Leaving Fri 10/22 should we pack long pants???

tlh0726

DIS Veteran
Doing the finally packing. DH says pack pants and sweatshirts. I say just jackets. Forecast shows mid 80's during the day and mid 60's at night.
Really don't want to transport another piece of luggage.

:confused3

I just got back and I was only chilly one evening. I wore capris or shorts and T-shirts.

I wouldn't pack pants. I'd rather wear capris and then add a light jacket/sweatshirt to a T-shirt than drag another set of warmer clothes to change into at night.

I stayed up for the 2am MK closing for EMH and the 1 am closing the week before.

The only time I was really cold was when I was in the Fairy and Princess line for 3hrs.

For the most part I think you would be very hot in pants and sweatshirts. I say shorts and t-shirts with either a light jacket or a sweatshirt for any late nights that you may do.

I leave on the 22nd also :maleficen and I'm packing capris and shorts. I don't have enough capris to fit my big butt in for the entire trip. :rolleyes1 If I get chilly I'll just buy a new hoodie! I live in MA where it's been breezy and in the 50's so the 60's at night will be welcoming! I'm watching the weather forecast and it looks fantastic! :woohoo:

I would, but maybe that is just me. I hate to be cold. We were at Vero Beach this past week and I brought jeans, but we didn't need them. I did need a sweater several nights. However, we were in WDW last October and some days needed long pants. Given your forcast, it is up to you
Enjoy

We just got back (and only live 2 hours away). You might need a light jacket in early mornings and after dark, but shorts, flip flops and tshirts are still fine!

I am going that weekend too.. I am taking Capri's and T-Shirts. I will also bring a hoodie for at night...

I'm leaving Saturday. I plan to wear a pair of jeans and take one other pair. Rest shorts, short sleeve tops. Light jacket.

I'm from the Northeast and will be arriving on the 22nd too. Just plan to have the one long pair of pants that I will wear on the plane (khaki summer pants) and the rest skorts/shorts and capri's. I am bringing one light weight long sleeve cotton hoodie for the late nights and airplane rides.

Weather forecast looks wonderful!

Thanks!
Going to stick to the shorts, tshirts and a jacket.
If we need something warmer will hit walmart for a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt.

I have a feeling it is going to be a long week! :rotfl:

I'm from the Northeast and will be arriving on the 22nd too. Just plan to have the one long pair of pants that I will wear on the plane (khaki summer pants) and the rest skorts/shorts and capri's. I am bringing one light weight long sleeve cotton hoodie for the late nights and airplane rides.

Weather forecast looks wonderful!

I noticed you are from Mystic.. it is beautiful there... I know off topic.;)
so to make it on topic.. since you are from Mystic and can deal with the chilly night air that Fl has... for you a light weight long sleeve cotton hoodie will do. Now me, my blood has thinned out from living down here so long.. I would need the heavier hoodie...:goodvibes

Thanks!
Going to stick to the shorts, tshirts and a jacket.
If we need something warmer will hit walmart for a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt.

I have a feeling it is going to be a long week! :rotfl:

Target has Hane's sweats on sale this week for $5 for women's tops and pants. Cheaper for kids. Not sure about men's.

I don't know the closet Target from WDW but it can't be far.

I am leaving Friday to. :cool1: I have pants that you can make into shorts. So if I get cold I can just zip my legs back on.:goodvibes

We leave Friday 22-Oct too!:cool1: Same here, I'm bringing shorts, t-shirts, and capris for evenings with a couple of hoodies for me and a light jacket for DH. :goodvibes

I just got back today - the early mornings and later evenings were chilly. Low of 56 tonight but high of 84. So it was long capris and lightweight jackets for us - just tied them and kept on going. Kids felt it more than me - but they wore pants so were happier.
Still swam in the afternoon (heated pools) and was cold coming out into the air but jumped into the hot tub and warmed right up!
Layers. Its for sure layer time!

What were you wearing on the plane?? Maybe wear your hoodies and long pants then ;) That's what we're doing - hoodies and pants for the ride down and change as soon as we step off the plane!

I am also coming down to WDW on the 22ND. I plan on bringing, one lightweight pair of pants, a 3/4 sleeve lightweight turtle neck sweater (its my kim possible costume) and a sweatshirt. The rest of my clothes will be capris and t-shirts. My in-laws who live there say that its been 80s in the day and 60s at night, so that should work fine for me.

That depends....Do you have really hairy legs? :rotfl:

People from the north are generally fine while the thin blooded southerners feel the chill at night. Low at night around 60 degrees, but daytime it in the low 80's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter