"Learn from me" flight advice!

little tess

Disney child @ heart!
Booked airline flights through JustFly. NEVER AGAIN! Good tickets, disclosures seem in order, I read everything, and booked.

And the fees are rolling across my credit card so fast I've lost track of what's what. Extracating has not been easy. Or cheap. Lesson learned.

Never, ever book a flight through a third-party. I'm sorry that you had to learn the hard way :(

I've used Expedia when I needed connecting flights on different airlines. I know some have had issues with them, but so far I haven't. They have been quicker at notifying me of flight changes than the airlines themselves.

I used Orbitz once and it was a pain when the flight got changed to another time that wouldn't work for me. I've not used a third party booking since.

So sorry you didn't have a good experience but kind of you to share to prevent others having the same problem.

One of the other unknowns with using a third-party 'cheapest fare' site is not knowing exactly what fare class of ticket you now own. Many times, these cheap guys are selling what's known as a 'consolidator ticket'...these are tickets purchased in bulk at deep discounts by the consolidator and then re-sold...to consumers like you.

If everything goes fine with your flight, you may never know if you have one of these tickets. But if there is a problem...like a weather delay, your original flight gets canceled, equipment change to a smaller plane...consolidator tickets are usually LAST in line to get help. They also may not be endorsable to other carriers. Lets say you have a Delta ticket and your Delta flight gets cancelled. No problem, you think...looks like other passengers are being re-ticketed to an American Airlines flight that gets them where they need to go around the same time. Except you. Your consolidator ticket only allows for re-ticketing on Delta, so you're left hoping that there is a Delta flight that they can get you on and arrive at your destination reasonably close to your original plans.

OP - can you be more specific about the fees you were charged? I know seat assignment and luggage fees are pretty common, what else were you charged for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter