Lead person can't make trip

sibesx2

Mouseketeer
I have a resort reservation next week for DD, DGS and I in my name. All dining reservations also has me as lead. It's looking like I'm not going to be able to go but DD and DGS are still going. Is it possible to change the reservation to her name? And if I do that will it mess up the park and dining reservations. Also thought about just leaving it as is but me just not going. If I do that will my ticket value still be available to me for my next trip?

This is a last minuet thing and I'm disappointed that I can't go (and not thinking things through very well) but I don't want to ruin it for my DD and DGS. Any advice much appreciated.

You don't need to change anything. Lead guest does not have to be there. Any guest on the resort reservation can check in. For ADRs, the last name of the lead guest is sufficient. The folks going just need to tell the CM that there will only be 2 instead of 3 people dining. It's not a big deal at all.

Steve

I have a resort reservation next week for DD, DGS and I in my name. All dining reservations also has me as lead. It's looking like I'm not going to be able to go but DD and DGS are still going. Is it possible to change the reservation to her name? And if I do that will it mess up the park and dining reservations. Also thought about just leaving it as is but me just not going. If I do that will my ticket value still be available to me for my next trip?

This is a last minuet thing and I'm disappointed that I can't go (and not thinking things through very well) but I don't want to ruin it for my DD and DGS. Any advice much appreciated.
You cannot change the lead name on a reservation. It's the only one that cannot be changed.. All other names can be.

But, they can still check in without you. Anyone on the reservation over the age of 18 can check into the room. If you do online check in, then they can skip the front desk entirely.

For dining reservations, they can give your name and tell the hostess that they will be a party of 2 instead of 3. There will not be a charge for you not showing up. It happens quite often that a guest does not feel well and skips dining with their family.

Your ticket will retain its value. If you have the ticket number, keep it in your records. It will disappear from your MDE screen when it expires but Disney will still have a record of it. But in case they don't, you should have one too. You will have to pay any difference in price between the value of your ticket and the one you wish to exchange it for.

I'm sorry you have to miss this trip. We have a trip scheduled to be with our granddaughter and I know how much you must have been looking forward to sharing Disney with your grandson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter