Leaving tomorrow and the wife is stressing.

Abagpiper5

Mouseketeer
How to I get my wife to relax?:confused3

We leave tomorrow from NJ with the wee ones when they get home from school and I from work. She is stressing so bad that she almost broke down in tears that she is going to forget something.

I keep telling her not to worry and if we forgets anything, we can just pick it up down there.

You would think that after 4 kids she would be more relaxed....NOT!

:grouphug:

Hey, we leave tomorrow am I'm stressed we are having a heavy rain downfall here in Texas and cant get loaded. We have different reservations for Campgrounds along the way, I guess this always seem to happen. I know I forgot something, I hope its not the wife..

We leave Thursday and DH has been stressing for 2 weeks! It's not like it's our first trip, and it's actually our 4th in this camper and we have things pretty much down to a science - even with the dogs. We're pretty much all packed and I just keep reminding him we're ON VACATION! Work you stress about - vacations you don't. :rolleyes:

I've told him the same thing - if we forget something we'll get it there (FL isn't another planet :lmao:) and if something happens we'll just deal with it. I'm super lucky that DH knows his way under the hood of a car, and he's even managed to change the alternator in the parking lot of an Auto Zone once.

I know he'll be freaking out when I pick him up from work Thursday to head out. If I'm lucky, he'll relax by the time we get to New Jersey... ok, maybe Virginia. ;)

Most important thing is that you'll all be together, so just remind her to breathe and envision the sight of your kids when you all see the castle for the first time. :tinker:

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Sounds like me... I learned I must be ready to leave several days ahead of time or I get VERY stressed. I assume she has lists... Go over them with her and check everything off. (give her a hug) If it isn't on the list, you don't need it or you can pick it up at the many Wal-Marts and Targets all along the way. (give her a hug) When the kids are old enough, they can start taking responsibility for their own packing using Mom's list as a guide.

I did the drive from TX to Florida in September in similar rain. What a mess... take care Becky1960.

You are exactly right...don't worry because, unless you forget one of the kids, anything else can be purchased down there. If you have a vehicle, there is a Walmart close by. We have even gone out to buy new sweatshirts and pants for the kids when the weather turned out colder than anticipated. Money we didn't expect to spend, but when you are already spending a couple thousand on a Disney trip what's another $100 to save the vacation! No worries!!

Like DaveInTN said as long as you have the kids you can buy everything else there. Unless you forget your wallet (Don't forget that!). I always get a little relief when I realize I forgot something after we get there because I know that was the one thing I forgot for the trip and we should be good. Try KOA's website for there camping checklist. We use it when we go camping. You won't use all the things on the checklist but its a good starting point. It helps a little.

Last time we got to WDW I was certain that we had everything we could possibly need. As we were setting up the trailer, it came time to make the beds and my DW said, " Pass me the pillows and I'll put the cases on"....
Ah... What pillows? Was my suave reply..... The ones I told you to put in the trailer…. Was her mildly irritated response… I excitedly told her that I was going to splurge and buy everyone new pillows for this vacation… My amusing and exciting announcement was not as hilarious to her as it was to me.. :rolleyes1

Usually by the time we pull out on our way to the Fort, I'm not talking to Hubby anymore. Before we go, I want to take the time to check my lists, eyeball the house & all that...DH not so much. I always panic about the time we hit the interstate & ask if he turned off the gardenhose & the coffee maker, etc. He's gotten used to my last minute dramatics. Good luck.

I am stressing because we aren't leaving for another 30 days and I want to leave NOW!:lmao: Actually it can be overwhelming packing for everyone and trying to remember the small stuff. I have been throwing stuff in the MH here and there and then DH decided to put it in the shed! Hello, we are leaving in 30 days, now is not the time to store it!

Disney trips are actually our easiest to pack for. Most of the staples such as bedding, dishes, and toiletries stays in the camper anyway. I just have to pack clothes and tickets.

We do the least amount of cooking on our Disney camping trips, so don't have any meals to plan. We pick up the water sodas, alcohol, and snacks when we arrive.

I also now have the decorations down too. I have a year round decoration box, a Halloween decoration box, and a Christmas decoration box, so just have to load the appropriate box in the truck.

Last time we got to WDW I was certain that we had everything we could possibly need. As we were setting up the trailer, it came time to make the beds and my DW said, " Pass me the pillows and I'll put the cases on"....
Ah... What pillows? Was my suave reply..... The ones I told you to put in the trailer…. Was her mildly irritated response… I excitedly told her that I was going to splurge and buy everyone new pillows for this vacation… My amusing and exciting announcement was not as hilarious to her as it was to me.. :rolleyes1
Good one! That's some fast thinking there, BK! Nice cover up.

I am a compulsive list maker (DH rolls his eyes at me when I get out a notepad). I made lists for general camping and for Disney camping. I laminated the lists and put them in the camper. DH and the kids can help pack now because of the lists! Ha! It really helps my stress level when packing. We also keep all our Disney necessities (spray bottles, waist packs, hats, light up toys,etc.) in the Disney box so we are ready to go again.

Help her get everything ready to go tonight so she won't be running around stressed in the morning. And you can always buy anything you forgot to bring (Do make sure to bring your kids' "lovies"-those are hard to replace!). I hope y'all have a great time!

We leave in about 6 hours from South Jersey! :woohoo:

Packing is always stressful, especially with kids. You have to get to the point where you say enough is enough and if we forget it, then we'll get it there.

I hope she relaxes soon and can start enjoying the vacation!

Like DaveInTN said as long as you have the kids you can buy everything else there. Unless you forget your wallet (Don't forget that!). I always get a little relief when I realize I forgot something after we get there because I know that was the one thing I forgot for the trip and we should be good. Try KOA's website for there camping checklist. We use it when we go camping. You won't use all the things on the checklist but its a good starting point. It helps a little.

Too funny! We always say the same thing!

Sounds like me... I learned I must be ready to leave several days ahead of time or I get VERY stressed. I assume she has lists... Go over them with her and check everything off. (give her a hug) If it isn't on the list, you don't need it or you can pick it up at the many Wal-Marts and Targets all along the way. (give her a hug) When the kids are old enough, they can start taking responsibility for their own packing using Mom's list as a guide.

I did the drive from TX to Florida in September in similar rain. What a mess... take care Becky1960.

I was reminded by a friend who read this post that I am providing a suggestion that I would not want her to use... :confused3

When I am stressed, DON'T hug me! Give me my room.

Sounds like your wife feels the success or failure of this trip is totally on her shoulders. I stand by my suggestion of helping her go over her lists.

Is there anything she can delegate to you and the kids?

I can't imagine trying to pack for 4 kids and keeping everyone happy.

I want to thank you all for your advice.:thumbsup2
I will make sure she reads this thread so she doesn’t think I am making up these ideas.:rolleyes1

I am hoping to meet some of you all when we are down there. We are going to try and get on the road at about 4pm tomorrow. I think we should be in good shape and miss the afternoon traffic around the D.C. beltway. That should put us in the D.C area about 7:30 -8:00ish (Oh how I hate that stretch of road. :headache:)

We are planning to take a break for a few hours somewhere below Richmond Va.
We should be arriving in Orlando early evening. We just need to figure out where to stay that night before we check in Thursday morning.

:lmao::lmao::thumbsup2

We stressed out 30 years ago about forgetting something, but then you had to shoot a buffalo to eat and trade with the indians for more clothes

Today with all the walmarts, grocery stores and big macs, no problems.

nothing beats a trip to disney when me and the wife have our first argument in the driveway. Then there's silence til we cross the Delaware mem bridge. We have the second argument at the first rest stop in MD when she'll notice we forgot something. By the time we get to FL we're like two peas in a pod after 14 stops at the Walmarts along 95.

I am a stressed out Mom and Wife too when it comes down to remembering ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING for the big Disney trip......

But we must remember that this is a vacation, not an audition for Broadway....:cheer2:

Good luck with the packing and just be glad you dont have 1 month 1 week and 2 more days to go!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter