes go by and they brought me another and I swear it was the SAME thing. They HAD to have just reheated it because there is no way 2 pieces of meat could look so bad. At this point I asked to see the manager (oh and our server was not too happy with us at this point either) and she agreed with me that this was in no way a filet and someone in the kitchen messed up (twice). She wound up not charging me the TS for my meal which was nice but I left hungry--I didn't want to wait for another steak and DS and DD were getting ancy. Not a good experience. I know every place has an off night, but we won't return :(

Kycha said:
I totally agree with you. We went to Le Cellier last September during the free dining promotion and had a very similar experience. We arrived 15 minutes before our ADR time and ended up waiting 30 minutes past our time. I was so hungry by the time we were seated. The service seemed a little slow as well. My judgement might be impaired by the long wait and slow service, but as a pp said, I have eaten better meals at The Outback. And didn't pay half the price. The best thing we had at Le Cellier was the cheese sampler. The bread sticks and cheese soup were just OK. Nothing to write home about.
I think everyone needs to remember that having an ADR at a certain time doesn't guarantee that you WILL be seated at that exact time. When it comes down to it, it's all dependent on the people already in the restaurant eating...the longer they take eating, the longer it takes for someone new to sit down. This is partly why I wish they never changed the name from "priority seating" to ADR. At least the PS term got the point across that you just had priority over a walk-up.

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience at Le Cellier. We just got back and this was by far the best meal of our 6 nights there. We arrived early for a 4:30 seating and were seated within 5 minutes. Very friendly waitress but she had many tables to take care of and still gave great service. We also had great meals at Mama Melrose and the Crystal Palace. Also ate at Chef Mickeys, Coral Reef, and Sci FI-all very good.

tarheelmjfan said:
I've mentioned on here many times that Le Cellier is very inconsistent. I always recommend Chefs de France in Epcot for this reason. We've never been disappointed at Chefs, but we've had some great meals & some not good at all meals at LC. Sorry, your's was in the not so great category. :guilty:

Made ADRs for Chefs de France for August. Have never been there; have never eaten French food. I'd appreciate specific suggestions if you have any! Thanks

LeCellier is okay, but I never understood the big hype either. Small dining room, dark and very crowded. We've eaten there a few times and the food has been good, but there are so many other places to go to get better service and better food.

I guess that's why WDW gives us so many options. :wizard:

mking624 said:
I think everyone needs to remember that having an ADR at a certain time doesn't guarantee that you WILL be seated at that exact time. When it comes down to it, it's all dependent on the people already in the restaurant eating...the longer they take eating, the longer it takes for someone new to sit down. This is partly why I wish they never changed the name from "priority seating" to ADR. At least the PS term got the point across that you just had priority over a walk-up.
Thanks. But I am well aware that ADR times are not guaranteed. I don't have a problem waiting. But I think that the 45 minutes I(and the OP) waited was extreme. I have read many other threads from other posters about long wait times at Le Cellier. So, I know my experience was not unusual. Unfortunately, I didn't know beforehand or we would have chosen a different time or restaurant.

Gina35 said:
Made ADRs for Chefs de France for August. Have never been there; have never eaten French food. I'd appreciate specific suggestions if you have any! Thanks

How adventurous is your palate? We'll pretty much try anything.

Even if you're not as adventurous, you should try the escargot. We've eaten it at many places & Chefs is by far the best. It's wonderful, nothing like what you may have imagined. :p The tomato & goat cheese tart is also very good. The cheese plate is a safe choice. Try the french onion soup.

As for entrees, it depends on what you like. I would stay away from the safe choice (i.e. chicken) & get something a little more adventurous. The lamb, duck, & tenderloin are all very good. The duck is my favorite. My DH prefers one of the others. He's more of a meat eater.

For dessert, I suggest everyone at the table order something different & share. They're so good it's better to get a sampling of all of them. :teeth: If that doesn't appeal to you, I suggest the creme brulee, crepe, or puff pastry. You can't go wrong with any of them. Enjoy your meal! :)

jenny-d said:
oh geez--I'd prefer to forget that one. And I was very excited about it too. Disappointing. DH's filet was pretty good actually--it was my filet that was a mess. I ordered it between medium and medium well (I like it a little pink). Well when it came it was a very small flat thing that looked like the bottom of my shoe! It looked completely different from DH's filet. Needless to say I sent it back--so 15 minutes go by and they brought me another and I swear it was the SAME thing. They HAD to have just reheated it because there is no way 2 pieces of meat could look so bad. At this point I asked to see the manager (oh and our server was not too happy with us at this point either) and she agreed with me that this was in no way a filet and someone in the kitchen messed up (twice). She wound up not charging me the TS for my meal which was nice but I left hungry--I didn't want to wait for another steak and DS and DD were getting ancy. Not a good experience. I know every place has an off night, but we won't return :(

Have you seen the movie "Waiting..."? Because this sounds like a scene right out of it! It's about a bunch of waiters in restaurants. It's totally juvenile, but oh, devastatingly true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter