• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving tomorrow!! First trip - Last minute tips/advice?

hhill

Mouseketeer
We are leaving tomorrow; after planning my family's first trip to Disney for 7 months they day has finally come! i am excited, nervous, worried, i know things will go wrong, not as planned and i need to be cool about it lol- i am a planner! so it is hard for me to go with the flow. I have been having nightmares where different things go wrong from MM to the red bull i shipped to the resort ha ha i know im crazy.

Any last minutes tips/ advises? Never been to Disney so i am really hoping i know what to do and i can remember everything i have read here.

Thank you all for your help. This website has been my best friend for this trip.

We are leaving tomorrow; after planning my family's first trip to Disney for 7 months they day has finally come! i am excited, nervous, worried, i know things will go wrong, not as planned and i need to be cool about it lol- i am a planner! so it is hard for me to go with the flow. I have been having nightmares where different things go wrong from MM to the red bull i shipped to the resort ha ha i know im crazy.

Any last minutes tips/ advises? Never been to Disney so i am really hoping i know what to do and i can remember everything i have read here.

Thank you all for your help. This website has been my best friend for this trip.

Which resort are you staying at, hhill?

It's hard to remember for us planners, but just enjoy the small stuff!

In all my trips, the things I cherish/remember the most are the things I didn't plan, but just happened:

*my son snuggled on my lap during Illuminations
*my daughter pin trading with various cast members
*my husband and I enjoying a cool beverage while the kids were digging up dinosaurs at AK

You've done all the planning so just enjoy it now! Be flexible and patient with the new FP system.

And finally, if you have a question...just ask a cast member! They are great and so willing to help!

Have a great time!

Art of Animations - Lion king suite
:)

Ohhh lucky!

I've only heard great things about that resort!:thumbsup2

Have a great time...we'll be thinking of you!pixiedust: Just remember that *nothing* ever goes absolutely perfectly, so prepare to be slightly disappointed/frustrated with something but never be afraid to ask a CM for help.

I would say, just remember to take it all in. Stop and "smell the roses". Don't rush through your days. Most importantly have a GREAT time!

Don't sweat the small stuff. If something disrupts your plans don't let it ruin your trip. I have been to WDW countless times and have never gone in with a schedule and I have always enjoyed myself. It is about the journey not the destination. Most of your time at Disney is not spent on the rides so enjoy everything around you not just the thrills. Have fun!

Like others have said, it probably won't go as you planned exactly and that is ok. I had to learn the hard way that being stressed, stresses my kids and my husband. They always felt mine, once I learned to delegate and ask my husband for help, "notice I said ASK", things ran much smoother.

I hope you have a wonderful time, and report back. We will be there July 5th

Have a great time!! You will love Disney. My tips would be:

Don't miss Fantasmic or Wishes!!!
Take advantage of fast passes :)

The funnel Cake in Hollywood Studios is delicious! I also love the breadsticks at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom :)
Yorkshire in the England Pavillion in Epcot has excellent fries!

The fire station at Magic Kingdom gives out cards for a interactive game around the park called Sourcerers of the Magic Kingdom. I just like getting the free cards!

If you buy any quick service meals keep an eye on the bottom of your receipt because sometimes they will have a coupon for a discount the following day at each park's main shop and the World of Disney in Downtown Disney between certain times.

Enjoy your trip!!

We go tomorrow, too! 2nd visit with the kids and staying at Beach Club.

We had a great trip last time. I did a bit of planning, but for a lot took the day as it came. I planned which park we would visit and where we would head first, but then let the kids take lead us from there. If they wanted to go on something 3 times in a row, we did (and then gently suggested trying something else.)

If they were tired, we went back to the hotel and rested. If they were hunger, we stopped and ate something. We did NOT push them....and thus they weren't cranky or fussy or throwing tantrums.

So....have FUN and let it happen. You won't see everything anyway!

The night before your trip is always hectic... especially your first trip...

My advice? Enjoy it, let the little things go and just ENJOY the magic of WDW :yay: Remember that first trips are always a learning curve, be flexible and understanding when things change.

Most importantly.... HAVE FUN! :cheer2:

(1) There is utterly no way to do EVERYTHING in one trip. Some things will inevitably fall by the way side. Don't sweat it. Enjoy what you CAN fit in at your own pace.

(2) Don't be afraid to REST. There is nothing magical about being exhausted.

(3) Have a great trip!

We (DW,DS5,DS3,DH) are leaving tomorrow also. Where are you coming in from? Have a great time.

Have a wonderful trip! Remember, things may not go exactly as you planned, but you'll STILL have a great time. Some of my favorite Disney memories are little surprises that I didn't plan. HAVE FUN!

I remember a day mid way through our very first trip. I had researched and planned and everything was great ...until we over slept. Didn't make rope drop at HS. Oh no! Well I went down and washed some clothes while everyone slept and guess what we still had fun at HS just a little later than planned. And everyone was in a great mood. I agree with everyone else, just take it one day at a time and be willing to veer from your plan. It'll be ok. Have a wonderful time.

Have a wonderful time!! Take lots of pictures and get a Dole Whip in Adventureland in the MK!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter