• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving Tomorrow: Some Questions

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi All....We are leaving for Universal tomorrow and it has been crazy; so plz bare with me. I just have some questions. First, can we use our room key to charge at the City Walk dining establishments and shops? Also, what is the best way to stay hydrated in the parks. Are the water bottles super over priced? We will be staying at Royal Pacific for 3 nights. Any advice on the best way to get over to the parks in the morning for early entry? It will just be my and my husband and our 15 year old son. We had him a little later in life than usual; so we want to do our best to keep up!:-) Any advice anyone has on navigating the parks to good food and drink etc. is greatly appreciated.

First, can we use our room key to charge at the City Walk dining establishments and shops?
Sure can! Until checkout.
Are the water bottles super over priced?
Yes, but you can get cups that of free water all over the parks.
Any advice on the best way to get over to the parks in the morning for early entry?
boats, or if the line is "more than the next boat," just walk. It's pretty & short. But the boat ride is nice.

I would just pay for the refillable universal cup, it's well worth the money. Yes you can get free water from all the freestyle machines(don't expect ice) but we like Powerade on a hot day which is in the machines it's not just all soda. As a bonus you can also get free icee's which on a hot day is refreshing.

I would just walk to the parks, the boats are nice but wait times can be long sometimes. The walk to Islands is only 5 minutes.

Hi All....We are leaving for Universal tomorrow and it has been crazy; so plz bare with me. I just have some questions. First, can we use our room key to charge at the City Walk dining establishments and shops? Also, what is the best way to stay hydrated in the parks. Are the water bottles super over priced? We will be staying at Royal Pacific for 3 nights. Any advice on the best way to get over to the parks in the morning for early entry? It will just be my and my husband and our 15 year old son. We had him a little later in life than usual; so we want to do our best to keep up!:-) Any advice anyone has on navigating the parks to good food and drink etc. is greatly appreciated.
You can get free ice water refills at most of the freestyle kiosks. (Occasionally it doesn't work) Just select the blue Water button and refill whatever bottle you have. No need for a special cup.

I find walking from RP is the quickest way to get to the parks. Sometimes if we are tired we take the boat back.

I recommend the coke freestyle cups because if you're sweating a ton - which you will because it's August - you will need some sodium to keep your electrolytes balanced. So alternating between regular water and something like gatorade or vitamin water would be helpful.

I recommend taking the boat over, it's not too far.

You can get free ice water refills at most of the freestyle kiosks. (Occasionally it doesn't work) Just select the blue Water button and refill whatever bottle you have. No need for a special cup.

I find walking from RP is the quickest way to get to the parks. Sometimes if we are tired we take the boat back.
Thank You!

I got this for my trip last year and was glad I did. Using on my trip coming up too. I would say it’s about the size of a hockey puck when collapsed. I believe there is a larger size too.

https://www.amazon.com/HYDAWAY-Collapsible-Ultra-Packable-Travel-Friendly-Food-Grade/dp/B07JBMP8Y8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=GSDG4W0RJ7FU&keywords=hydaway+collapsible+water+bottle&qid=1691446105&sprefix=hyda,aps,122&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Just saw that you leave tomorrow so it’s probably too late unless you get it delivered to the hotel.

If you are going to IoA, it’s easier to walk. You come out by Margaritaville so you are closer to entrance of IoA than if you take the boat since the docks are closer to NBC grill. If you are going back to the hotel from studio side then boat is a good option. The boat are going to be shut down for lightning.

The freestyle style cups are good for the day you purchase, so I would buy it on a full park day, you can get it activated after the initial for additional cost. You can always get water from freestyle. Ice is hit or miss.

Personal opinion - there is more than enough sodium in whatever food you buy in the parks. I stick to water (or beer, not the best for hydration but I tend to drink more on vacation!)
On that note....and this goes out to everyone.....Can anyone recommend a place that I would have some luck getting a good mint julep? I find alot of establishments get all fluttered when I ask for one. We live in the Charlotte area....I have my places that make the "Derby Favorite", but whats my best bet at Universal?

Can’t attest to quality but Pat O’Briens has one

Mint Julep - $15.00
Four Roses Small Batch bourbon and simple syrup muddled with fresh mint

Can’t attest to quality but Pat O’Briens has one

Mint Julep - $15.00
Four Roses Small Batch bourbon and simple syrup muddled with fresh mint
Mamu Thanks!....Now if they'll substitute with Knobbs Creek...I Am In!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter