• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving tomorrow!! First trip - Last minute tips/advice?

like a lot of us I plan the hell out of our Disney holiday making lists galore :laughing: but out of all the lists I make I find the most important one is my have I got everything list :confused:

so my tip would be before you leave check you have everything then check again, nothing worse than getting to the airport to find you forgot your passports or to the hotel and you have left your magic bands or even worse your holiday money behind.:scared1:

hope you have a lovely time and as everyone has said don't worry if things don't go as planed its good to go with the flow now and again :)
cal

We are leaving tomorrow; after planning my family's first trip to Disney for 7 months they day has finally come! i am excited, nervous, worried, i know things will go wrong, not as planned and i need to be cool about it lol- i am a planner! so it is hard for me to go with the flow. I have been having nightmares where different things go wrong from MM to the red bull i shipped to the resort ha ha i know im crazy.

Any last minutes tips/ advises? Never been to Disney so i am really hoping i know what to do and i can remember everything i have read here.

Thank you all for your help. This website has been my best friend for this trip.

Don't try to do everything, you can't. And trying to do everything will only create stress and ruin what should be a wonderful vacation. :cool1:

I just read on another thread that OP used FP+ 8 times in one day. Whatever plan they're following, they're doing it well. :-)

If anyone is still following this post then yeah it was a great time but crazy from our flight getting cancelled to my kid getting sunburn and our room in AoA got flooded. So not like i planned it but it was good. I honestly cried at one point because I felt like planning for 7 months was a waste but my husband and girls were very supportive and I did go with the flow, understood I couldn't do it all and relaxed. Overall Disney is amazing, magic bands worked great, FP+ loved it. Like I said in a different post our first day used 8 at Magic Kingdom. The other days around 5 not more because we didn't need them. But sometimes 6.

Thanks for all your advices!

If anyone is still following this post then yeah it was a great time but crazy from our flight getting cancelled to my kid getting sunburn and our room in AoA got flooded. So not like i planned it but it was good. I honestly cried at one point because I felt like planning for 7 months was a waste but my husband and girls were very supportive and I did go with the flow, understood I couldn't do it all and relaxed. Overall Disney is amazing, magic bands worked great, FP+ loved it. Like I said in a different post our first day used 8 at Magic Kingdom. The other days around 5 not more because we didn't need them. But sometimes 6.

Thanks for all your advices!

That is awesome that you had a great time and FP+ worked so well for you guys. It is also great that you adapted and went with the flow when things did not go as planned. I have almost all aspects of our trip planned and know I am going to have to realize at some points during our trip that the plan is more like the pirates code "just guidelines". pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter